Pillars of Eternity II - Review @ IndianNoob

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
IndianNoob has reviewed Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire:

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Review (PC) :: Noobreview :: From Swords to Shanties

Obsidian Entertainment‘s 2015 RPG Pillars of Eternity was a divisive title for many. While a portion of the rpg community welcomed the crowdfunded title with open arms, a more hardcore crowd found the game to be an underwhelming experience. You can check out our review of the game here. Three years later, Obsidian Entertainment is back with the sequel; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Does it elevate the franchise to CRPG greatness or fall flat on its wings? Let’s find out.

[...]

VERDICT

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire improves on the original in almost all aspects. While it may lack the experimentation factor of Divinity- Original Sin 2, Deadfire manages to bring that much needed balance between Inifinity engine RPGs and their modern counterparts. Is it the Baldur’s Gate II everyone wanted? No. After much struggle, the Pillars of Eternity series is standing on its own legs now.
More information.

I had much more to say regarding the mechanics and the writing, but sadly was on a restricted word count.

A lot of the combat music is underwhelming and feels out of place. While I was out fighting 15 foot giants, the music being played made me feel like I was wacking goblins in the head with a toy hammer.
Have to agree on this. Not saying it's the only review that dares to say it as I didn't read each and every one of them, but a game that is trying to be epic needs some better music scores.

Have to agree on this. Not saying it's the only review that dares to say it as I didn't read each and every one of them, but a game that is trying to be epic needs some better music scores.

At first I thought my game was bugged lol. So underwhelming.

Informative, balanced review. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom