The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

I might be 30 min late friday but will be here.

Just confirming that I'll be driving during the start of the session. Should be able to jump into game a couple hours late, but can't promise.

Please be careful.

It's a pretty easy drive. A little over 3 hours (4 on the clock due to starting the trip in Central and finishing in Eastern), but pretty much a straight shot on two interstates.

Good to hear.

... And, did Corwin get his Rune-Arm in the end ?

The only thing I remember is CM ? saying after Corwin said he was missing ingredients for his second ? Rune-arm : "Didn't you dump all this [Mabar ingredients] stuff into your shared crafting bank ?"
"No. Why should I need it ?"
"For this time !" (She meant the Mabar event, and especially the rune-arm.)
(Quoted from my memory.)

Dungeons & Dragons Online : The Globe Of Imperial Blood.
"I found a round thing made of glass."
"What does it look like ?"
"Well ... round.
And it is filled with some kind of ... reddish substance."
"Could it be some kind of red spice ?"
"No, it's actually some kind of slow moving liquid."
"Slow moving liquid ? You're making a joke, aren't you ?"
"No, seriously ! It is red, it is a liquid ... come here to see it yourself !"
"I'm coming over to you. Just a minute."
"Here. Do you see it now ?"
"Yes. It looks like ... some kind of .. odd vine."
"No- this isn't vine. It's moving too slowly for that in this round thing."
"I have a very weird thougfht ... could it be ... blood ?"
"By the Flame ! How do you always have these scaring thought ?"
"Maybe because I fought in the last war ?"
"Hm ... Anyway ... you could be right. It *could* be blood ... but who would be able to test this for us ... Besides, I see no opening there ... like ... none at all ... This round thingy is completely sealed ..."
"We could go to a magician. Or to a priest of Vol. You know, they're always happy to talk aout 'blood'. They often do so as of blood was the only life force ..."
"Well, that could be right. But I don't trust these folks of Vol. They don't have such a good reputation here in the markets."
"Well, we could ask a more or less friendly dragon, too. You know, these emissaries ..."
"... of Argonessen. I know. Well, we could try it with Kear first. He seems to be quite a reasonable person."
"Okay, let's go over to him."
"Hello, Mister Kear, do you perhaps have the time to solve a small riddle for us ? One that we cannot solve ?"
"Hello. A ridle, you say ? Well, I like riddles ... Like a fresco is always a riddle ... made up of so many pieces ..."
"Well, Mister Kear, we have here a completely sealed round thingy, filled with something we suspect could be blood."
"Would you be so kind to hand it over to me ? ... Thank you.
Well, to soilve this riddle ... Yes, yes, this is indeed blood. Please go over there to Miss Lockania to ask her, she'll give you more insight to that."
"Thank you very much, mister Kear."
"Hello,
Miss Lockania. We come from Mister Kear, he said to us that you could help us solve a riddle about this completely sealed ound thingy, which is, according to Mister Kear, filled with blood."
"Well, let me see ... Yes, yes, i can truly see that it is blood.
And it is no ordinary blood !
I haven't seen this kind of blood for thousands of years !
It is in fact blood from the old Gient Emperor ! It is imperial blood !"
"Oh, wow, hello, stop just a second. You say that this is in fact blood from that giantish emperor whose statue is standing out there in the harbour holding that gientish beacon ?"
"Yes, it is. I had met him in person once or twice. Long, long ago ... I can sense that this is his."
"So, well, okay, assumed this is right ... We are merely short living mortals, you know ? All this mumbo jumbo ... How does this thing even exist ? How did it come into your hands, pal ?"
"It just washed ashore the other day. Next thing I did was pick it up, because it looked so funny.
And since then I've been wondeing about it. And this morning I gave it to you. For more investigation."
"Well, this is it, you two. This is truly imperial blood."
"And what do we do with it, actually ?"
"You could ask an artificer to set this thing into an item of your choice. It is powerful. However, we from Argonessen wouldn't say no if you'd decide to donate it to us."
"Well, thank you, we are just a short living folks, so we'd like to take advantage of this thingy's power.
What does it do, actually ?"
"It makes you a better person in every respect. It just helps you to be able to stand against the dangers of this continent's jungles much better."
"And against baddies ?"
"Yes, and against baddies.
Beware, though, the Sulatar Drow and the remaining GIants of this continent might want to have this round thing for themselves. Since it is of giantish origin. Which reminds me ... what happened to the seal of Shan-to-kor again ?"
"Okay, thank you very much, Miss ! I think I'll be going to ask an artificer to embed this item into one of my own things ..."
"Okay, pal, good luck with this thingy, then ! See you next Friday on in the Leaky Dingy !"
"Until then, pal !"

[Written down via a a "stream of consciousness" writing method within ca. 20 minutes or less.]

From the DDO forums:

Greetings! With the upcoming changes to Epic Destinies in Update 51, we’re going to be retiring a few DDO Store items, and introducing some new ones! We wanted to announce these changes ahead of the release.

Epic Destiny Access

The first change is that with Update 51, Epic Destinies will no longer be gated by a purchase. Anyone will be able to access Epic Destinies once they are high enough level on their characters.

For those who already own Epic Destinies, we thank you for being a DDO Store customer, and we will be automatically granting a +1 Tome of Destiny (Historic) to your account when Update 51 launches. The tome is Bound to Account, and will be delivered on the first character (per server) that you log into after the game update. This Tome, when used, grants +1 Permanent Destiny Point to the character that consumes it, which will increase the amount of points available for that character in the updated Epic Destiny System. Note that this will not stack with other Historic type bonuses, but will stack with any other types (e.g. type Feywild). It will no longer be possible to purchase the item “Epic Destiny Access” in the DDO Store.

Previously released Expansion bundles will no longer claim to give “Epic Destiny Access”, but will instead grant this +1 Tome of Destiny (Historic). This includes:

The Expansion Trove
Fables of the Feywild Standard (or higher) edition
Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh Standard (or higher) edition
The original Menace of the Underdark Base (or higher) edition

We’ll also be adding this Historic type Tome in the DDO Store as an ala carte purchase for anyone who never had the chance to buy Epic Destiny Access prior to Update 51.

So whether you previously got Epic Destiny Access as part of a past Expansion or you bought them directly, you’ll receive this thank you Tome. That also means anyone who purchases Epic Destinies in the DDO Store, or through eligible DDO Market Expansions, between now and when Update 51 launches will receive the Tome when the Update launches.

Call of Destiny Potions

The Call of Destiny potions are likewise being retired from the DDO Store, and as of today are no longer available for purchase. When Update 51 launches, any existing potions you have will automatically convert into Sovereign Experience Elixirs lasting 1.5 hours. This includes not only the main Call of Destiny Elixir, but also any of the specific Destiny tree Elixirs granted from that item that you hadn’t consumed. Note: If you’re already benefiting from Sovereign or Sovereign II Experience Elixirs, the usual buff queuing behavior will occur when these Sovereign Elixirs are used.

Key of Destiny

The Key of Destiny will also be retired from the DDO Store, and as of today is no longer available for purchase. When Update 51 launches, any existing keys will be automatically turned into “Tarnished Keys of Destiny”, and they may be taken to a Stone of Change to receive a Sovereign II Experience Elixir per key you exchange. The description of the keys will also be updated to reflect this change.

In case anyone wonders when Update 51 arrives :

Update 51 arrives next week! Stay tuned for release notes as we get closer to our planned release date of November 3rd.

With Update 51, all characters at level 20 and higher get a +5 heart of wood, as far as I understood it. https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...ould-be-nice?p=6473077&viewfull=1#post6473077

The reason is stated here : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...ks-and-TRing?p=6472319&viewfull=1#post6472319

So, I think, if you have any character at the levels 17-19 sitting around, it might be a good idea to get them to level 20 before Update 51 arrives ?

Peter, we completed the Gatekeeper 3's. The XP was actually kinda crap. Most of us are now middle of lvl5, although a couple are a little further along. Next up will be Saltmarsh.

Also, they accepted our counteroffer, so the house is sold assuming we get no inspection surprises. That means we should be moving sometime around Thanksgiving and I'll be back in the saddle full time.

Finally, a reminder that this coming session (05NOV) will be the last one before Murica comes off daylight savings.

And a reminder that I will be absent this week!! :(

Game is back up. You'll have to log in twice to get your epic destiny tomes and cloaks if you get them.

You will also have to go to the Fatespinner to get sent to a public area to re-unlock all your EDs. Yes it's stupid. So plan accordingly.

These public areas are actual spheres. Like in "Sphere of Destiny".

I am, however, utterly confused as to what Destinies might fir to my characters … from an immersion / role - playing standpoint, none really fits so far to my Aasimar Scourge - which is class wise a Ranger - and not to my Acrobat Rogue Traper, Alrih, either.

I just grabbed all of them on Rachail. Mostly went up Shiradi, which has a bunch of good stuff for ranged attacks, and a bit into Primal for Cocoon.

Since you can reset them easily enough and try something new, just experiment and see what you like.

I still don't see the use of the new Fate points!! What purpose do they serve since you can't use them for anything?

To annoy you, of course.

3 Fate points equal one destiny point. Basically, they liked the idea, couldn't find a use for it, then shoe-horned it in anyway.

I think the fate points are kept to not less players with many epic past lives lose some of their power. You get more destiny points with many past lives and from fate point tomes.

There was a hot fix today but a very short download. No JM today, will tell everyone in TS at game time. Reminder now that DST ends in US this Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom