Melee: Battlegrounds - Medieval Combat Sandbox

abharsair

Grumpmaster
I stumbled across Melee: Battlegrounds on Kickstarter, which is done by the same people who created the popular cRPG mod for Mount & Blade. They are asking for $130,000 and have so far gathered a little over $27,000, with 24 days left to go.

Medieval Combat Sandbox. Earn Equipment. Upgrade skills. Build Castles. Siege Engines. Experience Massive Battles. Fight, Die, Learn!

Melee: Battlegrounds is a pre-alpha stage standalone, 100% independent game being developed as the spiritual sequel to the popular Mount & Blade Warband mod cRPG, with the intention of making the best medieval combat game available by using what was good and improving on what can be done better. The game is made upon our own homemade engine which also will allow for heavy modding - mod anything you can think of!

More information.

Looks good, but I'm not into the whole MMO thing, so I'll skip. If it had a single player campaign then I would probably pledge.

It's one of their stretch goals at 300k, but it seems doubtful they'll make that much...

Would perhaps have backed if it had a single player campaign.

This looks really great! Have backed it, love the idea of huge medieval battles and this looks not like the typical mmo for me, much more focus on skill and fighting...

Back
Top Bottom