Risen .exe file deleting itself?

itsaduck

Traveler
hey guys, i signed up basicaly to see if you could help:p cause you all seem to know alot baout risen:D , i just bought risen from amazon after seeing some youtube vids and reading peoples comments on various forums and it came today and i thought "great!" but no...:(

When i load the game up , i can get to the main menu and after 5 - 10 seconds it crashes to desktop and it seems that the .exe has disapeared?!.

I have reinstaled lots of times and each time it does the same thing, how do i stop it deleting itself!

oh im on windows 7, does that have anything to do with it?

It's definitely nothing to do with Win 7. It sounds to me like you have a virus or trojan on your rig. The game itself certainly couldn't/wouldn't delete its own .exe file. I run it on Win 7 as do others, so check what else you have on your system; it's not the game causing a problem, assuming it's a new unopened version.

I've had anti-virus software falsely detect game executables as virus and then removing it. You should get some kind of warning.

Welcome to RPGWatch!

As the others already mentioned, the chance that this strange behavior is caused by the game is close to zero. One of the several 100k players would have run into it by now.

My guess is also a virus scanner deleting the "infected" file. Under that assumption you should find out (1) if the scanner is right and your PC is really infected and (2) how to disable auto-delete and switch to confirmed-delete.

The Anti-Virus-program called "Bitdefender" once deleted the .exe files of my Ishar Trilogy installation.

The support told me I should send the games to them for investigation, which I declined, because this would have been illegally copying copyrighted material.

Well that was easy after all. All I did was rename the "risen.exe" as "wisene.exe"
and my antivirus stopped deleting it. Been playing for a few days now no probs.
cheers guys.

Back
Top Bottom