Nehrim

D

Deleted User

Hello everyone. I haven't been posting lately as I haven't really been playing any games and gaming as a whole has basically fell completely off my radar, but like every other time that has happened, I am starting to warm back up to RPG gaming and starting to play again.

I decided to give Nehrim a shot since I was interested in trying an RPG I haven't played before, so this thread is to discuss Nehrim (no spoilers, please!) I know there is a thread in the Oblivion sub-forum but I wanted to make a fresh thread to go along with my playing of it.

So what are your guy's thoughts on this game? I call it a game because it really feels like a standalone game so far, not a simple mod. It really is a "complete overhaul" as they say.

I'm having a lot of fun with it so far. It really is excellent. I'm just blown away that they were able to accomplish this. I'm only level 6 and just about 6 hours into it but I'm really impressed. The world has opened up some, the questing is solid, loving the graphics and atmosphere and the progression and RPG systems are very solid as well. And the quests have all been varied and interesting with interesting aspects to them.

Is this studio, SureAI I believe it's called...are they making any new games? Or do they simply make mods or what? I would love to see them continue doing stuff like this, maybe with Skyrim or even making a game themselves without using another game's art assets and stuff. But whatever the case is, I'm very grateful for what these guys have done. Excellent work!

So, thoughts/comments on Nehrim. Have you played it? Did you enjoy it? Are you thinking of trying it (go now and try it!!). Let's hear it.

Have a wonderful day!

Enderal - The Shards of Order is a total conversion mod currently in development for Bethesda Softwork's Skyrim.

Oh. My. God. My mind has just been blown. Wow. I cannot wait to see that!

If I wasn't so busy I'd be playing Nehrim more. I've only logged 8 hours or so and I'm only level 6. Hopefully I can jump into it later tonight and play for awhile.

The little I've seen so far is like a blend of Risen and Elder Scrolls. Whatever it is, it's been a lot of fun. That starter dungeon was crazy and I'm glad that the areas opened up a bit for more exploration, etc. I can see myself spending some time with this game, for sure.

I think I have a thread out there on Nehrim. I put about 45 hours into it and as you say its a standalone game. Its professional grade for the most part and a significant improvement over Oblivion in both gameplay and story telling. The landscape changes are stunning and the lore is exceptional. It defies reason that they accomplished all of it as a mod project. In short - play it!

Ah, thanks for the link. Your thread was pretty interesting to read, Todd. Glad you guys enjoyed the game as well.

I just put a handful more hours into it and it's freaking awesome so far. Like you Todd, I'm blown away by the quality of it. It's so professional and doesn't seem to have any "cut corners" or "fill in the blanks" type stuff, it's all really fleshed out and good.

Funny though, your thread is from 2011, lol. I didn't realize Nehrim was that old! Glad I got to it when I did.

Wow. This game just turned it up a level. Unreal. I am seriously blown away.

Just entered Chapter II. The story just keeps getting more and more interesting. The locations. The quests. The world interaction. The world DESIGN. Everything about this game is done so incredibly well. So blessed to be able to experience something like this. These guys completely outdid themselves with this mod! I am seriously blown away!

I would have paid $60 for this game, EASILY. I'm only 25 hours in but it's been some of the best hours I've spent with an RPG in a long time. The "new game feeling" will wear off, I'm sure, but damn, it's been one hell of a ride so far. Can't believe the twists and turns in the story. Lots of fun!

To anyone considering playing this, make sure you at least play up until Chapter 2. The story and lore starts to get VERY interesting and the overall craftsmanship that is apparent in this game will start to really make it's mark on you. They put a real twist on open-world RPG gaming. You can tell a ton of love and care went into this game. The world is so expertly hand-crafted, it's just unreal.

Okay, enough gushing and rambling. Just go play this game!

I never should have thrown out Oblivion....

Pick up a second-hand copy! It's well worth whatever you will pay for Oblivion, and you get 2 games for the price of one used one. Well worth it.

72 hours in and I completed the game hours ago, but I'm still playing! That's right, the credits have rolled and I did what I needed to do, but there is even more content that unlocks after you beat the game. And not just hum drum stuff, it's some of the most creative content I've experienced in a game like this yet! It's like an endless, SureAI "Game Jam" where everyone just came up with creative ideas and they were all implemented. Unreal.

... And not just hum drum stuff, it's some of the most creative, unbelievable content I've experienced in a game like this yet! It's like an endless, SureAI "Game Jam" where everyone just came up with creative ideas and they were all implemented. Absolutely unreal.

I totally agree. Nehrim gave me more enjoyment than Oblivion ever did, and it's a shame that SureAI hasn't quite gotten the recognition it deserves. And if their planned Skyrim mod turns out as good as this one, we're all in for a treat.

Just wanted to let everyone know that a Nehrim article and an interview with SureAI (the makers of Nehrim) about their new mod project for Skyrim, Enderal, will be coming sometime soon. Stay tuned!

Just wanted to let everyone know that a Nehrim article and an interview with SureAI (the makers of Nehrim) about their new mod project for Skyrim, Enderal, will be coming sometime soon. Stay tuned!

Cool - together with Feline Fuelled Games SureAI are the best German modders / non profit game creators.

(I would pay money for their games)

Yes, I'd heard good things about Nehrim, although I never got around to trying it.

Now if we just had a Star Wars-themed complete reboot of Fallout 3/NV… :) ;) :)

Yes, I'd heard good things about Nehrim, although I never got around to trying it.

Now if we just had a Star Wars-themed complete reboot of Fallout 3/NV… :) ;) :)
Nehrim is the mod that actually made me interested in Oblivion, I never liked the game before that. As for your Star Wars RPG like Fallout 3/NV I would buy that.:highfive:
Cool - together with Feline Fuelled Games SureAI are the best German modders / non profit game creators.

(I would pay money for their games)

I would to but you can't sell mods of any Elder Scroll games without permission from Bethesda.:)

Back
Top Bottom