Pathfinder, PoE2 or DoS2?

I'm assuming you're talking about the first Pathfinder game, the Kingmaker one, and if so I wouldn't worry too much about those timers. Also, while at first it might seem you're being forced to certain areas/places, the game does widely open up after a few hours. I'd stick with it, and take that earlier advice offered about kingdom management, for sure!!

[*]First warning signs was showing me uncollected loot in the map.

Easy enough to not pick up any loot that you didn't manually collect.

[*]Second bad sign was allowing me to collect that loot as I was forced to the travel map with no option to explore the mansion.

Huh? Did the game force you to exit the map?

[*]Oh and I can't rest prior to that travel.

Rest before you exit....

I hope the whole game isn't like this because if it is its going to be a short experience.

It's not. The prologue is railroaded like it is in a lot of games. The game opens up soon enough.

That said, I don't care much for the map/travel system myself.

It looks like it's going to be a loong ranting thread. :rolleyes:

They're legit complaints if you don't like those things. Not everyone are Pathfinder fanboys/girls. ;)

Good to hear I was just giving an initial impression. And yes right after dialog wrapped with Jamandi up came the travel map no other options, no way to cancel the map. I'll chock it up to a bad intro design and keep playing no biggie. Also are there any occlusion mods or anything? The landscape in combat, particularly trees seem to get in camera's way

They're legit complaints if you don't like those things. Not everyone are Pathfinder fanboys/girls. ;)

Fair enough. But it doesn't come from being a fan, I see that some are valid points. It's just that after we all take the time to answer and give advice, there's not so much as a thanks, but a choice of what he assumes is the worst option, and an initial list of complaints after a few minutes of gameplay. Not really motivating, is it.

Take that as my own legit complaint for seeing this after a bad day. ;)

So yes, sometime I wish there was an option not to see the loot when leaving an area. I think it's a way to make it more convenient (and indeed, I miss that in the Expeditions games) but it should be an option or a choice on leaving like "Do you want to leave? Yes / no / show me the bloody loot first".

After a while I didn't even notice it anymore.

As for the map-related issues or dinky map(?), I have no idea what it's about.

The big issue with Kingmaker is the events in the kingdom management, and how they can wreck the abilities. And for those who don't like it, the time issue related to them.

Really not looking to offend anybody? As I said just an initial impression and glad to hear its really an intro thing. Will play some more and go from there. Oh and thanks for the feedback.

Back
Top Bottom