Fallout 76 - Won't Launch on Steam

I don't know which Steam you're using - the one I'm using is only showing a tiny, tiny selection of games - depending on when it's released and how well it's doing.

One of the biggest problems for a lot of games that ARE on Steam, is that people don't see them. On some days, more games are released than are actually shown on the front page.

I don't know why you're repeating yourself, though.

Saki and I already agree. Yes, more people will be playing when Steam is added to the mix.

The point is that it's almost certainly not going to be a significant amount of people - which means the ENTIRE point of bringing it up as relevant is nullified.

But I guess some people just enjoy being literal to have something to say.

Note that I'm not talking about TomRon here.

I'm the one repeating myself? Ok :)

Anyone who uses Steam on a regular basis sees the new releases especially when it's a major AAA release. It's almost impossible not to. We can pretend otherwise though if you want to.

I already agreed that it's probably not going to have a significant effect in the long run, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to get so defensive over the matter. Well, actually I am pretty sure why. ;)

I'm the one repeating myself? Ok :)

So it would seem.

Anyone who uses Steam on a regular basis sees the new releases especially when it's a major AAA release. It's pretty hard not to. We can pretend otherwise though if you want to.

The difference between seeing it on Steam and seeing it on one of the many other platforms and media outlets where it will be marketed will be…… what? The darker, cooler colors, or?

I already agreed that it's probably not going to have a significant effect in the long run, so I'm sure why you feel to become so defensive over the matter. Well, actually I am pretty sure why. ;)

I'm the one defending my point? Ok :) You seem to have been the one feeling the need to point something literal out - only to agree with the gist afterwards.

But we can pretend that was me, if it makes you feel better ;)

So it would seem.

Not compared to you, but ok.

The difference between seeing it on Steam and seeing it on one of the many other platforms where it will be marketed will be…… what? The darker, cooler colors, or?.

I can't tell if you're being intentionally obtuse here or if the fanboy in you is just overpowering all common sense today.

The difference is that VASTLY more people use Steam than any other platform for PC games.

I'm the one defending my point? Ok :) You seem to have been the one feeling the need to point something literal out - only to agree with the gist afterwards.

But we can pretend that was me, if it makes you feel better ;)

I'm not defending anything Dart, I just made a simple common sense statement, and I wasn't even responding to you. Then Fanboy Darth kicked in.

I can't tell if you're being intentionally obtuse here or if the fanboy in you is just overpowering all common sense today.

The difference is that VASTLY more people use Steam than any other platform for PC games.

You don't seem like you're paying much attention here.

Let me try again.

Fallout 76 will be marketed on:

Facebook
Youtube
Pretty much all gaming sites you can think of
Reddit
Probably some big building in some city in the real world
Etc.

So, what you're telling me is that the percentage of people who use Steam EXCLUSIVELY - as in, the people who would NEVER go to ANY other outlet where FO76 will be marketed at or around release - is significant?

Because that sounds incredibly unrealistic to me.

If not, then you agree and your post added nothing of relevance.

I'm not defending anything Dart, I just made a simple common sense statement, and I wasn't even responding to you. Then Fanboy Darth kicked in.

I don't think either of us are defending anything, as such. It's just your usual bullshit when you have no arguments left - so it should serve as a demonstration of how unproductive that approach is.

As for this thread, it's something multiple people are participating in.

So, if you make pointless statements and you don't understand what's being said, it's hardly a surprise people will respond.

Cool, but we're not just talking about awareness here, but I think you already know that. We're talking about poeple who aren't going to bother with another new platform for the reasons I already mentioned.

No one said the sole reason they wouldn't be getting it is because they didn't even know it existed at all.

Cool, but we're not just talking about awareness here, but I think you already know that. We're talking about poeple who aren't going to bother with another new platform for the reasons I already mentioned.

No one said the sole reason they wouldn't be getting it is because they didn't even know it existed at all.

Both my point and - I believe - Saki's point is that awareness won't be a problem, which is what was argued that it WOULD be. Not by you, but others.

I've already touched upon my perception of the people who're genuinely interested and excited about FO76 - but who will refuse to play it because it's not on Steam.

That is the kind of thing that's very hard to be certain about - but, in my estimation, that would be a VERY small percentage.

As for the people who weren't interested in the first place, well....

I don't think either of us are defending anything, as such. It's just your usual bullshit when you have no arguments left - so it should serve as a demonstration of how unproductive that approach is.

As for this thread, it's something multiple people are participating in.

So, if you make pointless statements and you don't understand what's being said, it's hardly a surprise people will respond.

Oh cool, the age old internet tactic of "like you usually do". As if people here aren't used to the way you do things.

I don't think you're fooling anyone here though. You haven't been for a long time.

@ JDR

When you're an honest person capable of admitting your own mistakes, you don't need tactics or to be concerned with fooling anyone.

Deep down, I think you know what I'm about by now.

You've changed a lot over the course of the last 10-12 years. You used to be a lot more ego-driven and defensive about everything you enjoy.

You're much more reasonable now and I expect you'll eventually learn that it's not always a competition when you disagree with someone, even though I know it's a hard habit to break.

I'm pretty sure TomRon wasn't just talking about people being aware of the game's existence. I believe he's referring to the added exposure of seeing it on a daily basis on the platform you log into the most, which would be Steam for most people.

It's not rocket science. Steam is, by far, the most used platform for PC gamers, and a lot of people are either too stubborn or too lazy to use additional platforms.

There's absolutely no doubt that there would be more people playing if it were on Steam.

It's not going to make much of a difference in the long run.

I don’t think anyone would dispute steam being the most used platform. Even my son and his friends are steam first but none of them are steam only.

My post specifically target “new” or “ younger “ gamers. Teens, preteens. They don’t typically get stubborn or lazy about thier game like us old guys do.:)

They have no problems signing up for new clients.

To clarify, but I’m not sure why I need to. I’m not saying every young person on the planet will be ok with it but the vast majority will. I would believe that dart’s 1% wouldn’t be to far off again with younger “new” gamers.

@ JDR

When you're an honest person capable of admitting your own mistakes, you don't need tactics or to be concerned with fooling anyone.

Deep down, I think you know what I'm about by now.

You've changed a lot over the course of the last 10-12 years. You used to be a lot more ego-driven and defensive about everything you enjoy.

You're much more reasonable now and I expect you'll eventually learn that it's not always a competition when you disagree with someone, even though I know it's a hard habit to break.

I find it highly ironic every time you talk about ego when it's painfully obvious that you're in a constant battle with your own.

And despite how that might sound to you, I don't mean that as an insult.

It's just that you still have a powerful need to try to make your opinion heard louder than anyone else's.

I already know you're going to respond that you're only trying to "explain" yourself, but it's obvious that you have just as hard of a time as anyone else around here when someone doesn't completely agree with you. You've gotten better about it though.. just like some of the rest of us. ;)

Hey, if that's what you need to tell yourself about me - that's cool :)

I sympathise.

At least we agree that we're both more reasonable than we were. I consider that progress :)

I can even admit that I'm more reasonable today than I used to be. Less aggressive, most of the time.

See? Haven't I earned a medal of some sort?

No steam release?

Looks like I will be passing on this one.

Then again, I'm stuck in the real world.
False dichotomy meets smug superiority. You really seem a bit stuck up yourself when you disagree with people.

False dichotomy meets smug superiority. You really seem a bit stuck up yourself when you disagree with people.

That is a very common response to people who disagree with you that you have trouble refuting :)

I recommend focusing on coming up with a rational counter argument, instead of dwelling on how terrible a person I am for having a point and making it.

That's certainly the best way to "annoy" someone, though it probably won't work with me - as I don't fret about being wrong.

Also, if you haven't already figured it out - I don't participate on forums because I want to be popular with people who don't know me or have ever met me.

I participate because I have something to say and I want to exchange.

Years ago, I learned that the only way to be appreciated by everyone is to never say something people don't like. That's not exactly a sacrifice I'm willing to make to feel good about trivial appreciation based on pathetic human insecurities.

Blah blah blah.
I recommend focusing on coming up with a rational counter argument, instead of dwelling on how terrible a person I am for having a point and making it.

I'm sure that would give you a tiny little thrill in your pants but it looks like your ego is getting plenty of attention from the other forum members already so I'll stick to debating people who aren't quite so... all right, I'm done with the insults too.

I'm sure that would give you a tiny little thrill in your pants but it looks like your ego is getting plenty of attention from the other forum members already so I'll stick to debating people who aren't quite so… all right, I'm done with the insults too.

That's fair enough. Have fun! :)

They're not going to "Launch" on Steam. My money is it's available on Steam within 6 months.

Six month lag is long time in the industry. Success happens around launch.

It might come to Steam. This will show the differences between the two versions and will work at Steam disadvantage.

Modders want to be paid. The best paid mods will not be available on Steam. Modders will lobby against Steam.

If they provide paid mods, this market alone is expected to be big, maybe bigger than the main product market.

Steam will not provide that extra market. Modders will lobby the way out of Steam.

Back
Top Bottom