Parsec is damned impressive

D

Darth Tagnan

If you thought Steam or Moonlight streaming was good - you ain't seen nothing yet.

That is all :)

You do understand that this is for streaming privately and non-commercially, right?
Yes but I'll still wait to see if it catches on.:)

I have zero interest in this but I know a few other friends/family that might.

I'm not sure I understand your point, but whatever :)
It's called I'm tired and writing nonsense.

As I realized it was a free App after typing my first response.:biggrin:

You do understand that this is for streaming privately and non-commercially, right?

That doesn't matter. Benign or malign, a tumor is still cancer.

That doesn't matter. Benign or malign, a tumor is still cancer.

tl;dr; information from pibbur that you didn't ask for
tl;dr2;typically pibbur

Sorry, but I have to correct you there. Only malignant tumors are cancer, because only malignant tumors can invade other tissues and therefore metastasize. Admittedly a benign tumor can turn malignant (tumors of the parotid gland, tumors in the lower intestine), and for some tumors the difference between a malignant and a benign tumor is of lesser clinical importance (tumors of the brain). There are also cancers that develop very slowly with only local invasion of tissues and therefor are mostly harmless (basaliomas of the skin and most prostatic cancers).

pibbur who thinks he contributed as much as the potato to the thread, however by using far more words.

PS: Not interested in streaming, but for once I'll take a look. DS.

I admit my mistake, will rephrase it in some next streaming thread to preserve the point without incorrect terms use.

tl;dr; information from pibbur that you didn't ask for
tl;dr2;typically pibbur

Sorry, but I have to correct you there. Only malignant tumors are cancer, because only malignant tumors can invade other tissues and therefore metastasize. Admittedly a benign tumor can turn malignant (tumors of the parotid gland, tumors in the lower intestine), and for some tumors the difference between a malignant and a benign tumor is of lesser clinical importance (tumors of the brain). There are also cancers that develop very slowly with only local invasion of tissues and therefor are mostly harmless (basaliomas of the skin and most prostatic cancers).

pibbur who thinks he contributed as much as the potato to the thread, however by using far more words.

PS: Not interested in streaming, but for once I'll take a look. DS.

Parsec makes it possible to play local split-screen multiplayer games or, say, have cooperative sessions with games like Legend of Grimrock where one player controls movement and another controls the mouse - and you don't have to be in the same room together.

That's a new thing to me - and is great for my brother and myself, for instance. We live a long way from each other - so having this option is fantastic, as we really enjoy sharing singleplayer CRPGs - especially dungeon crawlers :)

The fact that it's also a superior streaming experience for traditional use - is just icing on the cake, really.

The world that Ubisoft envisions, where games are all streamed as a service, is not something I'd look forward to.

But, high-quality streaming from my maln PC is really interesting. If it really is near indistinguishable from a local connection, I could get a lot of use out of it, for gaming and other tasks that need the big PC. A connection to the living room would be very handy sometimes. I also have a little cabin in the garden that I want to use as an office/den (for working/not working). I wouldn't keep a good PC in there because of theft risk, but an old monitor and a Pi as a dumb terminal could be fine.

The world that Ubisoft envisions, where games are all streamed as a service, is not something I'd look forward to.

But, high-quality streaming from my maln PC is really interesting. If it really is near indistinguishable from a local connection, I could get a lot of use out of it, for gaming and other tasks that need the big PC. A connection to the living room would be very handy sometimes. I also have a little cabin in the garden that I want to use as an office/den (for working/not working). I wouldn't keep a good PC in there because of theft risk, but an old monitor and a Pi as a dumb terminal could be fine.

I'm staying at my parents house right now, because they're away for a week and I've promised to look after stuff.

Like an idiot, I bought the wrong USB receiver for my Logitech keyboard - so I can't use my main PC for gaming.

But I brought my Surface Pro as well - and even with the shitty wireless connection I have here - I can stream Prey at 60 FPS from my main with absolutely no visual degradation of any kind - and extremely low latency for the mouse movement.

No sound issues of any kind, which is a first.

It's as close to playing on my real PC as I've tried when streaming - so far.

No idea how they're doing it - but it surpasses Steam, Moonlight and all the others I've tried so far.

Impressive. I'll have to tinker with it. If it works that well for me, I'll be very pleased.

So far, it has been smooth sailing. I've had no end of issues using other streaming services - but this just works.

Yeah, I've never been very pleased with the previous efforts. I even got into the weeds with my network to see if something was amiss , but either I couldn't find the problem, or they just don't work as advertised. I'll be keen to see how this goes.

Yeah, I've never been very pleased with the previous efforts. I even got into the weeds with my network to see if something was amiss , but either I couldn't find the problem, or they just don't work as advertised. I'll be keen to see how this goes.

It's free and easy to set up.

Let me know your findings. I'm curious if I'm seeing things or if it really is that good :)

Of course, it's not exactly the same as playing on the host machine - but it's pretty much what I used to hope it might be.

I'm staying at my parents house right now, because they're away for a week and I've promised to look after stuff.

Like an idiot, I bought the wrong USB receiver for my Logitech keyboard - so I can't use my main PC for gaming.

But I brought my Surface Pro as well - and even with the shitty wireless connection I have here - I can stream Prey at 60 FPS from my main with absolutely no visual degradation of any kind - and extremely low latency for the mouse movement.

No sound issues of any kind, which is a first.

It's as close to playing on my real PC as I've tried when streaming - so far.

No idea how they're doing it - but it surpasses Steam, Moonlight and all the others I've tried so far.

Very interesting. I have an Surface Pro as well. Never thought of streaming from my floortop to it. Will definitely try that.

Thanks darth.

pibbur who learned two things today.

Back
Top Bottom