The NOTHING - Kickstarter Started

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Kickstarter for The NOTHING has begun seeking a target of 600K.

• THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, A PRE-ALPHA proof of concept, in no way to be considered a final product or even an example of what the final product will be. All content was to show what our starting point looks like. It's up to YOU, the backers where we go from here!
  • A TRUE RPG set in the third-person with lots of action and a large emphasis on exploration, crafting and discovery.
  • Build-able and customizable vehicles, weapons and more!
  • Full NPC dialog which alters the present and future of the game.
  • Both lethal and NON lethal gameplay.
  • The game will be developed for XBOX ONE, PS4, PC, Linux and Nintendo Switch
  • The game environment is comprised of 3 worlds: the upper Utopia, Lower Los Angeles, and the underground sewer system
More information.

The title inspired me to match it with my donation.

It seems at least interesting. Might play similar to Alpha Protocol in a cyberpunk setting. Though, the chars look like plastic sex dolls.
I hope they succeed, but will not support the KS this time.

TBH, my impression is of an amateur who's spent a small fortune on setting up workstations and paying for expensive music and voicework, to support a very basic Unreal tech demo. I really don't think it's going to happen.

Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity.
- H Jackson Brown Jr.
If it's good enough for H Jackson Brown Jr., it's good enough for me!

Not the game though.

So we're seeing a resurgence of cyberpunk-themed games, is that correct?

So we're seeing a resurgence of cyberpunk-themed games, is that correct?

Yes. See this video.. cyberpunk ARPGs/adventure games (its in english)

What???? The NOTHING's devs plan to make 12 endings for the game??? Oh please, do at least one ending, properly.

Last edited:
This kickstarter reminds me Sui Generis or whatever it was called. Promises everything but no substance in any of the material and almost no material whatsoever.

Sui Generis did deliver something though, a completely un-fun tech demo.

This has been canceled, presumably as it doesn't have a prayer of being funded.

Not a surprise really it was an ambitious game from a one man developer, asking for at least half a million dollars. As I said before good luck as most game projects can't make $50,000. Quite different from a few years back when everybody loved crowdfunding.

Guess to many failed or under-performing will do that.:cool:

One of the things I've learned is that it's much easier than you might think to knock up something that looks a bit like a game, but even harder than you might fear to make something that's any good, and actually fill it with content. I examine these pitches more carefully now, and have more of a sense of what to look for.

As I said before good luck as most game projects can't make $50,000. Quite different from a few years back when everybody loved crowdfunding.
It's the gold rush effect. Kickstarter looked like a great way to get NSA money to fund your project, so naturally 100x as many projects as the market could handle all flooded in.

I think the community just learned and lost its naiveté.
For naive me it looked perfectly reasonable for a small indie team to create a game like Sui Generis for 100k.
Today I know that's impossible.

Back
Top Bottom