Purpleblob's Winkeltje screenshots

purpleblob

Princess
I'm having so much fun with this game - mainly decorating my shop - I decided to share my screenshots :)

This is my current shop from every angle:
5whedcp.jpg

8cRM37b.jpg

f1wjZfz.jpg

Some close up looks:
Xu2DzCt.jpg

tQ9wymv.jpg

HQNTNlb.jpg

During the day time with customers:
DMdl990.jpg

I also used creative mode to plan out my second shop but it will be a long while before I get there:
RJEa6Nr.jpg

HdGh8Pm.jpg

WwT2GSR.jpg

LpzdRwQ.jpg

RuLiPZs.jpg

JqRH2m6.jpg

I'm very happy with my current shop in terms of both efficiency & looks :D Now I want to try something different for my second shop which is designed purely around the looks - I will have to save up enough money first before I can achieve the look of this shop!

The biggest challenge with my second shop is that I don't have enough stock pile shelves (which means my inventory will be very limited) nor item display to sell anything so I won't have much income! I've managed to hide the stock pile shelves in my first shop in a sneaky way but don't think I have any room to do that with my second shop!
MYrjov7.jpg

What do you guys think of my shop designs? :)

Looking good! :D Do you have to pay attention to the "flow" of the customers, if they block one another and limit the passage, for example?

A shame there is no attic or basement to store items. Perhaps your stock can be discretely stored in the garden behind bushes? ;)

I like the design a lot! I'd never have the patience to go into such detail myself, yet I like to think I can appreciate the work involved. Once you've opened that shop for business, I suspect it'll be packed with customers! -)

Looking good! :D Do you have to pay attention to the "flow" of the customers, if they block one another and limit the passage, for example?

No, their pathfinding AI is pretty good (also, they kinda go through one another sometimes :lol:)

A shame there is no attic or basement to store items. Perhaps your stock can be discretely stored in the garden behind bushes? ;)

I think its dev's design choice to limit the room to play with - we can def build a storage room ourselves. I just like hiding it because storage shelves tend to look ugly, especially once all boxes are loaded up. In my 2nd screenie of my current shop, you can see boxes in the cupboard behind shoes display (also, boxes peeking out in each corner outside of my shop) - I really tried my very best to either hide them or blend them well with rest of decos.

I like the design a lot! I'd never have the patience to go into such detail myself, yet I like to think I can appreciate the work involved. Once you've opened that shop for business, I suspect it'll be packed with customers! -)

Yes, it goes crazy during the day - I have maxmised appeal of my shop so its absolutely nuts! They go through my stocks so quick, I find it so hard to go around my store to refill items. When they can't find items they want in the shop, they line up in front of counter - some days, its so long I can't see the end of line because its off screen :lol:

I plan to review Winkeltje - its really fun game for those who love decorating or managing shop & short on time. I've already sunk in 50 hours into this because I can play it in short bursts - in game day time only lasts 3-4mins and the night time is infinitely long (until you open the shop by cliking the door) in Winkeltje, whereas I need at least 2 hour block of free time for WotR.

On a side note, I will work on WotR review on my blog as well - just want to finish my 2nd run before I do tho :)

Last edited:
I think its dev's design choice to limit the room to play with - we can def build a storage room ourselves. I just like hiding it because storage shelves tend to look ugly, especially once all boxes are loaded up. In my 2nd screenie of my current shop, you can see boxes in the cupboard behind shoes display (also, boxes peeking out in each corner outside of my shop) - I really tried my very best to either hide them or blend them well with rest of decos.
Yeah, they're not very appealing. If at least those boxes looked like wrapped presents. Or perhaps you could make the cupboards face the wall and pretend they're closed (not very practical to access the boxes but I guess the game won't see it).

Seems like the type of game one could spend way too much time on ;)

Thanks for sharing!

On a side note, I will work on WotR review on my blog as well - just want to finish my 2nd run before I do tho :)
Oh, nice, looking forward to it! :)

So, my second shop is named Adventurer's Mart because I'm selling potions and blacksmith goods. I was thinking of changing this shop's looks to what I posted previously but changed my mind and decided to keep it as is (I'm starting to like the current look). I made a proper shed this time, which is hiding behind the blacksmithing room and I worked on outdoor area more :D

ffajOMT.jpg

TZhVq6Y.jpg

7ySu3tA.jpg

Wf34j7y.jpg

3wqZr7Z.jpg

Zcy5GWk.jpg

I really want to try for my previously planned look as well so I also started a third shop :biggrin: I will probably end up spending like 100 hours on this game ;)

What kind of game is this ?

What kind of game is this ?

It's a shop management game - you try to buy items cheap and sell them to make profit to expand and decorate your shop. It's the decorating shop part that really hooked me :)

Sounds interesting.
I think I'll take a look at it.

The word "Winkeltje" sounds Dutch to me … In German language, there is a word "Winkel", which means "Corner" … "Winkeltje" sounds - judging from German dialects - like a smaller form of that ("diminutive form") …

Edit : Found that on your blog page :

(meaning ‘the little shop’ in Dutch)

Coming "soon" to GOG.

I don't think it's my cup of tea, but thanks for letting us know! :)

Besides, I'm afraid it would be a huge time-eater ;)

I have played more than 100 hours now lol

Thanks, purple, nice seeing these kind of games getting attention here as well. Don't you ever hesitate to mention them.
And my compliments for that excellent review. :thumbsup:

Thanks, purple, nice seeing these kind of games getting attention here as well. Don't you ever hesitate to mention them.
And my compliments for that excellent review. :thumbsup:

Thanks Eye and welcome back :)

Hmm…game reminds me of Crossroads Inn. They look exactly the same but are from two different developers. I might give this a play one day if I have nothing else to play.

I still have to play it ... It's in my Library ... Ready to be played ...

Back
Top Bottom