Original Sin - Delayed a Bit More

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The release date for Original Sin has been pushed back 10 days and is now set for June 30th according to this press release:

Larian Studios has announced that the release date for the upcoming, co-op fantasy RPG, Divinity: Original Sin, has moved back slightly, from June 20 to June 30.

While Divinity: Original Sin has been going through rigorous testing thanks to a huge community playing on Steam Early Access, there are still a few more finishing touches required before launch. The team wants to deliver the best possible game at release, rather than a game they're not 100% happy with, and will use the extra time to add voice-overs for a range of characters, as well as a number of bug fixes to make for a well-polished experience.

Players who have purchased a copy of the game via Steam Early Access will still be able to enjoy it until release, and Larian apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause players who have been patiently waiting for Original Sin's release
More information.

I wish I could say this is a surprise but I can't. If you play the beta with the new updates you know why this delay is necessary at least.

Though I wonder if they will announce another delay after those ten days. Now you can bring the how dare you say that replies. Come on you know you want to.:p

I wish I could say this is a surprise but I can't. If you play the beta with the new updates you know why this delay is necessary at least.

Though I wonder if they will announce another delay after those ten days. Now you can bring the how dare you say that replies. Come on you know you want to.:p

It's probBly delayed because they were working on DLC.;)

I really hope they delay until the game is polished...

Yeah I'm very happy for them to delay a bit if there are polish issues. Its much better than rushing it out. First impressions tend to stick.

I don't mind. I had DOS planned for July anyways.

Couchpotato: I haven't played the latest beta version. What's up with it?

I don't mind. I had DOS planned for July anyways.

Couchpotato: I haven't played the latest beta version. What's up with it?

I think he's referring to the bugs that are still persistent throughout the beta. What a lot of people are worried about, as far as the forums and general conversation, the beta access is only about 1/4 of the game and bugs still persist with each new patch, sometimes adding news one and people are worried the other 3/4 of the game will be the same amount of bugs throughout. I haven't come across a lot of bugs myself, mainly just minor ones, but I'm also not too worried about the overall state of the game and believe Larian can and will release a solid enough product.

There are some pretty major bugs in the newest beta:

Crafting is completely broken. There are dozens of items that you can create with crafting that cannot be interacted with after creation. You'll make a dagger from a knife and the dagger can't be equipped, moved, sold, etc. Several food items can't be eaten.
Making spell scrolls is broken and so non-mages can only use scrolls they find in treasure.

In one of the Boss fights, the creature can teleport. If your party hides, the creature will teleport several miles into town and start killing townspeople.

Equipping and unequipping gear heals the character. Free heals for all :)

In one of the Boss fights, the creature can teleport. If your party hides, the creature will teleport several miles into town and start killing townspeople.

That one might not be a bug you know...

The teleport spell has a limit of 15m, so it seems like a bug.

Releasing well-polished and not overlaping with Wasteland 2 date then is good

The release date for Original Sin has been pushed back 10 days and is now set for June 30th according to this press release:

Makes it a nice 50th birthday present for me then :)

Needs more patches after release to properly evaluate developers intent. Maybe by October.

I'll probably just wait until at least the second post-release patch is out, as per usual. :p

I'll probably just wait until at least the second post-release patch is out, as per usual. :p

Probably a very good idea in this case. The game is fun; when it works as expected.

I guess I don't mind the delays...I just wish they'd be honest and say "Christmas 2014! It's gonna be awesome!"

Excited to play the final game, but yes if anything I don't like the sound of a ten day delay when it might need 2-3 more months. Don't want to play a rushed game but if they release it a little buggy that's okay as long as they fully patch in the following weeks and months. Actual release day doesn't necessarily matter it's how they treat the community and customers.

delays are more often than not a good thing..just too bad people tend to be a bit impatient ^_^

Back
Top Bottom