The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Some music I've recently discovered.

Red Bazar from their latest album "Things as They Appear"

My favourite from that album is "We Will Find You". On you tube you can hear it with commentaries. But I have a link to bandcamp: https://redbazar.bandcamp.com/track/we-will-find-you. Don't know if that will work.

And the we have "Walk the Rail" from Chile" and their debut album "Embroidery":

pibbur who is glad he found these two bands

More music I just discovered:

Wheel (a Finnish band with a British singer), From their "Moving Backwards" album:

And then we have Ribozyme, a Norwegian Rock band and their new album "Argute":

The guy making the guitar in the video is the husband of my niece.

pibbur who knows what a ribozyme is

Sort of a mash of indie, surf rock (that piece is stronger in some of their other tracks), and gaze.

"Trouble" by Tallies

My son is two years old, and I've recently taken to playing him TV themes - they're short and have strong melodies and he seems to enjoy them (particularly the A team, although maybe I'm projecting that one!). Anyway, I came across this tune from the 60s show Dangerman and discovered I love it myself. I never watched the show but this theme is fantastic:

80's metal is back.:lol:

Really enjoying this live short set from Metric. Check out the video here.

"Their sound evolved from the mellow/downtempo style of their early EPs and Grow Up and Blow Away album, to the new wave style of Old World Underground, Where Are You Now?, then more hard rock on Live It Out, then to the accessible indie rock of Fantasies, and to the more grandiose of Synthetica, and then the electronic of Pagans in Vegas, later fusing this with their gothic rock and new wave styles for Art of Doubt."

https://www.kcrw.com/music/shows/morning-becomes-eclectic/metric-2019-03-21

After watching the most recent Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony, I fell into a deep Cure world. Robert Smith and the lads are still awesome!

A.I generated Death Metal (24/7):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNNmBtNcccE&feature=youtu.be

i love everything neural network generated.. played a lot with it for images and animations 2-3 years ago, sick stuff you can do with it. It could probably surpass human created music eventually, much of it is just math + recognition (which is what neural networks do, and really well). This one can recognize and recreate subtle differences between genres.

Darkwave goodness from Chibi and the band. Vocals in the chorus just pulls you in.

Since Radiohead didn't perform at their Hall of Fame induction, I've been listening to all of their albums the last two days, what a tremendous treat for my ears and brain!!!

His smacking, the saliva noise, at the beginning and when he is kissing his hand majes me shiver. :sick:

Apart from that, liked the eyes and the bird house. Remarkable.

Back
Top Bottom