Witcher 3 - Becomes Switched

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We usually don't do console games, but as it is about The Witcher 3, here is and exception: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition is available on Nintendo Switch.

Nintendo Switch announced! Watch new trailer and video

CD PROJEKT RED announces that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition for Nintendo Switch will launch digitally and in retail on October 15th, 2019.

In addition to the new trailer, the studio has also released a gameplay overview video, offering an extended look at the Nintendo Switch version of The Witcher 3. Playing the game are CD PROJEKT RED's Community Manager Paweł Burza and Paweł Sasko, Senior Quest Designer on Wild Hunt and Lead Quest Designer on the Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine expansions.

Gamers visiting this year's gamescom, taking place from Tuesday, August 20th through Saturday, August 24th in Cologne, Germany, will be able to check out the title in person. The game will be playable at the Nintendo booth, located in Hall 9 of the entertainment area.
I saw it at Gamescom, but didn't play it. Here is the gameplay video:

And for completeness, here is the release date announcement video:

More information.

I'm actually a little surprised that Nintendo would allow an adult game like this on their platform. It was weird when they let Bayonetta 2 on, too.

I'm actually a little surprised that Nintendo would allow an adult game like this on their platform. It was weird when they let Bayonetta 2 on, too.

I'm more surprised that they were able to get it to run on that hardware. It's at a noticeably lower resolution though.

If they get this game on the Switch fully, with no major hassles, I'll be impressed. I really didn't think the console was capable of running something like Witcher the third.

Targeting 30fps @ 540p mobile, 720p docked. No chance I’d play it.

I have no interest in the switch anyway, not a fan of Nintendo exclusives and I’d never want to play multi platform games on such a weak system.

Also I’ve tried several times and i just cant game on the go.

Nintendo Switch has already quite wide game base, including multiplatforms. Prejudice that Ninty is currently only for kids is on same level like prejudice about video games being for kids in general.

Witcher I played on PC and as per my opinion it doesnt offer much asside of the story and nice visuals. Switch brings portability to the table for sake of lower visuals. Personally not interested in the tradeoff, but this clearly is not only point of view in existence:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._3_on_nintendo_switch_and_its_a_work_of_magic

I personally started gameplay of Witcher 3 several times but never managed to finish it as gameplay mechanics started to bore me, sooner or later. Releasing it on Switch will not make it better game for me, so no, thank you.

Sad to hear you didn't like it, but then again I can't stand rap and it ruins movies and series for me, so I'm not judging.

Blurry TW3 to me is no, thankyou. But again, that's my taste. Some people, especially Ubisoft developers, adore 30FPS "cinematic experience" and motion blur. I don't.

I really did enjoy my Switch for the two years that I had it, but given a choice between using that or my computer, it was no contest, the pc won every time. I'm just not on the go enough to warrant a portable console system, so I passed it on to family members that can more enjoy it.

The Switch has greatly exceeded my expectations and is easily the best handheld gaming system ever made. Of course it isn’t a PC-competitive system by any stretch in terms of hardware or controls, but that really isn’t the point, is it?

I’m currently working my way (again) through Pillars of Eternity on Switch, and it is a wonderful port in terms of ... well, everything. From what I hear it is actually a better experience than the console versions.

This after finishing Wolfenstein Youngblood (crap), Doom 3 BFG (better every time!), Red Faction Guerrilla (still *so* 2009!), and playing a bunch of Skyrim and Diablo III and Wolfenstein II: New Colossus.

For me, The Witcher 3 will be an insta-buy on Switch, and I really look forward to my first re-play of the game since initial release. Yes it is lower resolution ... but I really don’t care!

Also in queue for Fall release on Switch is Trine 1-3 as well as the new Trine 4 (will get so long as it is cheap enough), Torchlight II (same), Pillars of Eternity II, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom