The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Placebo - Slave to the Wage unplugged

Yeah, I've always liked that one. I joined the rat race hard, and if I hadn't got out of there and started working with actual humans, I'd be long gone.

I heard that new singer for Journey some years ago, man, that guy has some pipes! You wouldn't think it to look at the guy, yet he can belt those tunes our rather well.

Oh man, all things Placebo are excellent!! Brian just has one of those mesmerizing voices and the band is quite talented as well.

I have been lucky enough to see them a few times. Milko is amazing, I have memories of late in the concert him singing full bore, playing a sped up version of the song, organising the band, and communicating with the roadies and mixers - ALL at the same time! Just WOW!

He died. Gruesomely. In front of his entire family, it was alluded to in about twenty of the episodes. I think Chase completely nailed the ending in the sense that it kept a discussion going rather than resolving it completely.

I only saw Placebo once, and really enjoyed it. They are all talented masters!

Oh, and the opening theme music for the show is exceptional. Totally. And that drive in from New Jersey, beyond classic.

It's totally Spoon's fault:

I'd like to see Adele front a really good rock band.

I didn't even have to knock the dust off this one, as the album isn't that old compared to some of their others......Pulse, by the mighty Pink Floyd. I caught this one on tour back in the day and when they played AD.....well, it made me all verklempt!

I dedicate this song to a certain member of this site.:biggrin:

Might even be my own theme song.:lol:

You know they recorded Levee in the stairwell of an old house, to get that unique sound.

I was big into Zeppelin back in the day, but I have a hard time listening to them now. They're one of those bands that I heard so much I got burned out on them. Same with bands like the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac.

Yeah, you have to take a break now and then or a band will just get non-listenable. I think I just made a word up! Like, about the only Eagles song I can still listen to is "Those Shoes". Most of the others got overplayed so much on the radio that I cannot stand them, now.

Heck, I've even found some new bands to listen to recently. There are some young folks out there actually making decent music, you just have to look to find them. And when you do, make sure you shower them with love!

Deleted a post. Knock it off, or we're going to have problems.

I dunno what you have against a talented songwriter such as Jonathan Coulton, but censorship it is, then.

PS: Also, what problems are we gonna have, you forum thug? What are you going to do, delete my post and ban me? Oh no please no?

Was that song pricking you somewhere sensitive? Geez.

PS: Also, what problems are we gonna have, you forum thug? What are you going to do, delete my post and ban me? Oh no please no?

A temporary ban for a week, actually. If you want to rethink your attitude and constant provocations after that, great.

Back
Top Bottom