Daedalic Entertainment - Six Titles to be Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gematsu reports that Daedalic Entertainment have six unannounced titles in the works, which will be announced in the coming weeks.

The six titles planned to be announced in the coming weeks span a variety of genres, including turn-based RPG, cooperative roguelike, survival MMO, and classic adventure.

[...]
More information.

Oh, another announcement of coming announcement! Can't wait for teasers of new trailers!

The six titles planned to be announced in the coming weeks span a variety of genres, including turn-based RPG, cooperative roguelike, survival MMO, and classic adventure.
What could that be? I hope for a new game in The Dark Eye setting even though the Blackguards games weren't that good.

“Naturally, we have closely monitored the shift towards Games-as-a-Service in the last few years and a big part of our line-up fits this approach perfectly,”
Oh noes. :|

Daedalic for me, is one of those cases where i find some of their games decent and even good in some cases but never managed to get into the "games i love" category.

However, games as a service.....bloody hell

So far they did great adventure games.
Their visit into roleplaying games however with Blackguards I found heavily disappointing.

So I am glad to see that finally some new classical adventures are coming. But I am very sceptical about everything else.

I'll be very interested in seeing exactly what turn-based game they are working on, that's for sure. The first Blackguards game was excellent, the second a little less so, I'd be game for a third iteration.

I liked Blackguards, but was disappointed with Blackguards 2 using pretty much the same characters, felt more like a DLC to me, only played a few missions before I got bored.

Daedalic for me, is one of those cases where i find some of their games decent and even good in some cases but never managed to get into the "games i love" category.

However, games as a service…..bloody hell

Absolutely agree! I liked both Blackguards I and II and generally found them to be better than average games. But they didn’t make my favorites list and I doubt I’ll ever revisit them. I really want to like their point/click games as they are also well done...but I generally lose interest after an hour or so.

Yeah Blackguards were a good time waster but not great games. That whole game as a service quote though gives me the shiver. So my enthusiasm is low right now.

I wouldn't mind games as fanservice though. :evilgrin:

mod community, 99% of it = reshade shills
so no.

My main problem with Blackguards is that the sequel was actually worse than the first game.

And I still can't comprehend their decisions with compansions in sequel:
Companions: Most disappointing thing for me. Your are restricted to the three known companions from the prequel: Naurim (dwarf), Takate (indigenous forest-man) and Zurbaran (human). While it's disappointing that you don't get to know more characters, the bigger problem for me is that having these 3 companions only narrows down the character building options for the main char (Cassia), when you want to cover all possible "archetypes" and especially when you want to build the companions according to their native concept. Naurim is the typical melee tank. Takate is more a dex fighter with a spear (dual whield blades would also fit). Zurbaran is a typical mage. While you could easily make anyone of them a ranged fighter, that just wouldn't fit their personality. You even could skill Zurbaran into a melee fighter but as he's the only one of the trio being able to cast magic, you'll lack a full mage. So if you stay true to their native concept and want to have a ranged fighter it more or less is a must to skill Cassia appropriately. And you should skill her magic a little as well (which even is advised in the manual), for having a (second) supporter for healing/buffing. So with these premieses, her building concept sadly is quite predefined.
Daedalic could have solved this problem partially by adding a new companion. Best fit would have been a female elf archer: closes the gap of a lacking female companion, the lack of an elven companion and the gap of a ranged fighter companion. Perfect fit would have been Niam - but unfortunately they decided for her to get killed in the prequel.

Yeah the first Blackguards game was certainly better than the second, but the last one wasn't awful, in my opinion. It just suffered from the first one being so darn good, a problem that not every series gets to experience.

The absolutely amazing Blackguards games were top notch, I played each two times. Daedalic is the true innovator in this genre and they are bringing superb quality in music, graphics, story and world design.

When I saw Obsidian Entertainment's Tranny - Tyranny how blatantly they stole unique ideas from Daedalic with the music, world map, graphics style, NAMES!!
Blackguards:
First Kyrios - evil ruler Marwan

Obsidian's Tranny - Tyranny:
"the evil overlord Kyros"

I was abhorred by Obsidian's crimes and they should be sued!

The absolutely amazing Blackguards games were top notch, I played each two times. Daedalic is the true innovator in this genre and they are bringing superb quality in music, graphics, story and world design.

When I saw Obsidian Entertainment's Tranny - Tyranny how blatantly they stole unique ideas from Daedalic with the music, world map, graphics style, NAMES!!
Blackguards:
First Kyrios - evil ruler Marwan

Obsidian's Tranny - Tyranny:
"the evil overlord Kyros"

I was abhorred by Obsidian's crimes and they should be sued!

dude, you made me laugh !
:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom