|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Conan Exiles - Launched

Default Conan Exiles - Launched

May 8th, 2018, 16:35
Conan Exiles leaves Early Access and has been launched today together with a launch trailer and the news that already 1 million copies have been sold.

loading…

Conan Exiles Out Today, Over 1 Million Sold
Funcom - May 08, 2018 11:02 GMT

- Conan Exiles, Funcom's open world survival game, has now left Early Access and launched in full on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 digitally and in retail -

- Launch update now live expanding world with two huge new areas, see Conan Exiles' massive Early Access transformation in new trailer + infographic -

Oslo, Norway - May 8th, 2018 - The Barbarian has arrived!The whole team at Funcom is proud and excited to announce that Conan Exiles, the open world survival game set in the savage lands of Conan the Barbarian, successfully launched today on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4! A major launch update went out across all platforms, introducing massive new areas to the game world as well as bringing the game up from Early Access to the launch build on PC and Xbox One. Funcom also announced today that the game has sold over one million copies even before today's launch.

How much has Conan Exiles changed through Early Access?

Conan Exiles has seen massive changes, additions, and improvements throughout its Early Access phase. The size of the game world has more than doubled, dozens of new features and mechanics have been added, and huge amounts of new content has made it into the game. Today's launch version introduces the new Swamp and Volcano biomes, and finally introduces the up-to-date version of the new Purge gameplay where monsters will attack and try to bring down your base.

This infographic released today reveals the full magnitude of Conan Exiles' transformation:

View the infographic on ConanExiles.com

At the time of writing, Conan Exiles has sold over one million copies before launch, based on Early Access / Game Preview sales and retail and digital pre-orders.

"Conan Exiles is already one of the most successful titles in Funcom's 25-year history," said Funcom CEO Rui Casais. "This has been a great experience for us. When I look at the incredible journey the game has gone through in just 15 months of Early Access as well as the very positive development in player reviews over the past few months, I feel confident that we've been successful in what we set out to do. I'm very proud of the amazing work everyone on the team has done."

Conan Exiles is an open world survival game set in the savage lands of Conan the Barbarian. Here players must survive in a vast and seamless world, build a home and a kingdom, and dominate in savage combat and epic warfare in either single-player or multiplayer.

For more information about Conan Exiles, please visit www.conanexiles.com .
More information.
Last edited by Myrthos; May 8th, 2018 at 21:57.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 16:35
Always thought about playing a Conan RPG. Is this RPG at all or just open world action game?

Saxon1974

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 16:54
It's a multiplayer survival game with building/crafting goal and character stats set in the Conan setting (originally designed for PvP, but it seems PvE is more popular and there is a solo mode).

Unlike more survival games though, it has dungeons to explore as well.
--
It's developer is owned by Sony which means it'll remain a hostage of inferior hardware. ~ joxer

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 17:08
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
Always thought about playing a Conan RPG. Is this RPG at all or just open world action game?
Some details about character stats are here:
https://techraptor.net/content/conan…elf-for-launch

First review:
http://backlogcritic.com/all-review-…exiles-review/

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 17:16
It's a decent game and I had some fun in EA. A little too much base building for me but the exploring and lvling is done well. I don't mind the combat and crafting new weapons and armor is one of the better parts of the game.

They got the look of the Conan world down and I'm going to try a PVE server today when they open.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 17:53
@Myrthos wrote "Concan Exiles leaves Early Access and has been launched today…"

The right writing should be "Kon Kan" (as per the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAw-YYKkqWE)

See also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jMSggYBYYI
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 19:34
Hmm, are there any good Conan RPG's that capture the theme of Howard's world?

Saxon1974

SasqWatch

May 8th, 2018, 20:26
None that I'm aware of. I have a friend who has this game, but she's not played much of it as of yet.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

May 8th, 2018, 22:04
Since I bought it during early access, I guess I have a new/old game to play again someday. I thought it was okay. There weren't any quest givers or quests or treasure chests, just mobs and a few dungeons. Lots of building and survival stuff though.
--
c-computer, r-role, p-playing, g-game, nut-extreme fan
=crpgnut or just
'nut @crpgnut

crpgnut

Grumpy Role Player
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 00:03
Has anyone tried the solo mode? I'm curious what that's like. Is it a true solo mode, or do you still see other players running around in your game world?

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 00:20
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Has anyone tried the solo mode? I'm curious what that's like. Is it a true solo mode, or do you still see other players running around in your game world?
I haven't tried it, but I likely will.
From what I can tell from other people, single player is truly single player. Nobody else.

You can even create your own server so definitely single player.

Then there is PVP and PVE servers.
--
How about all games have a single huge lootbox you pay for up front that contains all the options, items, skins, unlocks etc? I'd pay for that!!

Wisdom

Torch & Pitchfork Vendor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 00:21
Also curious about solo, i love the lore/theme of Conan.. would probably have fun with if its mainly just for the exploration.. Also curious if the world seems alive (e.g NPC's that has lives or do they stand still at same spot, day/night - this kills immersion for me).
--
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners."
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 10:10
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
It's pseudo solo. Basically, it'll treat your PC as a server that no-one else can access. You won't see anyone running around in your world, you'll truly be on your own. By default that'd mean you need to still be online, but there's a mod that allows you to play truly offline single player (mod is currently not working anymore with the update to live, but should be fixed again soon).

Avantre

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 10:26
Thanks for the info. I watched some recent footage on YouTube, and I think I'll pass. It looks decent, but not enough to get into my current queue of games which is already overwhelming.

What engine does it use? It looks somewhat dated by today's standards.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 9th, 2018, 10:56
Unreal Engine 4, apparently.

Avantre

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 11:01
My first thought was "no way", but I looked it up, and yeah, it uses Unreal 4.

It doesn't seem like it's on the same level visually as other games I've seen using that engine. Maybe they had to be conservative with it for performance reasons.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 9th, 2018, 12:43
The review that described combat as 80 per cent as good as DS or GoW combat wanted to see it that way.

Beside, issues with lags and crashing servers.
--
Backlog:0

ChienAboyeur

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

May 9th, 2018, 13:01
Originally Posted by vurt View Post
Also curious if the world seems alive (e.g NPC's that has lives or do they stand still at same spot, day/night - this kills immersion for me).
I'm wondering the same thing. How immersive is the world? Is there a day/night cycle? Are there quests, or is it just exploration and mobs?
Also, can you disable the "purge" mechanic?
--
Exitus acta probat.

wiretripped

Machiavellian
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

May 9th, 2018, 14:00
How is the censorship? Does it depend on what server you play in, what store you buy the game from, or what?

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

May 9th, 2018, 17:32
I've looked at more trailers. I don't think it looks particularly fun. It looks like a game that has taken what is usually the filler content of a RPG and turned those into the core mechanics. I guess some of it might be a little more fleshed out than usual but.. There's no real story or even real quests. Not for me.
--
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners."
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Conan Exiles - Launched