Rogue Legacy 2 - Review @ GamingBolt

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
GamingBolt checked out Rogue Legacy 2:

Rogue Legacy 2 Review - The Final Verdict

Rogue Legacy 2 may not be at the very apex of design like Hollow Knight or match its story and rogue-lite appeal. The difficulty, especially when exploring a new biome for the first time, may also prove irksome for some (though there are the House Rules for customizing enemy health, damage taken and much more if you want a more chilled out experience).

Overall though, it's a great combination of both genres, offering near-endless replay value, a compelling narrative to unearth, a gorgeous and clean aesthetic, and fun gameplay. As accessible as it is immensely complex, Rogue Legacy 2 is a stellar title that will keep you coming back for just one more quirky run.
More information.

$14,878 budget
22,811 peak concurrent players
86-89% positive reviews

Love to see a fun, good quality indie.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with the quality and fun factor of the game; it must be a conspiracy where NASA got together with anti-vaxxers so the public enjoys and plays this game, in a further attempt for the world to keep unfairly ignoring Black Geyser, that peaked at 76 players with about x10 the budget.

$14,878 budget
22,811 peak concurrent players
86-89% positive reviews

Love to see a fun, good quality indie.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with the quality and fun factor of the game; it must be a conspiracy where NASA got together with anti-vaxxers so the public enjoys and plays this game, in a further attempt for the world to keep unfairly ignoring Black Geyser, that peaked at 76 players with about x10 the budget.
You know that you don't always have to talk about sales. You can talk about the game itself, right?

Wordle has millions of concurrent users. Doesn't make it a high quality game.
Just makes it popular.

From my perspective this isn't a game for me. But it does look cool. I don't like that type of gameplay though.

I watched CohhCarnage play it for a bit and I can understand why people enjoy it.

I don't remember telling you what you can talk about, so if that's all you have to say, keep it to yourself, thanks.

Plus popularity doesn't give you 90% scores automatically. It needs to be a quality, fun game too. It's very naive and short sighted to post anything like that when there are games like FAllout76 or Anthem out there.

Wait, no. That's also part of a conspiracy. Who was it this time, Flat Earthers? Damn them and their tricks to make good games get bad scores and appear invisible, while bad games that are "just popular" get the good reviews.

I don't remember telling you what you can talk about, so if that's all you have to say, keep it to yourself, thanks.

Plus popularity doesn't give you 90% scores automatically. It needs to be a quality, fun game too. It's very naive and short sighted to post anything like that when there are games like FAllout76 or Anthem out there.
Do whatever you want. It just removes credibility you have when you talk only about sales and reviews on every single thread rather than the games themselves.

Right, because this:

Just makes it popular.

This has all the credibility in the world.

Because people are so f'ing stupid that they will upvote bad games just because they are popular. But not you, the chosen one that has complete authority over what's good and what's not. You can judge in the blink of an eye and tell the worthy from the unworthy. You hold the absolute truth. You are the incredibly self-aware overlord that stands over the cattle, watching them stumble around blindly like drones. The very one special snowflake.

The level of delusion of some users in this site is just unbelievable.

PS: That's not aimed particularly at you, @Pladio;, I know you to be a sensible person most of the time.

It's just piling up lately with the special snowflakes.

Nothing against you, so please don't take it personally, the last post was way more aggressive than I intended and it'd feel dishonest to edit it now. My apologies if it offended you.

Last edited:
PS: That's not aimed particularly at you, @Pladio;, I know you to be a sensible person most of the time.

It's just piling up lately with the special snowflakes.

Nothing against you, so please don't take it personally, the last post was way more aggressive than I intended and it'd feel dishonest to edit it now. My apologies if it offended you.
Just wish you'd talk about the game...
Did you like it? What did you like about it? What didn't you like?

You did that in another thread and that was so much more insightful and interesting.

Just wish you'd talk about the game.
Did you like it? What did you like about it? What didn't you like?

You did that in another thread and that was so much more insightful and interesting.

I'm about to find out! Work permitting.

JvrFOZR.jpg

So I actually have the game and enjoy it, though I also find it quite a bit harder than the original Rogue Legacy. I was never especially good at the original, but I enjoyed it and was able to slowly muddle through it based on slowly unlocking new power ups. I'm managing that to a degree here too but it's a lot slower and more difficult. On the plus side, there's also a lot more stuff to do and unlock.

So I actually have the game and enjoy it, though I also find it quite a bit harder than the original Rogue Legacy. I was never especially good at the original, but I enjoyed it and was able to slowly muddle through it based on slowly unlocking new power ups. I'm managing that to a degree here too but it's a lot slower and more difficult. On the plus side, there's also a lot more stuff to do and unlock.
I liked the first quite a lot. Didn't finish it, but got pretty far. That's usually what happens with roguelites for me.

I think I read somewhere that the difficulty is adjustable in this one. Is that true?

I liked the first quite a lot. Didn't finish it, but got pretty far. That's usually what happens with roguelites for me.

I think I read somewhere that the difficulty is adjustable in this one. Is that true?

X0LJZDe.jpg

I'd say the default difficulty is slightly higher than the original, but that pane should be helpful to anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with it.

Not only did I finish the first one, but I played it again on New Game+, and then partway through on New Game++. That's exceedingly rare for me to do.

I've probably put as much time into the sequel as it took me to finish the complete first game, but I've only beaten 2 out of 6 (?) bosses. Haven't played with the difficulty levels though, and there are still plenty of power ups to unlock, although that can be pretty slow going in itself.

Some of the difficulty lies in just figuring out how to get to an item needed to progress, although that can be resolved by just googling it. There were a few jumping puzzles that I found overly frustrating as well, although mostly just early on. Maybe I've just gotten better at them by now.

X0LJZDe.jpg

I'd say the default difficulty is slightly higher than the original, but that pane should be helpful to anyone who doesn't feel comfortable with it.
Not only did I finish the first one, but I played it again on New Game+, and then partway through on New Game++. That's exceedingly rare for me to do.

I've probably put as much time into the sequel as it took me to finish the complete first game, but I've only beaten 2 out of 6 (?) bosses. Haven't played with the difficulty levels though, and there are still plenty of power ups to unlock, although that can be pretty slow going in itself.

Some of the difficulty lies in just figuring out how to get to an item needed to progress, although that can be resolved by just googling it. There were a few jumping puzzles that I found overly frustrating as well, although mostly just early on. Maybe I've just gotten better at them by now.
Cheers for your impressions and info. Added it to my wishlist for now.

You know that you don't always have to talk about sales. You can talk about the game itself, right?

Just makes it popular.

From my perspective this isn't a game for me. But it does look cool. I don't like that type of gameplay though.

I watched CohhCarnage play it for a bit and I can understand why people enjoy it.

Oh come on, you know if you are enjoying a game that doesn't have high sales you are doing it wrong?

No games that sold poorly are good games, and should be ignored;)

Back
Top Bottom