VtM: Bloodlines - Retrospective

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
NeverKnowsBest looks back at Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines:

Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines Retrospective

A look back at Troika Game's final title: the cult classic rpg Vampire the Masquerade - Bloodlines. A game full of good looking goth girls, succulent sewer rats and general depravity, but most important of all... good rpg design.
More information.

Hm think I re-played this game over twenty times already. In large part to a few mod makers who still keep releasing updates. Shame it was a failure at launch.

At least a sequel is coming out only fifteen years later.:lol:

I only played it for the first time a couple of years back. It lived up to the hype - I thoroughly enjoyed it and will replay. Nosferatu maybe…. :)

I only played it for the first time a couple of years back. It lived up to the hype - I thoroughly enjoyed it and will replay. Nosferatu maybe…. :)
I never played as a Nosferatu either yet. Maybe I should?

I also have never played as a Nosferatu. I played as Gangrel, Ventrue, Malkavian, and Toreodor.
Playing as a Malkavian was significantly different than the other 3. You get some very interesting dialogue lines, which are particularly insightful if you know how the story unfolds.

I never played as a Nosferatu either yet. Maybe I should?

Absolutely - while I have played Tremere more than any other class, to get the full experience you really need to try both Nosferatu and Malkavian. It is amazing how much each changes how you approach everything.

I would buy a new vampire game, if it would show more erotic feeding with cute female victims moaning or whining-moaning or squealing-moaning. Those weird sounds of a victim between scared and ecstatic.. :D Some vampire movies perfectly managed the feeding scenes.

Gotta finish this at some point, started it a few times but got bored along the way

How can he talk for an entire half hour and not mention the music!?!?

The music....and I say this as someone who usually turns off the audio when playing, any game that has Lacuna Coil playing music in it will get my full attention! And yes, you need to play as both Nosferatu and the Malks. It opens up lots of possibilities, and new/strange ways of doing stuff.

How can he talk for an entire half hour and not mention the music!?!?

LOVE the music ... I digitized the ‘soundtrack’ back after the game came out and added it to my iTunes, where it remains ... and I am listening to it this morning!

They have got to get that song into the new game! PERFECT for the year of Covid!

Nah the metal songs are better.:cool:

Asp Hole [Cain] - Tiamat

Genitorturers - Lecher Bitch

Back
Top Bottom