Things you don't need to know...

@pibbur who - that is just evil....!

I know. :biggrin:

pibbur who promises he will do it again. Some time. Not today. Probably not tomorrow. Won't tell you when (mostly because he hasn't complete control of his original persona).

PS. How about this one? DS.

I read the news, today, oh boy. And found:

1. Swedish pubs are running out of beer. Reason: Carslberg has logistic problems after a system update. (http://www.dn.no/nyheter/2017/02/05/0911/Carlsberg-Sverige/svenske-barer-kan-ga-tom-for-ol). Acvcording to the link it's a nightmare. Why don't they drink Budweiser in stead? *runs and hides*.
  2. The UK is running out of lettuce, aubergines, broccoli, due to agricultural problems in Spain. (http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/broccoli-lettuce-rationing-in-u-k-as-vegetables-run-out-1.3270256) Apparently not a nightmare.
  3. Norway is running out of butter. Oh, sorry that news is not news as it's several years old. If claimed today it would be fake news, planted by you know who. Which would be a nightmare.

pibbur who is running out of things to say

PS.Something completely different: Swarm of bees halt cricket match in South Africa (http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2017/02/04/Swarm-of-bees-halts-cricket-match-in-South-Africa/7611486236691/) Since nobody, yours truly included, really understands cricket, I can't say if this is normal procedure or not. Ozzies should know, since, afaik, daily activities are regularly afffected by nasty things down there - which I have nightmares about now and then. DS.

I have heard tell of the broccoli rationing in Britannia, but I have not yet been forced to compete for said vegetable in my sector. If it comes to that, it won't be pretty.

Yes. There were riots and bloodshed in the streets when we were outta butter. 4 weeks state of emergency while counting the dead. People were desperate.
How_b1c9a2_3047266.jpg

pibbur who occasionally posts fake news.

Outta butta?

Are Norwegians noted for their fondness for congealed dairy products?

I was actually watching a live telecast of the cricket match that had the bee visitation! Not the first such interruption and will no doubt not be the last.

If your life is incomplete without more things you don't need to know here is a list for you, and yes pibbur who, a snake has stopped play in Australia
http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/567750.html

A wartime match at Lord's, between the Army and the Royal Air Force in July 1944, was stopped when a German doodlebug seemed likely to land on the ground. The players lay on the turf, and spectators took evasive action (they were advised to go under the stands in case of an emergency like this). But the device carried on before landing in Regent's Park. "The first flying-bomb to menace Lord's during the progress of a match," reported an outraged Wisden. One of the batsmen, the Middlesex and England opener Jack Robertson, dusted himself off and celebrated the narrow escape by hitting the next ball for six.
War, war never changes.

pibbur who currently plays .... number 4

Outta butta?

Are Norwegians noted for their fondness for congealed dairy products?

Yes. Mainly in the form of brown cheese.

1213212641.jpg

pibbur who disregards valid claims from n'wahs that said cheese is not cheese.

Last edited:
What to buy for your loved one(s) on the upcoming Valentine's day? If you plan to buy her something (I don't. We don't celebrate the V-day in Norway, except for a few lost young ones). Anyhow, here's a suggestion:

Bitdefender.

Got a mail from them today, and I quote:

"If you need to show your love in a special way, get Bitdefender. It’s the award-winning cybersecurity solution that gives you and your loved one complete protection and privacy without slowdowns or battery drain"..."Celebrate Love with Bitdefender, now available at a special price".

I don't think it's meant to sound naughty, just my dirty imagination. And yours.

pibbur who isn't sure that the wife would appreciate such a gift, it's like buying her a set of tools, which accidently is missing in his personal workshop. Besides, said program is already installed as a family pack on all suitable devices.

Water-evaporation-induced electricity with nanostructured carbon materials:
https://www.researchgate.net/public...ctricity_with_nanostructured_carbon_materials

Carbon based film under water. Produces electricity.
Based on what? Speculations are out there, but all are inconclusive.
While the effect is described by chinese scientists, we're still far away from harnessing this potentially cleanest way of energy production just because the cause of this is yet to be determined.

You don't need to know if a cat is white or black as long as it catches mice (partially quoted P. Raos).

For the record, our cat is pale brown and afaik, she doesn't catch mice. (Fortunately, mice and rats in the neighbourhood don't know this, it seems).

Pibbur who thinks he knows why.

Our cat, being disgusted because we don't have mice, will sometimes sneak into the neighbor's basement and catch theirs. He then leaves them on their porch. Good kitty for not dropping them on our porch!

Not interested. Takes too much time to do all that.

pibbur who admits that one of his main reasons for growing a beard was to simplify his morning routines. In addition to him being one of those who becomes more good-looking the more he hides of his face (hence the long hair and glasses as well).

If the moon were only 1 pixel:
A scale model of the universe
In the right bottom corner you'll find a button to travel at the speed of light. But then it takes hours to get somewhere…

Fascinating. I've set it to run at lightspeed in a browser window, keeping the computer running, ideally until 17th of may 2021, so we'll reach Proxima Centauri (aka Alpha Centauri C).

pibbur who at the time of writing just passed Mars, expecting Jupiter in approximately half an hour, and who may stay up until 01:30 CET to see Pluto. Assuming the planets and dwarf planets are aligned.

PS. One more thing: Light from the center of the sun, takes up to 1 000 000 years to reach the surface. After yet another million years we're nearly half way to Andromeda (2.5 million lightyears away). DS.

PPS. Hmmmm. If I restart it at 00:00 tonight, I may use it as a watch. DS.

Something that has always fascinated me. We all know that the light from distant stars takes years (sometimes billions) to reach us. As we approach the speed of light, time slows down, and, when we reach lightspeed, time stops. So, for the photon of light from the distant star, time has no meaning. We cannot even say the journey takes an instant; its entire journey across the universe simply is.

Fascinating. I've set it to run at lightspeed in a browser window, keeping the computer running, ideally until 17th of may 2021, so we'll reach Proxima Centauri (aka Alpha Centauri C).

pibbur who at the time of writing just passed Mars, expecting Jupiter in approximately half an hour, and who may stay up until 01:30 CET to see Pluto. Assuming the planets and dwarf planets are aligned.

….

Just passed Neptune, since that's the last planet, I'll leave now, but leave the PC on. Keuper belt, here we come.

pibbur who aldso is looking forward to meeting V'ger,… eh.. Voyager tomorrow afternoon (CET).

Last edited:
Just passed Neptune, since that's the last planet, I'll leave now, but leave the PC on. Keuper belt, here we come.

pibbur who aldso is looking forward to meeting V'ger,… eh.. Voyager tomorrow afternoon (CET).

Bah, light stopped after 5,8 hours, claiming there would be almost 7000 frames of (almost) nothingness ahead. Who cares? I certainly don't.

So I won't reach Voyager.

But I made some calculations, assuming:
  • Distance Sun - Voyager: 20 601 362 879 km at 11:21:52 CET.
  • Speed of Light: 299792.458 km/sec

Then we have:
  • Time to reach position of Voyager at 11:21:52: 19h, 05m, 18s.
  • Time to overtake it: 3.89s.

BTW: Earth is at the moment about 33 000 000 km further from Voyager 1, approaching it at around 10 km/sec.

pibbur who's mass goes a bit up and down, not related to relativistic effects.

PS. If you want to follow the journey of Voyager 1, jpl/nasa is http://voyager.jpl.nasa.gov/where/) to go. DS.

Last edited:
Well, take a chance like me, if you're in a spending mood.

The first time I hit 'Please' (see below) I did not know what to expect.
Wha…? O, and don't forget to read the top reviews.

The second time I was taken to a page that made me think of our local digitphiles. Since I am no pibbur I haven't got a clue what the book is about.

The third time I was astonished by this solution when you're into bestiality and would like to hide it.

Here is the site:
Sell me something weird or confusing, please

Back
Top Bottom