|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Black Geyser - Achieved Stretch Goals

Default Black Geyser - Achieved Stretch Goals

May 22nd, 2018, 14:12
Several stretch goals for Black Geyser have been achieved in the last couple of days, such as: Language pack and modability support and the social stretch goals: Party romance and pets.

This means that the next stretch goal is, with a bit more than 4K to go, a new playable race and as a social stretch goal there is a blacksmith, who can forge weapons for you.

More information.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2018, 14:12
Perhaps you mixed up currencies (or I do?) but the current pledge level is €65k and the next stretch goal for the new playable race is at €75k. So €10k to go.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2018, 14:14
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Perhaps you mixed up currencies (or I do?) but the current pledge level is €65k and the next stretch goal for the new playable race is at €75k. So €10k to go.
Social achievements are unlocked

Edit: never mind, misread your comment.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, The Aielund Saga, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2018, 14:19
Yep, I was confused as well before I realized that the social stretch goals completely are another cup of tea.
--
- George Bernard Shaw

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 22nd, 2018, 17:22
Originally Posted by Morrandir View Post
Yeah, my mistake, is is almost 10K to go.
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2018, 22:27
It is a really well executed kickstarted campaign. Indie devs should take note. Kickstarters aren't easy these days.

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2018, 23:19
I think it was funded since the set amount was modest not because the campaign was well executed. Most of updates barely contained information about the game but more of 'thank you's and next stretch goals.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, The Aielund Saga, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
+1:

May 23rd, 2018, 01:24
Regretfully I agree. The updates were weak to say the least.
--
"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2018, 02:11
Despite Kickstarter (and RPG) fatigue, I ended pledging - it's only $16 !

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

May 23rd, 2018, 19:16
They finally got their shout out by Owlcat via their latest Kickstarter update. Perhaps it'll boost Black Geyser's pledges in the final days.
--
- George Bernard Shaw

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 23rd, 2018, 20:40
Originally Posted by purpleblob View Post
I think it was funded since the set amount was modest not because the campaign was well executed. Most of updates barely contained information about the game but more of 'thank you's and next stretch goals.
I agree. I actually withdrew my pledge because the updates increased my scepticism of the game instead of decreasing it (I gave them the benefit of a doubt when pledging but the updates changed my mind). I've never done that before, going back on pledge.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 23rd, 2018, 21:09
Originally Posted by TomRon View Post
I agree. I actually withdrew my pledge because the updates increased my scepticism of the game instead of decreasing it (I gave them the benefit of a doubt when pledging but the updates changed my mind). I've never done that before, going back on pledge.
Me too, and for the same reason.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2018, 21:09
I've been thinking about doing that too - which would also be first for me. I was underwhelmed by the campaign and have an 'uneasy' feeling. I pledged the minimum, but I'm still unsure…guess I still have some days to decide. I am a bit concerned that nothing really new (except promises) seem to appear in the campaign - not substantive new clips of engine/mechanics etc.

booboo

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2018, 21:28
Yea, I would definitely consider this kinda like buying a cheap lotto ticket. It could be risky, and you might lose your investment, but if its a few bucks, basically ordering a pizza delivery, then you won't feel too bad if it does go sour. I didn't back it, because its just not solid enough in terms of the info that was given, plus, not excited by the greed mechanic. *shrug* And I do understand about the "uneasy" feeling some are saying. But who knows, it could be totally above board and they might release a good classical type rpg. Hard to say.
--
To check out my games library, and see what recent games I'm playing, visit my steam profile! -- http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982351404

Arkadia7

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 24th, 2018, 00:01
Originally Posted by Arkadia7 View Post
Yea, I would definitely consider this kinda like buying a cheap lotto ticket. It could be risky, and you might lose your investment, but if its a few bucks, basically ordering a pizza delivery, then you won't feel too bad if it does go sour. I didn't back it, because its just not solid enough in terms of the info that was given, plus, not excited by the greed mechanic. *shrug* And I do understand about the "uneasy" feeling some are saying. But who knows, it could be totally above board and they might release a good classical type rpg. Hard to say.
Once again I agree with you as I have said everything I want to about this game already. I will either get a game in two years, or be short one pizza delivery bill.
--
"Haga Berka Gopa Unama Innrev " - Trump Minion #1

Translation: "Make America great again Donald"

Couchpotato

Trump Minion #1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

May 26th, 2018, 18:29
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Once again I agree with you as I have said everything I want to about this game already. I will either get a game in two years, or be short one pizza delivery bill.
I get what you're saying and agree. Losing the money is actually not a big thing, I've backed several projects that never delivered games I wanted to play or any games at all and I don't regret any of them, that just comes with the territory.

The reason I don't regret them is because I gave my money in good faith, and I've had no reason to believe the developers of said games didn't do the best they could with the funds, even if they weren't successful in delivering what they wished.

With this one however, I get the feeling they're not being honest. They claim the game is almost finished, but still show nothing new. Hell, I would probably be a lot less sceptical if they said the game was nowhere near finished and was mainly just a collection of ideas.

I'll gladly back any honest developer with a pitch I find enjoyable. But I never want to support dishonesty, those kind of projects ruins the entire crowdfunding market. SotA is probably the most obvious example of that happening (at least that I know of), but I didn't back that one. So like I said, no regrets so far.

If I'm totally wrong and Black Geyser turns out to be a great game I'll gladly buy it when it's finished instead.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 26th, 2018, 19:05
I get what you're saying and agree. Losing the money is actually not a big thing, I've backed several projects that never delivered games I wanted to play or any games at all and I don't regret any of them, that just comes with the territory.

The reason I don't regret them is because I gave my money in good faith, and I've had no reason to believe the developers of said games didn't do the best they could with the funds, even if they weren't successful in delivering what they wished.

With this one however, I get the feeling they're not being honest. They claim the game is almost finished, but still show nothing new. Hell, I would probably be a lot less sceptical if they said the game was nowhere near finished and was mainly just a collection of ideas.

I'll gladly back any honest developer with a pitch I find enjoyable. But I never want to support dishonesty, those kind of projects ruins the entire crowdfunding market. SotA is probably the most obvious example of that happening (at least that I know of), but I didn't back that one. So like I said, no regrets so far.

If I'm totally wrong and Black Geyser turns out to be a great game I'll gladly buy it when it's finished instead.
I understand TomRon. It's just that a few members keep posting the same drivel in every thread about this game. Just read Caddy's hilarious response in the other thread.

Spoiler – Wise Caddy's Fable

As for me the worst fraudulent kickstarter was The Mandate.

Link - https://www.reddit.com/r/TheMandate/
--

Couchpotato

Trump Minion #1

May 26th, 2018, 20:50
Remember Sui generis? The next big thing which was supposed to innovate and renovate the dusted boring rpg genre full of cliches and so forth.

Well they released a smaller game called Exanima which has some of the feautures which Sui Generis is supposed to have. It is basicly a dungeon crawl / fighting game. That being said, devs claim to be working still with the main project, but it is a slow burner for sure. In any case intresting to see whether they will actually deliver something meaningfull, but I'm not holding my breath. They may just as well give up at some point.

I won't regret backing it though. Maybe a bit foolish of me for throwing money on it as their promise was definitely much too good to be true, but kickstarters were a new thing back then and I really wanted to give a new team a chance. It was just beer money anyway.

edit: But if i had to do it again…well I would definitely take the beer instead.

Dez

Man with the hat
Original Sin 2 Donor

May 27th, 2018, 22:40
I can list several games that have so far failed to deliver. The earlier mentioned Mandate is one, Sui Generis another. After Reset, The Bloom, Dungeons of Aledorn, Orion Trail, Graywalkers, Age of Grit, Insomnia. Some of them still have updates and might have a chance of getting finished, most are probably lost in development limbo. Considering how many good games crowdfunding has delivered for my pleasure I can live with those failures though, although I'm more sceptical of lesser known developers these days which is of course a bit sad.

I never thought of the Mandate as a scam, more like a WAY too ambitious project. And I felt that way when I backed it too, but it just sounded so great I couldn't resist pledging on the hope it *might* succeed.
Last edited by TomRon; May 27th, 2018 at 23:04.

TomRon

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

May 27th, 2018, 23:05
I never thought of the Mandate as a scam, more like a WAY too ambitious project. And I felt that way when I backed it too, but it just sounded so great I couldn't resist pledging on the hope it *might* succeed.
Few updates, bad communication, and wasting a million dollars. It seems the developer never paid the freelance/regular workers either. Just read the reddit link above.
After Reset, The Bloom, Dungeons of Aledorn, Orion Trail, Graywalkers, Age of Grit, Insomnia. Some of them still have updates and might have a chance of getting finished, most are probably lost in development limbo..
I shared some news in the forum about some of those games, but I agree with you.
--

Couchpotato

Trump Minion #1

+1:
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Black Geyser - Achieved Stretch Goals