Dragon Age - Primetime Commercial Spotted

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Gamebanshee has spotted a commercial for Dragon Age during an episode of Mythbusters. They managed to dig up a commerical on facebook for the European version. I never thought that a video game would be advertised on primetime TV. I was just getting used to see WAR and WOW ads on buses and now they are putting comercials on tv for single-player rpg games.
More information.

Thanks for that post - I had missed that clip, interesting. Not sure I would consider Mythbusters prime-time, but what do I know? I threw away my TV's last spring and never looked back.

I have seen a few games advertised on tv (even in primetime) and that includes some single player rpgs like Fallout 3 and Morrowind.

I saw what it was and fast-forwarded through it as I was afraid of spoilers. I almost couldn't resist watching, though. It's unusual to see a game I want to play advertised on TV.

Thanks for that post - I had missed that clip, interesting. Not sure I would consider Mythbusters prime-time, but what do I know? I threw away my TV's last spring and never looked back.

In the report it said primetime, though I always thought Mythbusters was on in the afternoon or on Sunday. I don't live in the states anymore so I have no idea about their latest schedule.

I think it's a little cool that our little hobby is starting to become the norm. Could you imagine Bioware releasing a Baldur's Gate commerical a decade ago? :)

Actually they did have a commercial on TV for Baldur's Gate and also Baldur's Gate was on the local news when it sold 1 million copies.

The only game commercial for a single player rpg I saw more then once was for Fallout 3. I don't think the commercials were shown that many times or may have only been shown once.

Yeah I hope for Bioware's sake the game makes some money.

I remember primetime TV commercials for Descent and CoD2.. Also I think there were a lot of commercials in the early 80's for the 2600 and Intellivision games/consoles.

We get loads of adverts for games on TV here. In the past month or so I've seen adverts for Fallout 3:Game of the Year Edition, Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, WET, Uncharted 2 and lots of annoying Wii adverts.

I'm not sure, but I think EA is the almost only one trying to place ads in TV at all … At least here in Germany … I'm not sure, but I think dtp is the only company I'd say they'd try this here as well.
Just rough estimations.

I'm not sure, but I think EA is the almost only one trying to place ads in TV at all … At least here in Germany … I'm not sure, but I think dtp is the only company I'd say they'd try this here as well.
Just rough estimations.

I don't watch much TV (in fact I haven't even owned a TV until recently for the past decade or so ;) ) but just off the top of my head I know that there's been WoW commercials (Activision/Blizzard), Uncharted 2 commercials just very recently (Sony) and Anno 1404 clips (UbiSoft) with (semi-)famous German actor Sky Dumont so it's by far not just EA doing it.

Back
Top Bottom