Cyberpunk 2077 - More than Four Hundred On It

I think its 440 people to be exact. 439 of them are working on cutscenes and 1 guy is working on gameplay and the rest but he’s been done for months.:biggrin:

^ Haha, yep. This is gonna be one hell of a movie when it's done.

Well I have the old BioWare to thank for getting me used to playing interactive RPG movies. So it wont bother me if this game has hours of dialogue & cut scenes again.

Interesting. I seem to remember having read they had 1000+ people working on Witcher 3 towards the end of development.

Now, I could be imagining this, but I'm sure that was the number mentioned.

So, since I don't believe CP2077 is less of a focus for CDPR - I have to conclude it's still a good way from final release.

There are the people working directly on the game (the actual developers) and then there are people involved in the production process in some way. - i.e. Marketing, foreign translations etc.

As I understand it, TW3 had around 250 people working on it, but there were over 1000 if you count everyone involved in the overall production.

I recall reading that there were around 500 different voice actors total for all the different localizations, so that was a huge part of those numbers.

There are the people working directly on the game (the actual developers) and then there are people involved in the production process in some way. - i.e. Marketing, foreign translations etc.

As I understand it, TW3 had around 250 people working on it, but there were over 1000 if you count everyone involved in the overall production.

I recall reading that there were around 500 different voice actors total for all the different localizations.

True, but we don't really know the details about the roles of these 400 people. The article mentions "supervision" - which makes about zero sense in terms of development.

So, assuming they wanted to give the best possible PR response to that lead guy leaving - then 400 people sounds a little low if it includes all the people.

Meaning, I don't think it's at the same stage as W3 was during late development, where all the peripheral people were involved and combined into the total amount.

Not that any of this matters - because fantastic games have been made with a handful of people. Numbers aren't really that big a deal.

Personally, I expect CP2077 to release in 2020 - potentially late 2020. So, it makes sense that the team isn't full sized yet. Usually, teams peak in size towards the very end of development.

Yeah, if he's talking about total production process, then that number certainly is low.

I don't think it's a definite indicator though of how far the base game is from being complete. A lot of the people involved in AAA games don't come into play until later when the game is being translated to other languages.

Of course that could strongly impact the release date depending on how many regions they want it to be localized for at release.

Yeah, if he's talking about total production process, then that number certainly is low.

I don't think it's a definite indicator though of how far the base game is from being complete. A lot of the people involved in AAA games don't come into play until later when the game is being translated to other languages.

Of course that could strongly impact the release date depending on how many regions they want it to be localized for at release.

Well, honestly, my estimate is pretty much pulled from my ass :)

It's just my gut reaction.

I'm certainly hoping it's out sooner than 2020 - but I'm sort of getting the vibe that it's a ways off yet.

What where? At the best gaming facts site ever - gamespot.

Where do you get that that number doesn't include the voice actors?

while 1,500 people in all around the world were involved in the game's production.

In addition, Kicinski points out that The Witcher 3 was localized in 15 different language versions, seven of which had full voice acting. A total of 500 voice actors worked on the game across its various versions.

From the "in addition", I read that this is not included in the 1500. But I may read too much into that.

@joxer; Feel free too provide us with better numbers :p

PS: I like 9's and 7's

Back
Top Bottom