The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Yep. If someone had told me to listen to a duet with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga, I'd have probably fled. But, gotta say, that's talent, and feels pretty genuine.

And now for something completely different.

(WARNING: there's accordion! :lol:)

Disturbed rocking about the negativity of social/media in general.

Last edited:
One of my nephew's queried me today on some of George Harrison's underappreciated music, and that led me down a long and lovely rabbit hole today, full of such songs as the Art of Dying, Horse to Water, Here Comes the Moon, and many others. You simply cannot go wrong with any of his albums.

I got myself a free 3-month trial of Amazon Prime Music Unlimited yesterday and listened to Cranes' Loved album. Got some nice stuff on it, some of it quite unexpected and contrary to their dreampop style. What other Amazon Music Unlimited adventures are in store for me? Been listening to my favorite jazz musician a lot too recently - Charles Mingus -along with Django Reinhardt but you can hear their stuff on regular Amazon Prime Music.

Someone shared this in the Jazz forum of Reddit this weekend ... I liked it, and discovered that the guitarist Mansur Brown was releasing a new album - well, physical release is in November, but the album 'Shiroi' is on Apple Music and Spotify now.

Hey, I already upvoted that 15 days ago :lol:

Manu Chao, son of parents who fled to France to escape Spanish dictator Franco, with Clandestino (‘illegal immigrant’):

In case any non Spanish speaking person is interested: lyrics

I prefer his works with his first band.

This song rythmed all my teenage years, it was the official sound of feria (a type of feist with a lot dance and fist fights, wine and stupid bulls flooding the streets):

Another one in english:

Also, some raï/rock:

Back
Top Bottom