The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

You might want to reconsider not ETR'ing Klubbir. The epic past life feats work in heroics, not just epics, and some are quite nice. You could simply ETR him, then immediately TR him. No need to run him back up to 28.

On a different note, someone started a thread looking for advice on how to create the most gimped toon. It's pretty funny. Link below:

"Wanting a Challenge - Someone help me design the most gimped 28-point build"

I wouldn't mind alternating Heroics and Epics. We can simply discuss it each week here to get a semi-consensus of what level range to run beforehand.

As far as my characters go, Mirys is staying at cap, at least for some time. While I want to TR her, having a Druid is simply too valuable for the group as we've seen (EQ). Mureall is ready to TR, but no ETR. She would have to cap out one more ED in Martial, and I have little interest in staying up there long enough to do so.

Alternately. I also have Pump in a semi-state of capability, and Aneira's new outlook on bashing things' heads in with a stick could add some variety, though she's comparitively poorly geared. Both would need help to get up to speed gear-wise, since my luck on the AH lately has been poor. Pump should be able to handle traps well enough, though Aneira may struggle depending on the level of the content.

I got Phuury to 20 today, so we'll have an epic druid running around if I don't bring him around. I think I can make that happen.

My level 24 is a Druid, so we now have 3 Epic Druids available; that should be plenty. Where's an epic Barbarian when you need one Mr Pointy-Stick??!! :)

Yeah, but our Druids are spread across the Commoner levels, so I'll still leave Mirys up for a time. At least until I have a 27/28 to replace her. Her next life will be a Vanguard build.

I still haven't found a Monk build I'm happy with. I may do something unexpected with Mureall.

I don't know that we've really answered my question. Right now we've got the "Friday Epics" which is a specific toon for each of us that is staying in lockstep with the group (I know several aren't in lockstep anymore and a couple aren't even using that specific toon consistently, but go with it) and the "Friday Alts" which is a toon each of us has that take their levels at the same time but are otherwise free to do whatever. Let's call them A and B. I see several options here:
1) A stays epic but becomes the alts, B becomes the Friday mains
2) A does a TR but becomes the alts, B becomes the Friday mains
3) A does a TR and stays the mains, B remains the backup group
4) A gets retired as a group, B becomes the mains, everyone maintains some sort of epic toon that can party up as Friday alts.

I also understand that several of us (including me) wish to plug different toons into group A if that group goes forward in some fashion, but we really need to pick a direction before we can determine how to make that happen. For clarity (or maybe to confuse things even more), here's how I react to each plan:
1- I run RhoGu (12) on Fridays unless we've got MIA's, then I run Klubbir (27)
2- I run RhoGu (12) on Fridays unless we've got MIA's, then I run Shadohe (5, subbing for Klubbir's TR)
3- I run Shadohe (5, subbing for Klubbir's TR) on Fridays unless we've got MIA's, then I run RhoGu (12)
4- I run RhoGu (12) on Fridays unless we've got MIA's, then I run Phuury (my only epic not named Klubbir). Klubbir becomes a "for me" toon.

I know we probably won't pull the trigger on the decision immediately regardless, but the direction we choose dictates whether my next TR would be Klubbir or Phuury and I'd like to know that piece of the puzzle fairly soon.

For me, I will be leaving Mirys at cap for the time being. Mureall is due for a more capable build, even if unarmed monk isn't the technically best now. As of now, I am literally 6 quests away from ETRing Mureall, at which time she'll be ready to TR.

Build wise, I'm still torn between a Wolf-sploiter, some unholy abomination involving Ranger levels, or some unholy abomination involving Paladin or Fighter levels. Needless to say, the build will be some unholy abomination. I intend to remain unarmed because she's geared out to level 24 for it.

I think the theory is some of us either TRing our current mains or plugging in another character depending on desires/insane ramblings. We begine to alternate between the current/future TR group, and a second, likely "epic" group every other week, with the current alts being brought in same as now. Or we switch between the two low-level groups until the next TR cycle, whenever it hits, at which point I'll bring Mirys around as a Vanguard.

In my case, Mirys remains at cap, until the next TR wave. Mureall replaces her in group A as the TR (depending on how much I play Pillars tomorrow and Friday, maybe before-hand). The difference between your '3' is that instead of one main group, we switch between two, every week or other week depending.

Of course, I could change my mind, since Mirys only lacks the capability to ETR (not sure where I am on karma, but I think I'm almost there for the Arcane sphere). In which case, we'll have either a Fighter or Paladin Vanguard (probably Paladin pure). I already have most gear, just need shields.

Also, we sacrifice a goat. Or a Honda Civic. Whichever.

The way I have understood it is that we should have the following.
1. A toon or more at epic close to level 28. This or these toons can run the new stuff coming out like Temple of Elemental Evil, Epic Vale and Epic Shavarath

2. Keep the level 12 toon with the group so we have a mid level toon to play with

3. TR a toon (either from 20, 28 or wherever you have one). Or hold a low level toon so we can create a new TR group. This hasn't happened yet.

When it's done we should have 3 playing groups everybody can play in:
1. Low level (starting from Korthos). This will become the new main group.
2. Mid level (12 at the moment) moving up the levels together
3. Epic (24-28 range) for new high level content + raids.

2-3 are in place and 1 will be once everybody have had a chance to TR a toon or hold a toon in the level 1-6 range for us to catch up.

The plan is to alternate between these 3 groups depending upon who shows up. Epics can easily be run if we have regular guildies missing. With this plan our guild friends have a chance to create / TR new toons to join the next main group train.

My toons have the following levels at the moment.

1. Peters
TWF level 28 paladin. He will be the toon I will TR into the next main playing group. He is not ready yet. He needs 1 more Deathwyrm and 10 more Mark of Death to be ready to TR. I guess it will take awhile for the new TR group to be ready so he might even taste Temple of Elemental Evil before TR'ing. He will TR into a paladin so he will occupy one of the melee slots we need in the new main group.

2. KarlPeter
THF level 28 paladin. He will remain epic. He might ETR a couple of times after Peters have TR'ed. He can be played with the epic group if a melee is needed.

3. Petresus
Level 27 monk. He will remain at epic and can play at any time with the epic group if needed.

4. Pitrelon
Level 28 artificer. He's ready to ETR and will stay with the epics. If we need a team for level 18-24 he can ETR and join that group. Otherwise he can do high level epics if we need a trapper

5. Peterp
Level 27 cleric. Will probably ETR a few times, but not TR. Can play with the epic group if we need a divine.

6. Rolf Peter
Level 12 cleric. Locked with the mid level guild group

What this means is that I can join with any of my epics in our epic runs. It doesn't have to be one particular toon. I pick the toon we need the most to fill holes.

Last edited:
Epics behave a bit differently from heroics. At heroics it's good to lock a toon to a group. We have so many third lifers we want the elite bravery bonus.

On epics we run epic hard most of the time so no more concern for elite bravery bonus. The level difference is extended from 2 above normal to 4 above normal and still bravery bonus if you really want it.

So we really don't need to hold a toon just for our Friday runs. You can run the toon to fill epic destinies, ETR and start over filling more destinies if you like. The toon can still be playable in quests we do.

I think it's probably good for all guildies to have at least one toon in the 20-24 range and another in the 25-28 range. This means we can easily run any epic quest without some toons feeling too weak for the quest. A level 25 toon can easily run a level 28 quest if built properly. A level 20 might be a bit too low in e. g. Haunted Halls.

The reason I set 20-24 and 25-28 is that it allows for people to ETR and play up the levels again.

The toons you have in the different areas don't have to be the same all the time. If you feel like ETR'ing your level 28 toon then you just go ahead and do that. Just make sure you have a level 25+ that can take his/her slot when we do high level quests.

Since we have our guild friends joining us regularly it's less likely we end up having holes in our groups (no trapper, no melee, no divine etc.). So we could create toons we WANT to play and not what the group needs. Chance is that we will have the bases covered without controlling which classes to pick.

Pocket trappers and pocket healers seem to work pretty well on heroic levels. At least up to level 16+.

They even work well on epic normal or epic hard. On epic elite they don't perform well. Trappers can't spot the traps and healers die regularly. So they are a waste of time to summon in epic elite. In raids we can't use them.

Anyone else care to weigh in?

I've got no problem with that general plan, although I'm not sure everyone will be on board with tying up 3 toons to the group.

BTW, we're still running Restless Isles this week, ninnies. :cm:

As I said earlier, I have NO toon ready to TR. I do have a mid-low toon (7-8) I think, but nothing else suitable. Since I rarely play during the week having 3 groups available is no problem for me. :)

I also have no one ready to TR at this point, and am not sure I want to tie up 3 toons. I'm fine with an "A" and a "B" group. If we want to make the 12's the "A" group, that's fine with me, but I'd also like to run the epics on a regular basis. I like the idea of alternating them.

On a different note: For all you trappers out there who are tired of losing inventory space to thieves tools, this is from the latest Lamannia release notes for U25, which will probably be live on Monday:

• Thieve's Tools now stack up to one thousand in a stack.

It's not about having to tie up 3 toons to just guild play. As I said you could run anyone on epics when we run there. It's the ones we have at heroic levels we need to keep together. Maybe not as strict as now, but they should be fairly close together. Some don't run XP potions or tomes so they need all the XP they can get to keep up with the others.

So we can alternate epic toons we play with when we decide to do epic quests. All we need to ensure is that we have SOMEONE at epic so we have a chance to run such quests. This is what we have done lately without any problems getting the quests we want done.

My point was that it would be fine to have 3 different level areas to pick from when we decide what to play. Epic, mid / high level, low / mid level. As far as I can tell most people have toons at epic level and the level 12 group. What we don't have yet is the next TR group. So far we have not set a date for when that will happen. It could be months before it happens.

Update 25 will be out tomorrow. These changes to feats should improve fighters and some other classes a bit:

NEW: Various weapon feats have been adjusted to grant Melee and/or Ranged Power:
•Improved Shield Bash no longer grants Melee Power.
•Shield Mastery now grants 1 Melee Power.
•Improved Shield Mastery now grants 1 Melee Power.
•Single Weapon Fighting now grants 1 Melee Power.
•Improved Single Weapon Fighting now grants 1 Melee Power.
•Greater Single Weapon Fighting now grants 2 Melee Power.
•Two Handed Fighting now grants 1 Melee Power.
•Improved Two Handed Fighting now grants 1 Melee Power.
•Greater Two Handed Fighting now grants 2 Melee Power.
•Two Weapon Fighting now grants 1 Melee Power.
•Improved Two Weapon Fighting now grants 1 Melee Power.
•Greater Two Weapon Fighting now grants 2 Melee Power.
•Weapon Focus now grants 2 Melee or Ranged Power (depending on the weapon equipped.)
•Greater Weapon Focus now grants 2 Melee or Ranged Power.
•Superior Weapon Focus now grants 2 Melee or Ranged Power.
•Weapon Specialization now grants 2 Melee or Ranged Power.
•Greater Weapon Specialization now grants 2 Melee or Ranged Power.
•Shot on the Run now grants 3 Ranged Power

Servers down still/again?

Yes. Turbine are having problems and expect the entire night (US time) before the servers are up again. The initial upgrade had validation issues so they had to get back to start and try to do the upgrade again.

Some changes done prevent them from rolling back to U24 so they are stuck with downtime until the issues are fixed.

Back
Top Bottom