ELEX II - Faction Trailer

Had me laughing when I saw the new Morkon faction seem to be just as 'prickish' as the others. Why is so hard for PB to create a faction that anyone would want to join?? Like @Hastar; said, the people in the little town were cool.

Do we know if the game recognizes what faction you used to be in with ELEX 1? It sounded like some of them were referencing past events in the trailer.

Do we know if the game recognizes what faction you used to be in with ELEX 1? It sounded like some of them were referencing past events in the trailer.

I don't think so. There's no save importing that I'm aware of. Most of the quests in Elex 1 were available regardless of which faction you were part of. Some choices were made canon.

Very nice... now how about an optional first-person perspective, and fully-redefineable keys/mouse please ? Thanks...

Looks like they have gone for the cheapo voice actor company again unfortunately. Sounds really bad. Not that I'll care that much but the western journos will hate it or call it quaint jank as a result. Just always thought from their point of view if they invested a little more on the english voice over work and translation they would probably do a lot more business.

Gothic 1 Techno
Low-hype trailer presenting anemic content. Definitely won't play this!

I'm a day 1 buyer, but torn between cleric and alb factions. I went cleric in Elex, so I'll await further information from the FAST players who will have finished the game long before I have to make a choice!! :)

lol, I don't think the voice acting is that bad, overall. Sure, a few voices are below par, but some of them sound good to me.

And to be honest, I kinda like the overall vibe, its goofy, but in a funny and interesting way. Maybe instead of goofy, I should say "offbeat".

It doesn't put me off the game, though I do still have concerns over the flying aspects.

But I liked the factions, how there are many different distinct ones, sure they are kinda goofy, but entertainingly so. And I liked the flying dragon-like things, and graphics and world look pretty good.

Question for you Elex experts. I enjoyed the beginning of the game, but felt shoe-horned into joining the first faction that was at the start of the game because getting to the other areas seemed really difficult because of it being a Gothic game.

However, I read that if I picked a faction, I couldn't change later, which effectively put a stop to quest progression (and gear upgrades, so it seemed).

I ended up bouncing off it after about 10-or-so hours at that point, having done all the quests up to a certain point, but struggled to open other areas of the maps.

In earlier games (I finished all the Risens) you can join most factions and then decide / jump to what you wanted. Elex seemed more restrictive so I never progressed as far as I would have liked.

Any thoughts as to whether Elex2 will be better in this regard? (Or did I miss something with Elex 1)?

Unfortunately I think after only 10 hours of play you didn't have a high enough level character to go anywhere on the map. I know on my play through I felt that all of the factions were kind of dickish so I bounced around to all of their locations and did all the quests before finally settling on the cleric faction. But I was like 50 or 60 hrs of play time at that point.
One thing I know I really enjoyed with Elex I was the fact that it was so fun to explore, there were all sorts of hidden goodies located almost everywhere if you were willing to put the effort into looking for them.
I'm definitely looking forward to Exex II as I had a lot of fun playing the first one.

Question for you Elex experts. I enjoyed the beginning of the game, but felt shoe-horned into joining the first faction that was at the start of the game because getting to the other areas seemed really difficult because of it being a Gothic game.

However, I read that if I picked a faction, I couldn't change later, which effectively put a stop to quest progression (and gear upgrades, so it seemed).

I ended up bouncing off it after about 10-or-so hours at that point, having done all the quests up to a certain point, but struggled to open other areas of the maps.

In earlier games (I finished all the Risens) you can join most factions and then decide / jump to what you wanted. Elex seemed more restrictive so I never progressed as far as I would have liked.

Any thoughts as to whether Elex2 will be better in this regard? (Or did I miss something with Elex 1)?
I felt the opposite.
Going from one area to another was very easy with the jet pack. There was never a need to fight the wildlife. I went to each of the factions before making a decision.

@Irien; Yeah, you definitely missed something. Elex isn't any different than their earlier games in that way. Choosing your faction doesn't lock you out of most quests. There are very few exclusive quests that I can recall.

Also, you can't change your faction once you join one in the Risen games. I think you're just remembering how doing quests for one didn't lock you out of the others. Elex is the same way.

I'm liking the look of the game. Not all that crazy about the flying bit, though. I'd have to play a while to see if it's just a cheap trick to attract new players. The jet-pack in E1 was just enough for me.
I maxed out nearly every quest before choosing my faction. I like to take my time exploring. Not a speed runner by any stretch. I played quite a while even after finishing the main quest/game. Still stuff to find and do.

Voice acting doesn't worry me a bit. As long as it isn't terrible, I can just watch an old Godzilla movie. Below-average voice acting sounds wonderful after an hour watching one of those! ;)

Gothic 1 Techno
Low-hype trailer presenting anemic content. Definitely won't play this!

Well lets be reasonable. Its less about the content and more that your Ti-83 Plus won't be able to handle the graphics.

Maybe I am misremembering but you can't have joined the first faction without having visited the others. I think they want updates on the other factions before you can join. You may have done quests for them but nothing that locked you in to anything.

As has been said all of their games that feature factions lock you in when you actually join them, the Risen games included, and there may be faction specific quests from that point on that you only get if you have joined but in all cases it is a lot more than 10 hours before you make the faction decision.

Back
Top Bottom