Unsung Story - Update: Classes and More Screens

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Defined classes? This week's update from Playdek tells us all about the five major class categories that Unsung Story will feature. There's some colorful new teaser pictures of environments, too!

With the Battle System rules defined, our game designers have been able to turn their focus towards defining the schools that will help characterize the different playable Job Classes found within the game. Previously called “Professions” in early development, these Schools have been broken down into five categories: War, Nature, Divine, Man, and Arcane.

• Units within the School of War specialize in the use of martial weapons and skills. Soldiers and Lancers are examples of two Jobs found within this school.
  • The School of Nature revolves around the use of weapons and skills that pertain to living alongside nature. Huntsmen and Beastmasters are just two Jobs found within this School.
  • The School of the Divine promotes the use of powers imparted from higher beings which manifest as Miracles or Hexes. Priests and Necromancers are two Jobs that emerge from this School.
  • The School of Man highlights the perfection, ingenuity, and vices of man. Incidentally, Apothecaries and Assassins are two Jobs found here.
  • The last School, the Arcane School, uses magic instead of physical means to overcome obstacles. Here you will find Jobs such as Wizards and Summoners associated to this School.
Other factors that will impact your playable units will be their Lineage (which will be discussed at a later time) and the Unit’s attributes. The starting attributes assigned to each Unit will be determined by their chosen School at the time of creation. The six attributes assigned to the Units include Vitality, Strength, Dexterity/Agility, Intelligence/Mind, Faith/Piety, and Charisma.

• Vitality governs a Unit's Hit Points and movement.
  • Strength governs the Attack Power of a Unit and improves and Unit's Hit Points.
  • Dexterity/Agility governs a Unit's base chance to hit, perform critical strikes, and dodge attacks.
  • Intelligence/Mind governs a Unit's Mana Pool, the strength of INT based equipment and spells, as well as the number of spells, miracles and/or hexes a Unit can equip.
  • Faith/Piety governs the strength of Faith based equipment and Miracles as well as mana regen.
  • Charisma governs a Unit's ability to influence, lead, and raise the morale of men as well as beasts. While each Unit will receive starting attributes at creation, you will be able to change these attribute values through leveling.
More information.

More information.

Thanks for the posting the new update Aubrielle. I'm glad the developers took the suggestions on the backer forum to update the kickstarter page more.=)

Here are three new images from the current playable demo.

Attachments

• b89ee8814b81f86c65151f85e88dc1e8_large.jpg
    b89ee8814b81f86c65151f85e88dc1e8_large.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 0b531fb77b6054023d121d6c2cb90490_large.jpg
    0b531fb77b6054023d121d6c2cb90490_large.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 31
  • e126e3c7f04c64cf05c1f73df126d1bd_large.jpg
    e126e3c7f04c64cf05c1f73df126d1bd_large.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 30
Thanks to you both! Glad to see a little more info coming out.

But...those images...as a graphics artist in 2015, those images made me cringe. The models and textures and fake lighting. I'm so sorry for being harsh...but that mesh render looks like they are developing it for a PS2 or mobile device from 2008. The contrast between the concept art by one of the greatest 2D artists of all time and the actual pipeline art by the real developers is astounding.

This is the last time I will be honest about Unsung Story. From now on I'll simply blindly hope it is good. Emphasis on blindly.

Well they were careful to say "work in progress", but I feel you. Playdek tells us that these are only the very earliest of early passes, and I hope that they're gonna put a lot more work in. I think they will. I'm still hopeful. :)

Thanks to you both! Glad to see a little more info coming out.

But…those images…as a graphics artist in 2015, those images made me cringe. The models and textures and fake lighting. I'm so sorry for being harsh…but that mesh render looks like they are developing it for a PS2 or mobile device from 2008. The contrast between the concept art by one of the greatest 2D artists of all time and the actual pipeline art by the real developers is astounding.

This is the last time I will be honest about Unsung Story. From now on I'll simply blindly hope it is good. Emphasis on blindly.

Are you the Brumbek that made the Static Mesh Improvement mod for Skyrim? If so, thanks for the great work!

This doesn't look good at all, these guys have basically spent months with zero updates and look like they have no clue whatsoever of what they are doing. They also come from a mobile background and have no experience in making such a strategy game. I understand why in the campaign Matsuno was trying to distance himself from this project.

Well they were careful to say "work in progress", but I feel you. Playdek tells us that these are only the very earliest of early passes, and I hope that they're gonna put a lot more work in. I think they will. I'm still hopeful. :)

I said I would ignore reality from now on, so I will refrain from saying it isn't wise for developers to release early WiP shots that do more to damage their product than sell it. I'm not going to say that. ;)

Are you the Brumbek that made the Static Mesh Improvement mod for Skyrim? If so, thanks for the great work!

I am. Thanks Ripper. I wish I had more time to work on free modding stuff.

Anyway, as I've said before, I will simply continue playing Tactics Ogre on PSP. I've nearly recruited all characters now. I love so much how you can go replay the story over and over and keep everything. A brilliant system no other game has copied.

Back
Top Bottom