Mass Effect 3 - Omega DLC Released, Trailer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare has released the Omega DLC for Mass Effect 3:
Revisit one of the best games of 2012* and one of the most beloved franchises of this console generation when Mass Effect™ 3: Omega launches today. This thrilling new piece of single player DLC expands upon the events of Mass Effect 3 by allowing players to return to the seedy and unsavory levels of Omega to fight alongside fan favorite Aria T'Loak. This new chapter in Commander Shepard’s journey will also add powerful weapons and introduce never-before-seen characters to the franchise.

Cerberus agent Oleg Petrovsky and his squadron have seized the infamous black market trade post known as Omega. As its self-proclaimed rightful leader, the legendary biotic Aria T’Loak plots her revenge to reclaim her domain by teaming up with Commander Shepard and another mysterious ally. They must put aside their differences and fight side-by-side to defeat the Illusive Man’s reign over the space station and free the enslaved people of Omega. In addition to the new story content, Mass Effect 3: Omega also includes two bonus weapons, the N7 Valkyrie Assault Rifle and Chakram Launcher, previously only available through pre-order promotions.

Mass Effect 3: Omega will be available to download on Xbox LIVE® and Origin™ starting today and on PlayStation® Network in North America on November 27 and in Europe on November 28 for £11.99 or 1200 Microsoft Points.
...and there's a launch trailer here.
More information.

Is the console generation anything like the Pepsi generation? I bet they drink more Mountain Dew...

Yeah, I remember Aria... Yet another for-effect extremity NPC based on modern Bioware writing standards. I guess that means she must be really popular with the crowd, though.

Yeah, I remember Aria… Yet another for-effect extremity NPC based on modern Bioware writing standards. I guess that means she must be really popular with the crowd, though.

lol

Biofans have been crying over in the forum to have her as a companion since ME2 ended. This DLC is pure fan pandering.

Aria has also been involved in various comics and what not. She's a bit more fleshed out than most characters.

I would be a lot more interested in this if it:

A) Added the two extra companions permanently, instead of simply during the Omega mission.

And/or

B) Added the Omega station as a permanent new hub once you completed the DLC mission.

That's where DLC has the most potential in my opinion - truly expanding upon an existing foundation, instead of just adding separate missions.

So they're charging $12 for a side mission that you can't revisit and doesn't let you keep anything besides 2 bonus weapons that were already available to people who pre-ordered ME3?

Do I detect a whiff of disgust in that question? ;) The price of the DLCs is outrageously expensive. At least with Eden Prime you got a very cool new unique companion and more insight into the Protheans. This though... seems very shallow....

If im buying it, it will be to see what kind of studio they are.
Since they will be creating ME4.

It´s supposed to be a rather large DLC, but fairly expensive anyway.

Not that fond of the Aria character, to me she comes across as a vulture and my character would preferably have put a slug in her or defenestrated her :)

As completionist I detest DLC since I want to have the complete game when I play it.
Have to harden myself and continue with the 6 months quarantine for new games, but its o so hard sometimes...

C

Just watched three chapters on YouTube. Glad there are some kind hearts to put their footage on the tube. Glad somebody played that stuff instead of me.
Direct line from the rest of ME3. Hard to see a personal touch from the studio.

Sheppard's lines are recycled, boring characters, low action level...

I had really planned to play it, replayed ME3 for the sake of Leviathan and Omega (yes, Im dumb looking for scraps of a fantastic universe).
Now, when Omega finally is released and I just have the last leg left of replaying ME3, I find that I cant bring myself to pay what they want for it, especially since it seems so be rather heavy focus on fighting.

Interested to hear others opinions of it though, will be sitting on the fence.

C

I will buy it for sure! WOW! I am so excited to do a mission with Aria! YAY!
—-
But I will buy it after I'll get a huge expansion pack called sth like "Mass Effect 3: Repaired Edition"

I had really planned to play it, replayed ME3 for the sake of Leviathan and Omega (yes, Im dumb looking for scraps of a fantastic universe).
Now, when Omega finally is released and I just have the last leg left of replaying ME3, I find that I cant bring myself to pay what they want for it, especially since it seems so be rather heavy focus on fighting.

Interested to hear others opinions of it though, will be sitting on the fence.

C

I don't get why Origin never seems to have discount sales for DLC.

There are only one or two games each year for which I might consider buying DLC at full price. The rest I usually wait for a deep discount Steam sale. I'd be inclined to try the ME3 DLC, but I'm certainly not paying $10 for a short linear mission that lasts 3-4 hours.

Not only is Origin rather lacking in terms of sales promotions, they also make it difficult to find what you are looking for and actually buy DLC. For example, you can't buy or even locate Dragon Age 2 DLC listed on Origin (or Steam for that matter). You must buy "Bioware points" on some third party website.

Oh, Mass Effect activations and DLCs have been one of my most terrible user experiences on the web, and they charge an arm and leg for it despite its poor quality. At least with NWN 2 they weren't rubbing your nose in DLC costs.

Oh, Mass Effect activations and DLCs have been one of my most terrible user experiences on the web, and they charge an arm and leg for it despite its poor quality. At least with NWN 2 they weren't rubbing your nose in DLC costs.

I have to agree on the trouble concerning DLC and activating games from Bioware.
It have been more hassle than for any other game, any other platform.
And its very strange that you cant buy the DLC from Origin, you have to buy them from within the game.

I dont mind letting steam having some competition, but so far origin is not doing a very good job.
And never, ever any sale on DLC...

And the last and...
15$ for a 2-3 hour DLC...,
It was advertised as a semi expansion clocking in at ca 5 hours but that don't seem to be the norm. Well, I might be drunk at the weekend buying it anyway.

To bad I have to work, finally installed skyrim...

C

I don't think it helps that they've re-used an old location instead of something genuinely new.

Given the price - it ties into the new EA/Bio mindset extremely well.

BTW, aren't the people behind this Omega DLC the same people who're supposed to be doing ME4?

BTW, aren't the people behind this Omega DLC the same people who're supposed to be doing ME4?

Correct.

Edit: Also, regarding comments on activating ME DLCs: If I recall correctly, one DLC is actually flat out gone. I believe it's Bring Down The Sky for ME1. You can't find your code anywhere, it was part of the old BioWare online thingymajig that has now been removed, so the only way to get an activation code is to mail BioWare and get them to manually send you one. That's beyond hopeless.

The mark is pretty harsh on Bioware.

After watching the whole of it, they listened to their customer base. For example, there were customers seeing a plothole in Cerberus conquering Omega. Bioware provided an answer.

The cheap romance? It is in.

The feeling of being exceptional among exceptional beings? It is in.

One part in the article to underline: they state combat is the best part. States once again about the status of RPG in video gaming.

With such standards, RPGs only have a bright future on computers/consoles.

Back
Top Bottom