Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Kickstarter Update and new Partner

I used to be, until I starting moving around a lot. I had a studio set up in my home in Maryland that had three phonographs and a huge reel-to-reel player, which I had to sell when I became disabled, simply for the cash. I miss those musical devices to this very day, you-tube helps yet it's simply not the same. There's something extremely tactile and enjoyable about handling the music yourself, I'm not sure how else to describe it.

One other advantage is that it's physically with you. No dependency to Internet, Youtube, Spotify and others.

I don't share this pleasure of handling the media, though :lol: At least not with all media. My memory of tapes is fragile devices that would either get horribly entangled, or slightly erased by nasty car stereo systems. And poor audio quality. But that's not the reel player you describe, that must be high-quality and very fun to use, I just didn't have the money for that back then.

Oh, I wouldn't say it was easy to use, that's for sure. I think I ruined a couple of reels before I understood just how delicate it all was, and the machine as well, one had to be quite careful when both setting up and removing reels. The quality of sound, however, was exceptional. I've never heard the like, unless you were at a live concert, nothing else seemed to compare, at least for me. Sadly, my hearing has drastically taken a turn for the worse over the past two years, so those days and sounds are but memories, now. If music quality and sound are something you crave, you can likely find a dealer in any large city that could demonstrate just how profoundly superior a true reel-to-reel player is, or at least was. I'm honestly not certain how it would stack up these days compared to CD's and such.

I believe you about the complexity and quality of those :)

I'm sure one argument they'd put forward is that, since it's analogue, you can use a tube-based amplifier and avoid the electron recombination noise which is inevitable in transistor-based devices. My hear is not that sensitive, never has been, so no way I could tell the difference, so I'm happy to use entirely digital system, even with audio compression ;)

Ouch. Apparently this beta 3 is one of the most bugged iterations so far :(

It's not my own observation, I haven't played it, but it comes from Purple and others that I trust. It doesn't mean they can't get it stable for September, but I'd strongly advise to wait a little bit for reviews and known opinions before jumping on it when it's released.

Well that's what Early Access is for. Get to it you beta testers.:p

Fingers crossed they fix most of those bugs before it releases.:fingerscrossed:

May Gaia bless all you wonderful testers, for all of you are braver than I. I did my tours in the eighties and nineties, I'm far too lazy nowadays to do stuff like that anymore. You are doing a great service for us all.

Ouch. Apparently this beta 3 is one of the most bugged iterations so far :(

It's not my own observation, I haven't played it, but it comes from Purple and others that I trust. It doesn't mean they can't get it stable for September, but I'd strongly advise to wait a little bit for reviews and known opinions before jumping on it when it's released.

Where is Purple posting nowadays? Is that from the Owlcat forums?

You can find most of her posts on their discord channel, and their official forum.

I still have 3 turntables and a R to R tape deck, but I wouldn't know where to buy the tapes anymore. Haven't used it in years!! :(

Gosh Corwin, you truly must be a brother from another mother for me. We even had the same number of turntables!!~

And yeah, I'd be clueless as to where to buy reels nowadays. I knew a couple of hidden shops in Annapolis and Baltimore back in the day, yet I'd be amazed if they are still around now. Oh and a really nice boutique shop, right outside the Glen Burnie mall, which I also seriously doubt is still around.

Oh, and if someone would be kind enough, please invite Purple back to grace us with her presence. It hurts when we lose an actual contributor.

And it really feels incredibly spiffy when they return home!

Where is Purple posting nowadays? Is that from the Owlcat forums?
As Couch said, though I think she's mostly on Discord, I haven't seen posts from her on their forums for a while but it's possible. She's a lot into Valheim atm, less in forums :)

Oh, and if someone would be kind enough, please invite Purple back to grace us with her presence. It hurts when we lose an actual contributor.

And it really feels incredibly spiffy when they return home!
Yeah, it would be nice. Who knows, maybe one day she'll come back. :)

She found the negative responses too draining for her at the moment. Maybe she'll be back when covid is more. In the back of people's mind.
Partial true she couldn't accept that members had other opinions about this game. I'm sorry she left but not everybody is going to love the game you do on the internet.:)

I can certainly understand the choice to leave, as we seem to have a few people here that simply delight in bullying others. The ignore option is a wonderful thing, something I try to remind folks about, often.

She's a big fan of Owlcat Games, sure, but IMO she gave a fair opinion of the good and bad things.

I understand people have different opinions and it's good to discuss them, but I've seen some of the comments in different threads she started, and I completely agree with her that it wasn't just opinions but plain bashing or inappropriate remarks.

When someone takes the trouble of reporting bits of news to inform people or writing reviews and previews, it hurts to see such insensitive reactions that don't even open the discussion, like "Very biased preview, which doesn't add a lot of value to me.", especially if it's not true. I mean, if that added no value for that person, why did she bother to write that comment at all, if not as an open attack? Or why not make a suggestion, at least, like "you should write this and that"?

I know that's what we see in forums like Steam or sites like reddit. But at the risk of sounding idealistic or naïve, I'd say that I was surprised to see that here. I also felt there was unnecessary negativity but it's harder and painful to discuss, so I'll just leave that as subjective. We just have each our own personality and we perceive remarks differently.

Some people are just more sensitive than others, and if they feel they don't fit somewhere anymore, they leave.

Back
Top Bottom