Realms Beyond - Combat Development & Goblin Barbecue

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Realms Beyond showed off its fireball effect.

Combat Development and Goblin Barbecue

April 29, 2018

We haven’t posted much lately because we focused all our efforts into developing the first playable iteration of the combat system. This combat prototype (or let’s say Combat Pre-Alpha) will include almost every action and spell of the classes Fighter, Barbarian, Cleric, Wizard, Ranger and Rogue (about 100 actions and spells in total).

Along with animations, character models and visual effects, we already implemented the sound for various weapons, spells and hit effects.

Until we can show you a detailed insight of the combat system, this little preview video will give you a first impression of the Fireball spell at a higher character level. Those poor Goblins never had a chance and died many deaths during the development.

Except for the combat grid, we completely hid the user interface because it’s still work in progress.

More information.

Well I've seen better fireball VF/X, but that should be good enough for turn-based combat purposes. I guess we're not going to see Paladin, Bard, Monk, or Druid classes?

This is the game I’m most looking forward to.

Hmm waiting for the usual members to say something is wrong about this game. Wait no comments seriously? Not one member saying it's another knock-off.:cool:

Anyway I'm waiting for more game-play footage to judge this game.

Looks good to me. More important to me than the visuals is a tight combat system. And with a D&D base that should be covered. Looking forward to this!

Very nice fireball effect, congratulations!

I was covering in anticipation of usual horrible content in these modern times games, but the surprise is very pleasant!

This and Pathfinder: Kingmaker are my two most anticipated D&D like games.

Haven't heard about this one before, but will follow with interest.

Looking forward to this one. I have a feeling its a long way off though.

Yeah I agree, the launch date looks to be pretty far in the future, at least that's what I think. That is fine, it is good to have something to look forward to a year or three from now.

Hmm waiting for the usual members to say something is wrong about this game. Wait no comments seriously? Not one member saying it's another knock-off.:cool:

Anyway I'm waiting for more game-play footage to judge this game.

Just call it a clone of Demons Age then stand back and wait for the fireworks!

Here's another snippet that looks pretty decent. They obviously don't have too much to show yet, but fair enough. Website looks good, and the updates are consistent. Hex-based RPG with 3.5 ed rules sounds interesting to me.

Can never keep this sorted from Unknown Realm, the devs of which only update us every three months.

So, just to clarify, is this what became of Chaos Chronicles (engine + assets)?
Yep. I'm unsure about the engine though.

So, just to clarify, is this what became of Chaos Chronicles (engine + assets)? I'm just curious - not seeking to incite anything/one ;-) I remember there was some drama around assets etc.

What's this?!

pitchfork-e1484548028100.jpeg

Just kidding. Don't know anything about that, but from what I've seen, this looks pretty good. A lot of the stuff they've said sounds like they're very much in line with what many RPG fans hope for.

Back
Top Bottom