The fall last days of Gaia

Played the german version a bit on my old machine... very mediocre, a bit like Baldur's Gate 1 Post-Apoc... thanks to the use of Starforce it doesn't even work on my new rig. I didn't even bother to change any settings to install it again.

The budget version released 6 months or so ago includes all the massive patches and comes without Starforce.

The budget version released 6 months or so ago includes all the massive patches and comes without Starforce.

I know it wasn't supposed to be that great, but I'm still disappointed that it never hit the US.

The reviews were rather positive. The 2 GB of patches improved the art and the technical stability. Now the 10 EUR budget version removed Starforce. Sounds like a good price for a non-action RPG, even if it´s only 20 hours long. The last remaining negative point is the apparently rather dry fights. KotOR with guns isn´t that spectacular.

Hm, maybe then I'll give it a try one day. I spoke to one of the devs at the Games Convention in 2004 and had a rather positive feedback. I did not know about the bugs back then.

with fall being sold in Czech at 10 euro atm i will give it a try :) i am a sucker for all ufo-based and any tactical - rpg games so ....
Right. Unless something has gone majorly wrong with The Witcher (and there is no indication of that luckily), the difference between The Fall and The Witcher (quality-wise) should be like night and day :) .
witcher is one of my favourite novels of all the time i have read all of them and am waiting impatiently for this one - no .. they cannot afford to fuck up this game .. there is such a large fanbase in poland that they would probably get hanged :)

Don´t expect tactical combat. I guess they tried to emulate Bioware´s games.

Back
Top Bottom