Elder Scrolls Online

I will :) Will get back to it eventually.

Also, the real grind starts now. You're nothing until you're 160 CP ;)

Yes thats what people say. I joined a casual guild mainly for selling stuff and one the constant thing I hear in guild chat is how most people expect you to have CP 400 - 500 to do any "hard" content. So it seems CP 160 won't cut it anymore lol!

Apparently the CP is cap is 750 now.

Yes thats what people say. I joined a casual guild mainly for selling stuff and one the constant thing I hear in guild chat is how most people expect you to have CP 400 - 500 to do any "hard" content. So it seems CP 160 won't cut it anymore lol!

Apparently the CP is cap is 750 now.

160 CP is nice to reach, because that's when gear drops become relevant ;)

As much as I like the scaling mechanic in ESO - they messed up big time when it comes to level 50 to CP 160. It's a terrible period of time in the game.

Also, not to burst your bubble or anything - but the REAL grind is the skill point grind :)

But it's a great MMO overall.

That said, you're right - the combat system is an issue. Especially with high-end content - because you're expected to switch weapons constantly, and that was never a comfortable choice.

It's the one fundamental design flaw I see in the game.

At the moment i find this game at 10euro at steam. Is it worth it? Last mmo i played was conan many years ago.
I am also checking project Gorgon but i am very reluctant to pay around 30 euros for an mmo.
Any help is appriciated.

At the moment i find this game at 10euro at steam. Is it worth it? Last mmo i played was conan many years ago.
I am also checking project Gorgon but i am very reluctant to pay around 30 euros for an mmo.
Any help is appriciated.

The steam deal is really worth it. It includes the base game and the Morrowind Chapter/expansion. If you have played the original Morrowind game then its nice nostalgia trip again to explore the same zone in a different timeline (past).

I hit level 50 yesterday in the game and I have been treating it as a single player game so far. I have to say some of the quest and stories in this game are really good. I would say best in any MMO and almost good as some single player games as well.

You will easily get your $10 back!

Edit: One thing which really pissed me off is the inventory limit the game has. You start with 60 slots bag and 60 slot bank. You can very easily expand both of these to 80/90 slots using in game gold very cheaply but after 90 slots it get very expensive in terms of in game gold as a new player you will be short on cash. Why this happens? well you can also pay real life money to expand your bags! However, don't spend real life money. Once you get to level 30/40 you will have lot of in game gold again and you can easily expand your bags then so you have to hold out till then!

It's hard to say if something is worth it without knowing your preferences.

Like any game, ESO has its share of flaws and downsides.

Personally, I consider it the best modern MMO overall - but that's down to me liking some of what it does.

If you tell us what you like and don't like - then I can better help you.

That said, in terms of sheer content and production values - I'd say it's a bargain even at full price.

Then again, I don't really expect to pay 10$ for games that have taken hundreds of people years and years to make.

That's a strange part of capitalism and perception of value that I'm not really down with.

I rarely think "how much money is this game worth" - I tend to think "is this game worth my time" instead.

If it's worth my time, I pay whatever it costs - so long as it's not blatantly unreasonable or breaks my economy in some way.

You see, my time is much, much more valuable to me than saving a few dollars. I've already lived half of my life - and there are literally thousands of great games I will never have the time to play.

Worrying about pocket change in that scenario is not for me.

As I said the last mmo I played was Conan, which was a total waste of my time.

I agree with what you wrote about time. Though paying 10 euros for ,let us say, 5 days and then dropping the game then it’s ok. Paying 40 Euros for 5 days it’s not.

I also played wow but the cartoon style graphics was a no for me. And then some eve and even though I liked it I couldn’t invest so much time for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said the last mmo I played was Conan, which was a total waste of my time.

I agree with what you wrote about time. Though paying 10 euros for ,let us say, 5 days and then dropping the game then it’s ok. Paying 40 Euros for 5 days it’s not.

I also played wow but the cartoon style graphics was a no for me. And then some eve and even though I liked it I couldn’t invest so much time for it.

Could you tell me what you DO like? :)

I’m guessing a nice community. And some rp flavor inside the game . I always tried to find rp servers in order to enjoy the game.

Well, communities consist of many, many people. I never really buy into the "this is a good community" thing. It depends on how much you invest into the social aspect.

There's quite a bit of RP potential within the game. Stuff like Housing and social events are quite common.

It's also got a more serious/mature tone than most MMOs when it comes to writing.

It resembles LOTRO to a certain extent, in that way.

I find the writing above average overall - with many quests that carry a strong RP/PnP flavor.

The lore is also extremely rich - and it's based on more than 20 years of work from various writers.

DDO is free and the Watch has its own guild on the Khyber server if you enjoy the community aspect. You can solo much of the content, but there's usually a guild member online to team up with for a better experience.

I’m guessing a nice community. And some rp flavor inside the game . I always tried to find rp servers in order to enjoy the game.

Here is the thing, a solo focused game could never have strong deep server community. You might get very close tight knit guilds but never a sense of strong server community. Also the game uses mega server and chance of you running into the same person twice is nil. Also as Darth says, community also depends on how much you are willing to invest in it.

Now if your question is, does ESO is full of toxic morons, then the answer is no. The net sum of people are decent human beings who are more than willing you help you out. I had people give me gold, crafting items, helped killed named etc. People took their time to explain about boss scripts in dungeon rather than calling me noobs etc. However the game is not setup in way for these random acts of kindness to develop into something more and hence develop a strong sense of server community.

Really helpful indeed. Just bought the game so I’m downloading now.

Tonight or tomorrow I’ll have a personal opinion.

Thanks everyone.

Hey. I'm a nightblade that pumps health and only focuses on a few skills :)

I love Alchemy and I gather the shit out of some ingredients and I also like to fish :)

My mantra is "roads are for suckers". I gather runes when I see them, grab plants for pots and snatch insects for use for fishing and also mine the random log or iron vein....

Is there an RPG watch guild in ESO? Sign me up please.

I played ESO briefly back in 2017 but not for long as house decorating was the only aspect I was interested in but it would take so much grinding or paying real money.

I got lured back in now as I was provided with 1000 crown on my account (not sure why) which I spent all on decorating my small inn room. I'm not on subscription so I could only fit in max 15 items in this room (those who are on subscription can put in twice as many) but very happy with the result anyway. Love the feel of the room fit for a newbie adventurer.

https://i.imgur.com/fiVSuks.jpg
fiVSuks.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/SztPT4x.jpg
SztPT4x.jpg

I really enjoyed decorating my small inn room! Now I am working towards buying my apartment with in-game gold which will cost 11,000 gold - I have saved up about a half now! :)

Lovely!

It is genuinely a good MMO these days. I'm taking a break right now, but I will definitely be back in not too long.

Still playing it after all these years. Haven't been much into housing, but I have quite a collection of furnishings I've picked up in a few houses.

I enjoyed my time with it; especially since I just can't play online at all normally. Other people suck ;) If I could create a private server with only me on it, I'd probably play it for thousands of hours as the game itself is very good. I should grab all the content and wander around again for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom