Phantom Doctrine - Patch 1.0.8 and Scare Tactics DLC

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted patch 1.08 and the Scare Tactics DLC for Phantom Doctrine:

Patch 1.0.8 & Scare Tactics DLC go live

We are back with another set of updates and additions to mark the upcoming Halloween season! You may find the detailed description of all the improvements and changes below. As always, we want to thank you for your ongoing support, suggestions, conspiracy theories and being a community any Developer would envy.

Get into the spirit of the season and bolster your agency with Spooky Spooks and Pumpkin Spies!

• New, Halloween-themed character customization options: new hair and eye colors, face painting and unique.. headgear
  • For a short time Halloween-themed models and textures will appear throughout the tactical levels so keep an eye out!

Improvements:

• A pack of new character customization options has been added: headgear, clothes and accessories
  • Two brand new multiplayer maps: Unit ‘Theta’ and Safehouse
  • The Loadout Screen now has buttons to strip non-participating Operatives of their gear, deselect the tactical team and clear the Support section, all for a more streamlined experience
  • Added new warning pop-ups after selecting “Restart”, “Exit to main menu” or “Exit to desktop” from the pause menu
  • Exiting from an active multiplayer game requires confirmation
  • Selected multiplayer maps are now visualized in the lobby
  • Unlocking of Body Engineering compounds has been tweaked and improved to facilitate access to early game unlocks later on
  • Items obtainable early in the campaign are now more readily available in late game
  • The “Actor” perk can now be switched in the main menu to work the way it used to post-launch (disregarding the enemy Agents field of view)
  • The pop-up window in strategic gameplay about new secrets can now accommodate up to 4 lines of text
  • The list of aliases used in Secret Files has been significantly expanded
  • Technologies unlocked by campaign progress now have a ‘New’ marker visible
  • Formatting of descriptions for Technologies in the Workshop has been improved
  • The delay before arrival of reinforcements has been corrected at the beginning of the KGB campaign
  • Buttons on world map pop-ups have been adjusted to match the text size for their corresponding choices
  • Navigational buttons in the multiplayer session setup screen have been improved
  • The ambient sound in hideout facilities has been adjusted
  • Health bar in action camera view has been repositioned
  • Placement of targets behind high cover during incoming fire has been improved
  • Line of fire in full auto mode to targets behind cover on higher floors has been tweaked
  • Improved wind sway animations for potted plants
  • Improved movement and idle animations for female Operatives
  • Idle animations improved for civilians standing by tables
  • Use animation for Heartbeat Sensor
  • Miscellaneous animation and model improvements for the character customization process
  • Multiple minor localization tweaks and fixes

Bugfixes:

• Eliminated a potential blocker in chapter 6. of the campaign
  • Solving two secret files at once no longer causes any issues
  • Reassigning agents between jobs using key bindings will no longer causes rare issues with progression
  • Miscelanneous fixes and stability improvement
  • Vancouver’s icon will no longer be obscured by UI text
  • Infirmary can now correctly be fully upgraded
  • Buttons now display correct states on side story pop-ups in the world map
  • Deployment zones can no longer be switched using the pause keyboard shortcut
  • A character’s make-up will now be correctly visible on all screens
  • The game can no longer be saved in the deployment phase
  • Controller inputs will no longer be registered on game loading screens
  • Improved descriptions for “Respiratory” and “Sensory” Operative stats
  • Improved and clarified descriptions for tooltips on the Loading Screen
  • The number of secrets to be found will now correctly decrease when an enemy
  • Miscellaneous improvements to tooltips, labels and descriptions
  • Clothes will now fit agents of all body types correctly
  • Agent portraits repositioned in the location window to correct a minor issue in English and French versions
  • Miscellaneous improvements and fixes for graphics and displays

More information.

I did for a while, but got somewhat bored.
Didn't finish it yet and I don't know if I will.

It's a good game, but certainly not as addictive as XCOM or Jagged Alliance.

Impressions? Expected this to be more popular here, among that-damn-arthritis-can't play-action-games club? :lol:
How does it compare next to Shadow Tactics? ( which I adore)

PD is turn-based so it's difficult to compare the two games.

I'd say that Shadow Tactics gameplay and mechanics are way sharper and efficient, but the game is a little less original.

Last edited:
Played it when it first came out and finished it. It started good but got old (still finished it). Might replay it in a year or so when all the patches are finished. I liked the idea but as a stealth xcom the gameplay becomes more limited and repetitious (because stealth is more or less doing the same thing).

Anyone playing this?

Impressions? Expected this to be more popular here, among that-damn-arthritis-can't play-action-games club? :lol:

Tried it out. Expected XCOM battles. The tutorial strangely centered me around a mysterious "BREACH". WTH is a breach??! Turns out your soldiers surround a room more or less XCOM-style and you get ready, press a button and there is a SWAT-style
- BREACH!
Meaning you loose control over the battle, which quickly plays out in MTHRFKN REALTIME - which is a sacrilege to XCOM fans - and the entire combat ends in 2-3 seconds. WHHAAAAAT TTTHEE FFKK????!

Oookay. Instant Uninstall. REFUND

A v o i d w a r e

This fellow has no idea what he is talking about. I mean either he completely misunderstood the optional Breach mechanic or he confused animations with real-time. But whatever.

Tried it out. Expected XCOM battles. The tutorial strangely centered me around a mysterious "BREACH". WTH is a breach??! Turns out your soldiers surround a room more or less XCOM-style and you get ready, press a button and there is a SWAT-style
- BREACH!
Meaning you loose control over the battle, which quickly plays out in MTHRFKN REALTIME - which is a sacrilege to XCOM fans - and the entire combat ends in 2-3 seconds. WHHAAAAAT TTTHEE FFKK????!

Oookay. Instant Uninstall. REFUND

A v o i d w a r e

Back
Top Bottom