Battle Brothers - ‘Beasts & Exploration’ Announced

I really need to get BB, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it although a low fantasy medieval setting isn't what I prefer.

Mercy and Hastar and right about the characters' chess pieces. They bestow a bunch of information at just a glance. The types of weapons your characters use are extremely important. With just one glance -- without zooming in or squinting or opening an inventory menu -- you can see each guy's equipment. Very useful. You see right away when your favorite guy's helmet breaks. If you've played BB, you know how important a helmet is. :)

Mercy and Hastar and right about the characters' chess pieces. They bestow a bunch of information at just a glance. The types of weapons your characters use are extremely important. With just one glance -- without zooming in or squinting or opening an inventory menu -- you can see each guy's equipment. Very useful. You see right away when your favorite guy's helmet breaks. If you've played BB, you know how important a helmet is. :)

It's the other way too.

The best way to get armour or a weapon from an enemy is to leave it undamaged.
So if you see some shiny armour on a brigand raider in the early game, you can use some daggers and nets to not damage it and increase your chance at getting it for example.

The visuals threw me for about five minutes when I first started playing this, then it all made sense. After that I was more focused on staying alive than how anything looked in the game!!

I think Wizards of the Coast should give the makers of Battle Brothers a bunch of money to update the game using 5e rules. Add a bunch of D&D monsters and magic items and classes and I may never play another game again :evilgrin:

I swear if I won the lottery I would pay millions of dollars to make that happen.

I think Wizards of the Coast should give the makers of Battle Brothers a bunch of money to update the game using 5e rules. Add a bunch of D&D monsters and magic items and classes and I may never play another game again :evilgrin:

I swear if I won the lottery I would pay millions of dollars to make that happen.

Now THAT'S a game I would play.

850 hours with multiple companies or just one?

I'm "only" at 400 hours, I feel like a noob now…

I've made about 6 different companies. I also played BB when it was in early access.

I've tried different strategies with some companies. Made one group where all the front line could use throwing weapons. Was a viking theme. One group I didn't have any shooters. Everyone had quick hands and extra bag space. Used shields and charged, than when I was in hand to hand, most my group went to two handers and pikes.

Made one group where all the front line could use throwing weapons.
Ah, I tried that as well.
Goblins are like my nemesis in that game and I wanted to give them a taste of their own medecine (nets and throwing spears). I didn't fare well with that company…
Maybe I missed something.

Throwing weapons are kinda weak, my company did not fare well either. Had to spread out stats too much on lvl up.

Back
Top Bottom