Telepath: Tactics - A New Kickstarter Start

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Craig Stern has started a new Kickstarter for Telepath:Tactics. The money he is asking for ($15K) is less than before and it looks like it will fly this time as almost half of that amount is already pledged.
Telepath Tactics is a turn-based tactical RPG in the tradition of Fire Emblem and Disgaea. Featuring mod support, a robust map editor, and a dialog editor, you can create your own campaigns and download others' off the internet!
On top of single player, Telepath Tactics also features 2-to-6 player local multiplayer matches (i.e. you and your friends playing together in the same room, Super Smash Brothers style).
Telepath Tactics is being developed for Windows, Mac and Linux.
Setting
Telepath Tactics takes place in a fantasy-steampunk universe that averts most of the tropes you're used to from these sorts of games. Magic doesn't exist: instead, there is psionics and steam-powered technology reliant on a volatile, crystalline substance called vibra. Cavalry don't ride horses: they ride giant, armored praying mantises. There are no elves, no dwarves, no goblins, no dragons. The world is populated by humans, steam-powered mechanical golems, and other, original races (such as the shadowlings, disembodied heads from the nether reaches of the earth that quite literally feed on human suffering).
Shadowlings were the first to discover the secrets of vibra mining. Crucial to powering steam tech, vibra turned out to be big business–and no place had it in greater concentrations than the Dundar Archipelago, a string of islands governed by the Roman-style Dundar Empire. The influx of moneyed interests to the islands has corroded the empire's adherence to democratic traditions, and the native human population now faces increasing exploitation as Dundar's politicians turn a blind eye.
If you want to learn more a demo is available for Linux, Mac and Windows.
Thanks Bob.
More information.

I'm thinking of getting the 25 dollar pledge.

Didn't these guys have an issue with a prior game having all sorts of sneaky info-retrieving software imbedded into their game? Something like that, I remember a few friends telling me about it a while back.

-Carn

There is only one guy: Craig Stern of Sinister Design. I haven't heard about his previous games having any sneaky stuff in them as you mentioned.
Did a quick search and couldn't find that info on Telepath RPG: Servants of God or Telepath Psy Arena 2.

@Carnifex. Have you noticed any of your friends perhaps having a propensity to wear eye patches and maybe having parrots on their shoulders?

Back
Top Bottom