Wizardry 8 on Vista?

Lost Sheep

Watcher
Is anyone runnung Wiz8 on Vista?

Do you have to do anything clever or will it just run OK?

Can you use MadGod's editor in Vista.

Grateful for any answers,Thanks.

All the Wiz8 nuts I know are XP users. Hopefully someone will be able to help out. (Didn't want you to think we were ignoring you)

Thanks for reply,it feels good not to be ignored:).

So,does anyone know if it will run on vista?

You could try the demo, if it runs on vista so would the full game. I assuming you want to know before you buy it..... if it is for your decision whatever to buy vista or not, I can't help you :(

I never tried to run it on my bro's ex g/f's comp when I was trying to make it run as fast as a yugo with no transmission being pushed by a dead snail. But then, it was all Vista could do to boot up without crashing, locking up, or saying "You should have used preparation H!"

Needless to say, when I built my computer, I went with XP, even though I hate it as much as I hate politicians. My brother could not get the Sims, any GTA game, or Call of Duty to run in Vista at all. Heck, I think ADOM would have been too much for Vista.

Is anyone runnung Wiz8 on Vista?

Do you have to do anything clever or will it just run OK?

Can you use MadGod's editor in Vista.

Grateful for any answers,Thanks.

Sorry for not replying sooner but I just spotted this.

Hopefully this snip from an email Alex Meduna, the Lead Game Systems Programmer for Wizardry 8, sent around to us a few months back will be of use.

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:31 AM
Subject: Wiz8 runs on Vista @ 1920x1200 (!)

On a lark, I downloaded the Wiz8 demo and installed it on my new Vista machine (Home Premium 32-bit, 8800GT, 4GB RAM, Core Duo 6750. Amazingly enough I got it running with very little trouble.

It was dying initially, but I switch the shortcut to "XP (SP2)" Compatibility mode, and it seems to run flawlessly, sound and graphics all ok on the first shot, everything at proper speed, etc.

It ran 3DSetup, and I chose my max res. 1920x1200x32, which I was sure it would gag on, and the default Miles 2D Pos sound option, since I had no idea which of those to try, and it was the default. Amazingly enough, it ran perfectly, it's stretching things to widescreen, sound & voices work... Look totally playable. Pretty nice job on the tech-end, Drek!
- end snip-

As for Mad God's Editor I can't help you there, sorry. Perhaps send an email to one of the Wizardry Mod makers they might have the answer.

If you do get everything up and running please post back to this thread with the info. While we may seldom reply or post we do frequent these forums :)

Ubbax
"We don't stop playing because we grow old...
We grow old because we stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw

Thanks for the replies folks,I've printed off the advice above to try out ASAp.

If anyone has any further advice it would be most welcome.

Back
Top Bottom