|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underworld Ascendant - New Trailer

Default Underworld Ascendant - New Trailer

April 15th, 2018, 10:44
As shared by 'you' a new trailer for Underworld Ascendant has been released.

loading…

Discover The Stygian Abyss! Underworld Ascendant’s newly released trailer gives fans a deeper look into the game’s deadly environment, featuring panoramic shots of dungeon-esque surroundings and bubbling magma – not to mention varying weapons and skill sets players will have at their disposal to cleverly best lurking creatures and overcome physics-based traps. Featuring in-game character, enigmatic advisor Cabirus (Stephen Russell - Thief) and the voice of rogish ally Aelita (Fryda Wolff - XCOM 2, Fallout 4) – it shows off unique gameplay in the highly interactive dungeon, The Stygian Abyss. Coming to Steam 2018

[…]
More information.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

April 15th, 2018, 14:32
Looks to be shaping up! I backed this because I have met some of the great devs that are making this game. When Warren joined up,I figured it’s a no-brainer: the game should have some fantastic touches. Cool to see the Thief-like torch system in place. Hopefully it ends up being the deep, intriguing, fulfilling, and fun game everyone wants to see.

Michael Dean

Watchdog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
+1:

April 15th, 2018, 19:04
Trailer looks good. Hope it plays like the original games.

Saxon1974

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 15th, 2018, 20:01
This is horrible. Not even a spark of enthusiasm sprung while I watch-skipped the video, where nothing is screaming at me to buy-buy-buy!

mercy

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

April 15th, 2018, 23:21
Originally Posted by Saxon1974 View Post
Trailer looks good. Hope it plays like the original games.
Not me. I hope it plays like an RPG should play in the 21st century.
--
Nom Es Memoria.

Void000

+1:

April 15th, 2018, 23:42
It looks like a modern blend of UU and Thief. This might be my most anticipated game for 2018.

JDR13

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

April 16th, 2018, 01:38
I'm with mercy here. There was absolutely nothing in that presentation I'd yell gimme gimme.
But it's just a trailer. Bad made in my opinion trailer doesn't mean the actual game will suck.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

April 16th, 2018, 04:28
It is all great, I fully expect this game to be excellent. Sounds like there will be a huge selection of weapons and I'm really looking forward to trying a bunch out and smashing all the critters.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

April 16th, 2018, 16:18
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
It is all great, I fully expect this game to be excellent. Sounds like there will be a huge selection of weapons and I'm really looking forward to trying a bunch out and smashing all the critters.
You might be looking for the wrong game. The devs are talking about winning without killing anything, and so forth.
--
Nom Es Memoria.

Void000

April 16th, 2018, 16:22
Oh, I don't know how anyone else will play the game, but I will be slaughtering stuff from the beginning to the finale. My axe/sword is my method of diplomacy!

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2018, 20:01
We like to build games where you don't HAVE to bash everything in order to proceed, but if you're the kind of player who enjoys combat, a variety of weapons, and crazy wushu movement options to help you get the drop on enemies… we built for that too

We'll be able to share more features once the game is further along… we're still in Alpha, so there's a lot more to fix, expand, and fine tune.

OSE_Sam

OtherSide Entertainment

April 23rd, 2018, 20:16
Looks good. I'd think it would be quite a challenge, though, to design the game such that radically different play styles are viable and satisfying. It's been done, but not too often.
--
"Orwell was almost exactly wrong in a strange way. He thought the world would end with Big Brother watching us, but it ended with us watching Big Brother." Alan Moore

Ripper

Ngikufisela iwela

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

April 23rd, 2018, 20:34
Originally Posted by OSE_Sam View Post
We like to build games where you don't HAVE to bash everything in order to proceed, but if you're the kind of player who enjoys combat, a variety of weapons, and crazy wushu movement options to help you get the drop on enemies… we built for that too
Thats good. But I think that more players are little worried about the design of the whole world, its cohesiveness and immersion, the NPCs, dialogues, quests and also character system… that is something we didnt see so far.

Farflame

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

April 25th, 2018, 21:59
Originally Posted by Farflame View Post
Thats good. But I think that more players are little worried about the design of the whole world, its cohesiveness and immersion, the NPCs, dialogues, quests and also character system… that is something we didnt see so far.
That's fair. We've been able to show the most polished parts of the game so far (the physics and mechanics system is chewing up most of our attention and production time because of how much our game hinges on making gameplay feel good), but we're looking to devote trailers to the narrative and quest systems soon!

OSE_Sam

OtherSide Entertainment

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Underworld Ascendant - New Trailer