Star Citizen Info Thread

They made a post related to how the Medical Gameplay will work:

https://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/16671-The-Shipyard-Medical-Gameplay

Like anything, what's usually a very simplistic role in other games - this sounds quite involved - and I like how they already have three ships dedicated to it, in various capacities. From the "Ambulance" to the "Flying Hospital" ships - this could be a non-combat profession I would like to dabble in. Heck, if their tier zero iteration of mining is already fun and involved - non-combat gameplay is looking very promising.

That said, I'm more than likely going to be exploring the galaxy with friends. Potentially some bounty hunting and taking down griefers - if I can muster the patience ;)

That said, to be clear - I'm very happy we have people like this guy, who actually bothers to establish the liars out there, including SirJames.

Well, come on, now, what have I actually said that is a lie? Since we're being so specific here lets list my lies.

@SirJames;

I'm afraid I don't really care enough to bother :)

However, if you yourself should one day start caring enough about your own misinformation and lies - I can only recommend doing a little research before opening your mouth.

@SirJames;

Maybe you should try Twitter? Seems to work for Trump when he needs to blow off some steam under similar circumstances ;)

I'd have thought you'd welcome the opportunity to point out at least one lie. Don't you remember any? Didn't you have anything at all in mind?

You should have more respect for yourself than to make such rude and baseless accusations.

I wouldn't expect an apology from such a man, but you might surprise me?

Cool story SJ ;)

Also, you won't even have to apologize to me if you get your hands on Star Citizen one day and find that it might not be what you thought it would.

I'll be more than happy to see you have some fun with a meaningful game for once. It might even make you less susceptible to conspiracy theories and less gullible when it comes to people like Derek Smart.

Well, I'm glad we've cleared that up for the third party readers.

My word has been successfully defended and yours been put into question.

I can sort of tell you're invested in what (mostly) strangers think of your word ;)

That must be frustrating in your position. That said, let me give you this little clue:

In the VAST majority of petty little "debates" like these, third party readers couldn't care less. In fact, I'd be surprised if anyone bothers to read them once they get started. Unless they're REALLY bored.

That said, if you're concerned about public perception of your integrity - let's hope they've forgotten your promises about Sword Coast Legends - and let's hope they'll forget this thread if Star Citizen is released and isn't what you constantly claim it will be ;)

Anyway, thank you for another distracting exchange and have a nice day!

BTW, are you looking forward to No Man's Sky Next? If you liked Elite Dangerous - it seems it might be something worth checking out.

Actually, I agree with SJ.
First of all, it is rude to say things like that.
Second, if you are to make an accusation, you should be willing to back it up (remember what you told Silver Coin on the political forum).
Finally, if you are not willing to back up your accusation, the right thing to do is apologise.

From what I remember, SJ has been critical of Star Citizen, but I did not see him lying about anything in this thread.

Actually, I agree with SJ.
First of all, it is rude to say things like that.
Second, if you are to make an accusation, you should be willing to back it up (remember what you told Silver Coin on the political forum).
Finally, if you are not willing to back up your accusation, the right thing to do is apologise.

From what I remember, SJ has been critical of Star Citizen, but I did not see him lying about anything in this thread.

Is there some reason I should invest in your opinion about this? If you actually knew what this was about and you didn’t constantly interfere in things without being thorough, maybe your opinion would carry more weight. Perhaps engage a little instead of writing a paragraph every few days on your phone ;)

BTW, are you looking forward to No Man's Sky Next? If you liked Elite Dangerous - it seems it might be something worth checking out.

I don't know anything about No Man's Sky Next; only about Star Citizen. ;)

I did give NMS a short play at launch and didn't enjoy it. You can't crash your ship? Kids game.

I don't know anything about No Man's Sky Next; only about Star Citizen. ;)

I did give NMS a short play at launch and didn't enjoy it. You can't crash your ship? Kids game.

So, you don't know anything and you still don't want to play it? That sounds about par for the course.

Anyway, just curious :)

@Pladio;

Just this ONE TIME - I will do the work you should have done before acting judge and jury. I do this because you're usually not this foolish - you just have a really unfortunate tendency to interfere in things that have nothing to do with you - and without doing any kind of research about what has been said, or the history of whatever you're sticking your nose into.

Here is a quote from SirJames:

Due to the failure of a SC backer to secure a refund in small claims court, Cloud Imperium Games have updated their TOS agreement to force everyone to waive their consumer rights for refunds on any pledges over 2 weeks old.

This is 100% false. It's a clear-cut lie - or, at best, misinformation based on not doing homework properly. I made it clear in my post about this that I don't know if SirJames is lying intentionally.

The TRUTH is that the last change in the TOS happened YEARS ago. Meaning, absolutely nothing has changed in this way based on the case in question.

Here, look for yourself:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos/

Beyond that, Couch posted a video that goes into great detail about this - and you clearly didn't bother to actually watch it:

Here's a shorter video - since I know you don't like doing too much work before you make claims:

Now, I'm not a judge or a jury - and I really couldn't care less if people can own up to their own lack of integrity. That's not worth my time - as I've already said.

In my opinion, the "right thing to do" - if there is such a thing - is to not tell a lie in the first place, or spread misinformation. There's nothing "right" about actually putting in the work of "proving" a lie - because that puts the responsibility of truth on the people who're not telling the lie.

What you're suggesting is like saying it's the world's responsibility to convince Trump that he's a liar. If they can't do that, they should apologize to him for accusing him of lying. Yeah, good luck with that.

However, if you want to follow your own example - then the "right thing to do" now - is that you should apologize for your mistake.

The next time you make this kind of judgmental comment without doing your research properly - please remember there might be a reason to be smarter than that.

Due to the failure of a SC backer to secure a refund in small claims court, Cloud Imperium Games have updated their TOS agreement to force everyone to waive their consumer rights for refunds on any pledges over 2 weeks old.

This is 100% false. It's a clear-cut lie - or, at best, misinformation based on not doing homework properly.

Could you explain the new 14 day refund policy a little more clearly for me, please?

@SirJames;

Let's see you apologize first, just for kicks. Then I will consider helping you out :)

Remember, the third party readers are watching you here.

Is there some reason I should invest in your opinion about this? If you actually knew what this was about and you didn’t constantly interfere in things without being thorough, maybe your opinion would carry more weight. Perhaps engage a little instead of writing a paragraph every few days on your phone ;)

You should only if you care enough about what people think about you and your posts. You are being defensive simply because people point out you are wrong.

For someone that tends to write enough here to be so emotionally invested to have to turn off their account every few months you would think you would some friendly advice rather than throw mud at it.

You should only if you care enough about what people think about you and your posts. You are being defensive simply because people point out you are wrong.

For someone that tends to write enough here to be so emotionally invested to have to turn off their account every few months you would think you would some friendly advice rather than throw mud at it.

It didn't take long for your true colors to show ;)

Let me guess, you are going to ignore that other post, then?

@SirJames;

Let's see you apologize first, just for kicks. Then I will consider helping you out :)

Remember, the third party readers are watching you here.

I'm pretty sure the info is accurate. No refunds on pledges over 2 weeks old?

Or is your point only that I called the agreement the TOS but the agreement relating to the refunds is actually made at check out or something?

@Pladio;

Just this ONE TIME - I will do the work you should have done before acting judge and jury. I do this because you're usually not this foolish - you just have a really unfortunate tendency to interfere in things that have nothing to do with you - and without doing any kind of research about what has been said, or the history of whatever you're sticking your nose into.

Here is a quote from SirJames:

This is 100% false. It's a clear-cut lie - or, at best, misinformation based on not doing homework properly. I made it clear in my post about this that I don't know if SirJames is lying intentionally.

The TRUTH is that the last change in the TOS happened YEARS ago. Meaning, absolutely nothing has changed in this way based on the case in question.

Here, look for yourself:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos/

Beyond that, Couch posted a video that goes into great detail about this - and you clearly didn't bother to actually watch it:

snipped a comment and put it to the bottom

Now, I'm not a judge or a jury - and I really couldn't care less if people can own up to their own lack of integrity. That's not worth my time - as I've already said.

In my opinion, the "right thing to do" - if there is such a thing - is to not tell a lie in the first place, or spread misinformation. There's nothing "right" about actually putting in the work of "proving" a lie - because that puts the responsibility of truth on the people who're not telling the lie.

What you're suggesting is like saying it's the world's responsibility to convince Trump that he's a liar. If they can't do that, they should apologize to him for accusing him of lying. Yeah, good luck with that.

However, if you want to follow your own example - then the "right thing to do" now - is that you should apologize for your mistake.

The next time you make this kind of judgmental comment without doing your research properly - please remember there might be a reason to be smarter than that.

First of all, you did not make it clear at all when you said:
"That said, to be clear - I'm very happy we have people like this guy, who actually bothers to establish the liars out there, including SirJames."​

I do not know what you believe my mistake was? Is it that I called you out for calling someone a liar? To your point about Trump lying, actually there are many websites dedicated to just that and even several newspapers had articles to debunk things he had said.

I do not know what you think is judgmental either in what I have said in that first post about lying.

I agree that it now seems that SirJames was wrong, but I do not know where I have erred and I am happy for you to point that out.

Obviously, I agree with you that lying is the wrong thing to do in the first instance, but it doesn't mean that calling someone a liar without backing it up is right either.

Regarding the videos, the video Potato posted was 20 minutes long and I did not have the time to go through it when it was first posted. It still doesn't make my points wrong.
I went through it now though.

And there's something very wrong about what the guy has done in his video.
He is using the older version of the TOS on his video, which is just as bad as lying...

18 Months Delivery Due
RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the pledge items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date communicated to you on the Website. However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a firm promise and may be extended by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of your Pledge shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has failed to deliver the relevant pledge items and/or the Game to you within eighteen (18) months after the estimated delivery date.

No 18 months delivery due
RSI agrees to use its good faith business efforts to deliver to you the pledge items and the Game on or before the estimated delivery date communicated to you on the Website. However, you acknowledge and agree that delivery as of such date is not a firm promise and may be extended by RSI since unforeseen events may extend the development and/or production time. Accordingly, you agree that any unearned portion of your Pledge shall not be refundable until and unless RSI has ceased development and failed to deliver the relevant pledge items and/or the Game to you. (Pledges made under previous Terms of Services continue to be governed by the corresponding clause of the Terms of Services, or of the Commercial Terms, as applicable, which were in effect at the time of making the Pledge).

Here's a shorter video - since I know you don't like doing too much work before you make claims:

The only point I will address separately from the others is the above.
I did not make any claims about SC, you and SirJames did. I explained that calling someone a liar without backing it up is wrong. That was my only claim.

Conclusion
It seems to me like both sides of the aisle are making erroneous claims and not backing them up correctly. This will only end if both sides start looking into their background facts and articles in a bit more detail.

Otherwise, you will simply end up in an argument as has happened here.

Back
Top Bottom