Silent Hills

Have you guys seen the Silent Hill reboot (or whatever it is) at gamescom?

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/fd4smo/silent-hills-teaser-trailer---how-to-beat-it

Looks pretty interesting. And I must say, that playable teaser felt quite nasty to me. It was done very good. The first person really added to the mood and tension. And considering they have Norman Reedus, them going first person means they don't have to constantly parade him around. Call me interested in this one. I just hope all the Hideo Kojima hype doesn't grow out of proportions. Personally, I dislike his arrogance. He seems to me very similar to Peter Molyneaux.

I watched some additional footage on YouTube. It looks like it has potential, and I love me some good survival horror.

I don't get why they're calling it Silent Hills though, as it doesn't seem anything like the SH series. I get that it's a reboot, but I tend to think they're only using that title for name recognition.

I watched some additional footage on YouTube. It looks like it has potential, and I love me some good survival horror.

I don't get why they're calling it Silent Hills though, as it doesn't seem anything like the SH series. I get that it's a reboot, but I tend to think they're only using that title for name recognition.

Yeah. And the actual pluralization of the name just sounds stupid.

Kind of reminds me of Aliens and not just for the lazy addition of the pluralization. They let that psycho James Cameron have a go at concept and he made something that was pretty good. It wasn't like the first movie, it drew on completely different ideas of horror, but it was still good by itself. That's what I think will happen here. You've got some people know for being decent at their craft and they're gonna pervert the source material, but still make something "good". This really brings up a discussion of what makes a series a series. Some say that the 3rd person perspective and the fog are what makes Silent Hill Silent Hill, other's say its the personal psychological side that makes Silent Hill. As long as you can recognize the game as a part of the series in some way, we shouldn't be too critical of it yet.

plus it looks nice

It looks more like something like Condemned.

I'm sorry but this doesn't bode well to me. Silent Hill was about the exploration of a strange remote town and its allegory as a purgatory for personal demons and such psychological subtleties.

Also what is the comedian from the Walking Dead doing there, it seems they're trying to associate big names which have little to do with this in order to rack up sales, just like the Castlevania reboot. I'm pretty sure Kojima will have very little to do with any of this, he will only be a producer of some sort.

The presented it as an "Hideo Kojima game" with "voice acting from Patrick Stewart", when the game was developed in Spain and Kojima only had an extremely remote and tangential involvement.

Back
Top Bottom