HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
From the Paradox Interactive year-end report 2020:

Year-end Report 2020

[...]

This also affects the development of Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines 2, where we communicated a delay during the third quarter of 2020. We have now chosen to postpone the release of the game further, and we will not be launching the game in 2021. We have also decided that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2, and we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish work on the game. This has been a difficult decision, but we are convinced that it is the right way forward to do the game justice.

[...]
Thanks Yemeth!

More information.

Good grief...no 2021 release *and* a new studio. This is going to take a while.

And why wasn't the name of the newly selected studio included in the year-end report?

What can I say but I'm not surprised. The development problems and mismanagement of both Hardsuit Labs and Paradox are well known at this point. This was written in stone.

Last edited:
I did NOT see this coming ...

/s

Sad though ... the original remains one of my all-time favorites, so I know this is a sentimental rather than rational purchase ...perhaps the best thing is getting info to confirm my expectations into the dumpster. :(

I guess the best case scenario is that the game itself is not in bad shape, but that the relationship between Paradox and the studio broke down. Occasionally you do come across people that are just impossible to deal with, and someone in authority decides they've had enough of their shit.

Well, it could be worse. If they were following the tradition of the first game, they simply would have released it anyway ;-)

Since they already invested a lot of money there, they will very likely release it some day, but what this implies for quality (or a release date) is anyone's guess.

My expectations were already pretty close to zero and in any case this isn't at all surprising.

Just asked Steam to refund my super-special edition I pre-ordered the day it was announced. Almost two years of wait with no end in sight is enough. First time I asked for a refund, too.

I will see what becomes of this and then maaaaaybe buy it again. I have to say I am thoroughly disappointed. VtM: BL2 is one of my most favorite games ever. Sad.

I don't pre-order games anymore, but this is still my most wanted game. However with all the delays and my desire to not buy any game until it's complete and under $25, I'm sure I won't get my hands on it until 2028.

"we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner" it says they've started collaborating with a new studio.

My bad for not looking to see which quoted document led this post off. I thought it was referring to the press release that was released today, which doesn't use that kind of wording:

"Good morning, everyone

As you have noticed, we’ve been keeping pretty quiet for a while. With this in mind, the first piece of news we have for you is to confirm that Bloodlines 2 is still in development.

Secondly, we have made the hard decision that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2 - which also means that we will not be releasing in 2021 as previously planned. Since we cannot at this time communicate a new release date, we've also decided to stop accepting pre-orders for the time being.

This game is very important to us and it has been an ambitious project from the very start. In order to meet our goals for it, we’ve come to the conclusion that a change is needed and, as a result, more development time is required.

We’d like to take this opportunity to honor Hardsuit Labs for their efforts and thank them for their hard work on the project. The studio has done a tremendous job in laying the foundations for the game and we hope that you, the community, will also appreciate their contribution to Bloodlines 2.

We’re thankful for your continuous support throughout the game’s development. We understand how important this is to you, and we’d love to share more with you. As soon as we can, we’ll let you know what the future development team of Bloodlines 2 will look like."

She's a corporate shill of Paradox owned WoD and can't talk about certain topics. As one commenter said she didn't need 20 minutes just three to answer the DAMN question.

Basically she can't trash talk or air out the dirty laundry.;)

She's a corporate shill of Paradox owned WoD and can't talk about certain topics. As one commenter said she didn't need 20 minutes just three to answer the DAMN question.

Basically she can't trash talk or air out the dirty laundry.;)

Did you listen? There's an NDA, of course, so she can't be explicit about everything, but she's not a "corporate shill." She knows many of the people involved and gave a lot more info than I've otherwise heard for a year and a half.

Back
Top Bottom