Diablo 3 - Now Installing

I might get it once/if it goes on sale. $65, after tax, is really overpriced for the mediocrity that I saw in beta.

Against my better judgment I decided to stay up for the launch. It's far past my bedtime, and of course I am just getting "the servers are busy" message now.

I understand where you're coming from Drithius. I thought $60 seemed awfully expensive for a digital copy of a game that I can't even play without an internet connection (or, like in this current situation, where their servers are too busy), but at least its massive popularity means that some of my friends will actually play it, making the co-op much more interesting for me.

Last edited:
Ummmm... The accusation of dumbing down the game looks flimsy.

It was part of the business model to rely on complexity to reboot the online gaming and lenghten the replayability of the game as so many times, they introduced changes with the purpose of pushing dominant developpment strategies of characters out of dates, forcing addicted to restart their character from the bottom.

I cant see them surrendering that business model.This time, they come with additional business tricks and they will have to be extremelly good to make irrelevant the complexity trick.

A crappy launch. Servers busy, no login queue, and they shut down their web site and call it maintenance instead of what it really is, which is avoiding complaints showing up on their forums...

My favorite part is the new message on the login screen.

"We added servers to cope with blah blah"

Um shouldn't they have had too many servers to cope in the first place then just scaled back?

Did the servers go down ? I thought this would happen - judging from the game's massive popularity ...

I tried to imagine the shitstorm after the servers would break down - and thousands of people not being able to play the game in time ... - I couldn't.

First Diablo game I actually pre-ordered, rather than waiting. Mainly because I knew I'd like it *enough* and the price on pre-order made it quite a bit cheaper than other games, so it was a bit of a bargain.

Not had a chance to play it yet though. Not looking forward to finding out how it suffers from the always on connection - my internet is usually stable, but has the occasional wobble. Plus I'll be moving house soon so will be without internet for a few weeks which is highly annoying for this situation.

I still have a seed in my mind that d3 is selling powers trough auction house,without arbitrate can be generated be themself and etc, stil without counting this mmoish issue I am interested to hear if is more like d1 that I enjoyed or more like the second witch I disliked.

Did the servers go down ? I thought this would happen - judging from the game's massive popularity …

I tried to imagine the shitstorm after the servers would break down - and thousands of people not being able to play the game in time … - I couldn't.

Blizzard warned everyone last week there would be long queue times and server problems. Players were warned.

I may not care about playing the game but others do so if any rpgwatch members live in Australia, and preordered from GAME you can still get your copy.

As community manager, Lylirra, posted on the official Diablo III forums:

We're aware that some Australian GAME customers have been left out in the cold on what should be the hottest night of the year - the launch of Diablo III. To help with this situation and get these players into the game as soon as possible, we've put the following process in place.
Australian GAME customers with a valid preorder/prepurchase receipt dated before May 15, 2012 can do the following:

1. Purchase the digital version of Diablo III from http://www.diablo3.com now or anytime before May 21, 2012.

2. Download and start playing when the servers go live!

3. Submit your GAME Australia preorder/prepurchase receipt to us before June 30, 2012.

4. Receive a credit from Blizzard, for the amount you paid in advance to GAME Australia for Diablo III. This credit will be applied to the payment method used for the digital purchase.

We'll post further details here on how to submit your GAME Australia receipt to our customer service team as soon as possible. Stay tuned, and we look forward to seeing you in the Burning Hells!

I admit this cracked my practiced cynicism just a tad but just think of the extra publicity it generates is well-earned.:p

Last edited:
Been playing for quite a while now, the game looks & feels... right, I think it's going to be a worthy sequel.

Is D3 worth the purchase price for someone who probably won't play multi-player at all?

I'm interested in hearing some thoughts on the single-player campaign. Does it feel like a solid experience on its own? Fwiw, I enjoyed D1, but I didn't care for D2 at all.

Took over an hour and a half to break through and get on last night after launch. After that, no problems. Agree with Cerberus: it just feels right, so far.

@coaster: I'd say D2 with more atmosphere. :)

@JDR13: That's an interesting question. Obviously very, very early on, but I'd have to guess no. Fun factor increases dramatically form solo to multi with friends, imho.

Is D3 worth the purchase price for someone who probably won't play multi-player at all?

I'm interested in hearing some thoughts on the single-player campaign. Does it feel like a solid experience on its own? Fwiw, I enjoyed D1, but I didn't care for D2 at all.

I have only played for about an hour this morning just on single player campaign but it was pretty enjoyable. Haven't even dabbled in the multiplayer yet. I'll need to find some mutual free time with my buddy before I go there.

I can't really say whether it is more D1 or D2 yet, but it seems to be somewhere in the middle.

I loved D2 and bought its expansion and even both guide books. However, I was not forced to play online. What if I want to play the game at home or while travelling ?

Is there even an option to play offline ?

If not, this feels more like renting a game than buying one....
Please let me know as after my exams I have three months of nothingness...

Back
Top Bottom