Final Fantasy IV - Retrospective Review

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Mr. Gentleman looks back at Final Fantasy IV:

Final Fantasy IV Analysis (1991) | The History of RPGs Ep. 17

An in-depth history and analysis / retrospective / review of Final Fantasy IV.
More information.

And this is in my opinion, after FFVI, the best FF game in the whole series.

I haven't played XII, XIII or XV though, but I don't think I will ever find time for it.

Great game for its time. I couldn't bear to watch much of this video though. That guy's voice...ugh.

I'm glad he used footage from the original version at least and not the mediocre 3D remake.

It got better when they re-translated it.

Say what you like about the original translation, but it gave us "You Spoony Bard!" and therefore is as perfect as it needs to be.

Horrible combat. Sprites look really nice and they should have been animated with combat attack + enemy hit animations.

Great game for its time. I couldn't bear to watch much of this video though. That guy's voice…ugh.

Yeah, same for me. The topic sounds interesting, but I simply had to stop after listening to that guys voice for a few minutes. That's totally not his fault and he might have great insights about the topic, but still...

Great game then and still holds up now. I recently replayed this, even picked up the additional content and did it all, and it's wonderful. You can easily spend weeks in this world having a complete blast!

Back
Top Bottom