The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Are we doing Cerulian, or is that once again to be for catch up?

Are we doing Cerulian, or is that once again to be for catch up?
Catchup. Since you're traditionally lagging due to not being VIP, feel free to hit that map and get ahead a bit if the mood strikes you.

I'm currently working together with the support on the question why I just don't get sent any e-mails when I use the "password forgotten" function. Right now, Support siggested that my e-mail provider filters that out even BEFORE their spam filter is going to look at mails.

Since I don't have any other e-mail provider apart from my current one (GMX), I don't have much of a choice, right now.

The support of my e-mail provider has only telefone support - a thing which I detest, because I vastly prefer writing. It's just the way I am.

I'm not sure whether this will work out.

Okay, I'll never know what had happened, but as soon as I provided support with another e-mail adress of mine, everything worked again. Everything was fine again.

Thank you. :)

I'll need several days to get back, and SWTOR is still my primary game.

Right now I'm downloading the hi-res textures, or how they are called.

Sorry for the short notice, but I'm out tonight. Taking one the wild dogs back to school early. If everyone else shows, run catacombs. I can catch that up.

Perhaps you'll see my name online, since I'm still in the guild. Most of my characters have their names ending with "-adaram".

I'm still figuring out how everything was. I've been visiti ng the Festivult Jester (my, memories !) but I didn't have any luck with chests so far. I didn't get any of those coins yet.

I think in my memory I had my own chest with items, but I don't remember anymore whether this is true or just a "fake memory". I did find my own bank items, though. Through the banker on the guild ship.

The guild ship looks really great ! Really beautiful !

SWTOR has guild ships since sime time as well, plus the ability to place decorations there. My guess is that "guild ships" and the idea of decorations just traveld round in the world of MMOs at one point.

I'll still be more often in my SWTOR guild, especially since is is the second time in ages we might be able to conquer a whole planet. This is a system in which tasks must be performed through guild members in order to reach a certain amount of points, and if one guild stays at the top of that list of conqueroring guilds, then the planet (or sometimes zone) kind of "belongs" to that guild. Which gives guild members buffs while being on that planet.

I've had to re-install Team Speak and I have no idea how to set up a Bookmark, what the name of the server is or what the PW for it is either. Help Please!! :)

Thank you CM for the assistance in getting TS up and running.

Last edited:
Code:
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a quick heads up on a new martial feat that we’re introducing in the upcoming anniversary patch. It’s called…

…………

Knight’s Training:

Description: You have undergone rigorous military training with the traditional weapons of war. These weapons receive one of the following morale bonuses in your hands.

• Longsword critical multiplier is increased by 1
• Battle Axes critical threat range is increased by 1. Increased by 2 if you have slashing improved critical
• Heavy Maces, Morning Stars & War Hammers critical threat range is increased by 1

Requires: +4 BAB
Martial Feat (Fighter bonus feats can be used to take this)

……………

A quick faq on this new feat:

1. Why make this feat? We want players to have more options for their melee DPS builds, so we are equalizing some weapons to be at least closer, if not equal to, the power of the Khopesh. Due to the way crit bonuses become rather great by epic levels, the Khopesh’s superior crit numbers can make it mathematically the only one-handed choice for many builds, and we prefer a more diverse weapon choice for players seeking top DPS

2. What about OTHER weapons? Depending on how this feat goes we will likely introduce other feats or enhancements that handle other sets of weapons. Certain weapons just might not have the itemization pool to really be viable yet, so some weapons will come slower than others.

3. Morale Bonus? Will that stack? Morale bonus has never been used with crit threat or mod before, so it will stack with everything currently in the game. This is more a consideration for effects down the road.

4. Hey Maces/Hammers/etc aren’t equal (unless I go Aasimar Maces) Because bludgeon DR is probably the most common DR due to skeletons we’ve kept maces a little lower for now.

-Torc

Essentially, Longswords, Battle Axes, Maces, Morning Stars, and War Hammers will be upgraded to comparable strength to the Khopesh (Maces and Morning Stars a little less so than the others). The +4 BAB requirements are low enough that even a pure Cleric or other 3/4BAB class will have no issues reaching it early. Given some of the decent weapons of these kinds that were ignored due to being not a Khopesh, it's a nice upgrade.

Anything that makes some of the not-a-khopesh weapons more viable is welcome in my book. I'd still love to see them drop in the scythe from NWN. I think it would be quite popular. Pale master with a caster scythe? The meme draws itself. Used-to-be-Turbine would probably set sales records in the store for cosmetics.

The downside is that it still usually "wastes" a feat to use "non-generic" weapons which tends to be impossible with many classes and builds.

With that upgrade, it would be one less point to be spent (the point to enable the character to use Kopesh weapons).
That point could then be used elsewhere.

Anything that makes some of the not-a-khopesh weapons more viable is welcome in my book. I'd still love to see them drop in the scythe from NWN. I think it would be quite popular. Pale master with a caster scythe? The meme draws itself. Used-to-be-Turbine would probably set sales records in the store for cosmetics.

The downside is that it still usually "wastes" a feat to use "non-generic" weapons which tends to be impossible with many classes and builds.

I think the point is that you could either burn a feat for Khopesh or burn a feat for Knight's Training for essentially the same thing.

Spear and Scythe would be awesome, but I think the problem there is the fact they would have to make all new animations, and a mess of items to support those builds throughout the games.

I don't know why, but I've found in the inventory of one of my lowest level characters 2 x the item "Kohl's Gem".
The Wiki tells me that this has no use and can be sold, but where ? And how ? I mean, no NPC vendor I've contacted so far seems to buy it.

Besides : My favourite event there - the Risia Ice Games - come next Tuesday : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...ia-Festivals?p=6177669&viewfull=1#post6177669

U41P3 Release Notes

Code:
Feed your goggles!!!

Here are the Release Notes for Update 41.3, released on Tuesday, February 5th.

News and Notes:

Classes

Barbarian damage reduction no longer drops on Death.

Enhancements

Some typos have been corrected in Warlock enhancement text.
    Dragonborn's Arcanum now properly grants Spell Penetration.
    Stronger Bonds from the Aasimar Racial Tree now persists more reliably through Death and Zone Transfers.
    Color Spray should now be properly considered an Illusion spell.

Favor

New Favor rewards have been added where favor rewards had not existed previously, or where a one-time-use item is granted. Additionally, the Falconry Universal Enhancement Tree is now available to unlock on a per-character basis through Favor.
        Tier 1: Grants Skill Bonuses
        Tier 2: Grants +5 Hit Points (Stacking)
        Tiers 3 & 4: Various Benefits, including: Saves versus Attack types or monster types, Tree Access, and other benefits

In this update, the following Favor grants new benefits:

Gate Keepers:
        Rank 1: Favor 75 - "Gatekeepers: Skill Bonus" - "This feat grants you +2 bonus to Concentration and Spot skills."
        Rank 2: Favor 150 - "Gatekeepers: Hit Point Bonus" - "This feat grants you +5 HP."

House Jorasco: Adds the following bonuses to Existing Ranks
        Rank 1 :"House Jorasco: Skill Bonus" "This feat grants you +2 bonus to the Heal and Diplomacy skills."
        Rank 2: "House Jorasco: Hit Point Bonus" "This feat grants you +5 HP."

House Deneith:
        Rank 1: "House Deneith: Skill Bonus" "This feat grants you +2 Intimidate and Search skills."
        Rank 2: "House Deneith: Hit Points Bonus" "This feat grants you +5 HP."

Purple Dragon Knight
        Rank 2: "Purple Dragon Knights: Hit Point Bonus" "This feat grants you +5 HP."
        Rank 4: "Purple Dragon Knights: Save Bonus" "This feat grants you +2 saves versus Evil Creatures."

House Phiarlan:
        Rank 1: "House Phiarlan: Skill Bonus" "This feat grants you +2 bonus to Hide and Perform skills."

The Twelve
        Rank 4: "Twelve: Save Bonus" "This feat grants you +2 saves versus Spell Saves."

Agents of Argonnesson
        Rank 3: "Agents of Argonnesson: Save Bonus" "This feat grants you +2 saves versus Dragons."

The Harpers
        Rank 1: "Harpers: Skill Bonus" "This feat grants you +2 bonus to Perform and Bluff skills."
        Rank 2: "Harpers: Hit Point Bonus" "This feat grants you +5 HP."

The Free Agents:
        Rank 4: Access to the Falconry Tree on a per character basis.

Feats

A new Feat has been added called Knight's Training:
        Description: You have undergone rigorous military training with the traditional weapons of war. These weapons receive one of the following morale bonuses in your hands:
            Longsword's critical multiplier has been increased by one.
            Battle axes' critical threat range has been increased by one, and by 2 if you have Improved Critical: Slashing.
            Heavy Maces, Morning Stars, and War Hammers have had their critical threat range increased by one.
            Requires: +4 Base Attack Bonus, Considered a Martial feat. Fighter bonus feats can be used to take this.

Items

The Rose-Colored Goggles now grant 10 Sentient XP when consumed for Sentient XP.
    The minimum level to purchase and use a Ruby Eye Augment is now level 1.
    Scrolls of Acid Well, Thunderstroke, and Iceberg now use Use Magic Device values found on normal level 9 Wizard and Sorcerer scrolls, instead of using the Artificer UMD progression.
    Items with Tendon Slice on them now properly display it.
    Cosmetic rewards found in the Ravenloft bundles are now Bound to Account.
    The weapon effect "Shockwave" has had its range reduced, and now makes a line of sight check before hitting an enemy.

Monsters

Most Monsters should no longer aggro through closed doors. Spectral monsters which can pass through doors, such as wraiths, still can.
    Monsters should no longer hear player footsteps or players using skills through walls and ceilings.
    The color of several red dragons has been fixed.
    Attacking a monster that has PRR no longer causes your damage values to display in yellow.

Quests and Adventure Areas

Various changes have been made to the Anniversary event, and new items have been added for the event. The event is not yet active.
        The base reward for Anniversary Party ingredients is now 150% of your score, a 50% increase from previous years.
        The price of Peanut Butter and Linzer cookies has been increased.
    A marker for Delera's Graveyard designer Cisren has been added near the Gygax memorial.
    Fixed an issue where traps that hit each other could cause server issues.
    A Banker has been added to the Portable Hole.
    Watching the trailer for Menace of the Underdark after successfully completing Spinner of Shadows is now optional.
    Sora Katra in Siegebreaker will no longer occasionally forget to end her ritual.
    Vaklos Halmar no longer gets confused when you talk to him while you're off your raid timer for Fire on Thunder Peak.
    The Threads of Fate drop amount in the Raid "The Legendary Hound of Xoriat" has been increased.
    Some visual polish work has been done on the runes and underwater scenery in "Lost at Sea"
    Several changes have been made to The Price of Freedom:
        Entering into the main entrance to the prison in should no longer result in an instant unavoidable ambush while you are still in a loading screen.
        One of the dimension doors has been moved to avoid accidental teleportations.
        Lava once again deals damage.
    In "Killing Time" the debuff "Storm Magic" should now appear in the debuff bar instead of the buff bar.
    Several changes have been made to Quarantine:
        Aerele (miniboss) will only become active when you are on the correct step in the quest.
        Several monsters in the main courtyard have had their position adjusted as to not prevent quest advancement.

Miscellaneous

Additional work has been done to prevent incorrect item loss during reincarnation.
    Additional logging of items has been added at the time a character talks to the Lifeshaper.
    The effects of Orange and Red Dungeon Alert have been adjusted.
    Some animation polish has been done to the Vistani Knife Fighter in sneak mode.
    Additional performance work has been done to address Bard Songs and client stuttering when certain buffs conflicted
    Damage against a target is now properly increased when PRR or MRR is reduced to a negative number.
    Addressed an issue with turreted enemies that could cause performance issues.
    Half Orc Male Great Axe sneak attack animations have undergone some polish work.

Of particular note, Falconry Tree is granted at T4 of Free Agent Favor. Since there's 720 Favor, 700 needed for T4, that means we will have to hit Restless Isles in order to reach that lofty level. 84 Free Agent Favor is out there; meaning we'll pretty much have to hit Titan on Elite. We can skip Stealthy Repossession and Freshen the Air at least.

Last edited:
Sorry if I request this, but could please someone help me in finding out where to sell this "Kohl's Gem" ? I just cannot find a vendor who wants it ...

[Besides, "Kohl" means in German language "cabbage" ...]

If it's a quest item, you may not be able to sell it. Try the barkeep on the Guild ship; if he won't buy it, it's likely no-one will.

I've had to re-install Team Speak and I have no idea how to set up a Bookmark, what the name of the server is or what the PW for it is either. Help Please!! :)

Thank you CM for the assistance in getting TS up and running.

I'm thinking you guys should set up a Discord channel.

Back
Top Bottom