The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos - Release Trailer

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
With the release trailer comes the news that The Chronicles of Myrtana is finished and available from 10/12/2021.

Today, 19 years after the release of Gothic II we have a real anniversary gift. We are proud to announce that after nearly 4 years of work, The Chronicles of Myrtana has been finished.

We cordially invite you to watch our final trailer in which you will find the answer for the most bothering question - when the project will be released?

Sit down comfortably and embrace the foretaste of what is to come in The Chronicles of Myrtana.

See you on Archolos...

Soon.
More information.

@Silver;
I changed the game name to The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos

GOG still has it labeled as 'TBA'. :(

What? I thought this was just a large mod. It's going to be sold as a retail game?

Sorry if I didn't make myself clear here. When I wrote that GOG still has it as 'TBA', it's because I have the GOG version of Gothic II and so I expect it to be released there as well.

From both gaming pages we can read: "The Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos is a free, total conversion mod for Gothic II: Gold Edition. It features a completely new open world, improved skills systems, gameplay mechanics and complex story."

Sorry for any mistakes :)

Ahhh nice, out the day prior to my birthday! And this is my idea of a conversion module, one that does the work for you. I might even figure it out! Yes, I know I've said this once or six hundred times in the past, now get off my lawn. -)

Sorry for any mistakes :)

Not your mistake at all. I obviously didn't take the time to read the details. :)

So this is like the Revision mod for Deus Ex. Free but popular enough to get its own store page. I'll check it out for sure. Dec 10 release over here.

Will it be available in English, or do we have to read subtitles?

subtitles. Polish VA only. May not be a problem, I played Velaya with English subtitles and it was fine.

And I'm playing Nehrim with English subtitles as well :)

Unfortunately, I will only play a game with subtitles if I have absolutely nothing else to play!!

Yeah I prefer if the voice-overs was translated in English as well. I played Nehrim and it was confusing at times even with the subtitles. Still it probably takes to much work.

By that I mean a small team sometimes finds it to be a daunting task. There are a few free communicates that offer voice work though, and that sometimes helps with mods.

Subtitles are fine by me, most of the time I have audio off anyways.
I could never play a game without any audio at all. As that is part of what makes a great game. It sets the mood and allows immersion. Especially boss fights and cut-scenes.

Hell yes! I am waiting for this for years.
So glad that Gothic gets a mod (total conversion) like how Skyrim got Enderal or how Oblivion got Nehrim.
Now, let's hope is good :)

If it doesnt have english voice overs, it doesnt exist! ... funny

Gothic 2 might be my most replayed game, if I actually counted that. But Im not much in mods and fan content. Might give it try if feedback is positive though.

Will it be available in English, or do we have to read subtitles?
Well, on the Steam page, it says: CONTENT FOR THIS GAME: Polish Language Pack.."Adds Polish voice acting to ...etc.etc.... So that would lead me to believe that the default voice-acting is perhaps English??

If it doesnt have english voice overs, it doesnt exist! … funny
If your releasing it commercially on Steam for an international audience to play it damn well should have English voice-overs. I'll just turn off the polish voice-overs if possible.

Back
Top Bottom