General News - New Exclusives for The Epic Games Store

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
RockPaperShotgun reports that The Outer Worlds will be exclusive to Epic Games Store, as well as The Sinking City, Control and others.

Epic Games are getting serious about going head-to-head with Valve with their store, and have the war-chest to prove it. They've just announced a slew of exclusives, including Obsidian's highly anticipated The Outer Worlds, and Remedy's upcoming horror shooter Control. Frogwares's cthulhoid detective mystery The Sinking City will be making its debut on the upstart storefront too. This is on top of Epic's surprise announcement that Quantic Dream's formerly PlayStation-exclusive library is coming to PC via their store. See the list of announced exclusives below.

[...]

Thanks Farflame and porcozaur!

More information.

Outer Worlds is not exclusive. It will launch on both Epic Store and Microsoft store and will also be available on Steam in early 2020. From what I can read most of the other games will be available on Steam as well. I think rather than calling it exclusive people should call it was it is "Exclusive at launch".

PoE2 sells poorly, so our next game will be a timely-exclusive on some platform that many gamers avoid? Yeah, makes sense, Obsidian!

Hopefully they release the game on GOG sometime in the future. My money can wait.

The only thing they achieve with these exclusives is that I will now wait until the game is heavily discounted. I mean, they just got a big bag of money, why would I pay full price. And that way I can buy it on a store of my choice. Not that I have that much of a problem with Epic, I just don't like exclusives.

And I was really interested in playing The Outer Worlds. Luckily I have a backlog big enough that I don't need to play it in the next few years.

To be honest I don't think Obsidian had much say in this matter, considering they added steam achievements yesterday :/ I bet the decision came from Private Division. But since Obsidian is now owned by Microsoft they had to put it there as well....

I'm just wondering when is Valve going to take action on this aggressive epic's policy.

If these games ever make it to Steam or GOG. I will pick them up.. Till then.. I can wait.

To be honest I don't think Obsidian had much say in this matter, considering they added steam achievements yesterday :/ I bet the decision came from Private Division. But since Obsidian is now owned by Microsoft they had to put it there as well….

I'm just wondering when is Valve going to take action on this aggressive epic's policy.
Looks like it's time for Steam to buy Exclusives also like Epic. Then we can point fingers at Epic and say they started the whole mess, and forced the other platforms to do so.

Also Microsoft gets the game as they own Obsidian and Private Division is a division of Take 2 & decide how the game gets sold. It's all about money no other reason really.

Looks like it's time for Steam to buy Exclusives also like Epic. Then we can point fingers at Epic and say they started the whole mess, and forced the other platforms to do so.

We'd scarcely notice the difference. By being the overwhelmingly dominant distributor, there are already countless games that are, in practice, exclusive to Steam. That's kind of the point.

Looks like it's time for Steam to buy Exclusives also like Epic.
I thought Skyrim, which is Steam exclusive, exists for like eternity.

No matter what I say will please Epic supporters on this site. Just how all the other Epic supporter's wont convince me. At this point all I see is threads that go in circles.

At this point just why don't we all agree to disagree.^^

I'm not Epic supporter really, I'm just against Microsoft store. PC needs variety, not monopolistic Google playstore nor iTunes store. Microsoft store tried to turn PC into phones and so far their plan didn't work.

No matter what I say will please Epic supporters on this site. Just how all the other Epic supporter's wont convince me. At this point all I see is threads that go in circles.

At this point just why don't we all agree to disagree.^^

Well, I'm not an "Epic supporter". To me this isn't a partisan issue, of choosing one team or the other. They're all multibillion-dollar corporations, and I regard all of them with suspicion. It just seems obvious to me that, as consumers, the best thing we can do is keep them pitted against each other in fierce competition.

In terms of agreeing to disagree, that's fine. But, when people continue to post points that I disagree with on the forum, I'm not going to stop responding.

Anyway my bearded friend made a good video but I know most hate his videos.

Yeah - when they sell products I want in places other than my preferred stores, I generally just steal them. I feel pretty badass for doing it, too, so I like to post about it a couple of times a week.

Tod Howard's Tweet about this was hilarious.:lol:

Basically he asked how we liked Outer Worlds now.

Rub the salt in Todd. :(

I won't steal products, but I do have something called patience, and I have it in abundance. If I ever considered using a platform like Epic in the future, the model they've adopted for their launch killed that immediately. I don't like the concept of exclusives, I already avoid platforms like Origin and Ubijunk, so welcome to the ignore list, Epic. I'll wait until games I'm interested in pop up on either great old game or steam, and if they never do, I'll survive. I'm good at that!

I wonder how many lost purchases it's going to cause.

Everywhere I'm reading people are saying they are going to wait until game X is on Steam/GOG and some of them even add that it probably means they won't buy the game because they usually are only interested "at launch" in them. One year old games don't interest them...

Tod Howard's Tweet about this was hilarious.:lol:

Basically he asked how we liked Outer Worlds now.

Rub the salt in Todd. :(

Outch. lol.

Back
Top Bottom