Exoplanet

Hello!
Please check out new review of Exoplanet: First Contact (Italian language).

EYZZQrqWsAcupRf

Hello guys!

We are happy to announce the long-awaited upcoming update and the private beta testing.

Details are here.

Hello!

We continue the development and today I want to show you our new aiming system which is on beta testing now.
It would be interesting to know your opinion.

Hello! Please check out new video stuff from space western RPG Exoplanet: First Contact. It depicts a fight between the game’s protagonist Jack Sharp and the K’Tharsian animal named Hornhog. The video is taken from the beta test so the fight seems quite unbalanced. And it makes the ongoing events pretty funny.

What do you think about it?

Join our Discord channel to learn more about the game: https://discordapp.com/invite/g587hrb

Hello guys! Today we want to show you some demo stuff from the test build that showcases one of the important moments. If you are a hardcore RPG fan then you, of course, know that in many games of this genre there can be situations when you accidentally or purposely kill some important NPCs who can supply you with needful items or are important for the game’s plot.

The most common cases are the merchants — when you kill one of them in Neverwinter Nights, for instance, you can’t simply rob his store after his death and take all these wonderful things he offered: the goods just disappear. However, there are some more serious examples.

In S.T.A.L.K.E.R. if you kill the stalker named Wolf before he gives you his quests, you lose the opportunity to receive those quests in any other way. In Risen and Dragon Age: Origins there are some NPCs who may be killed not by the protagonist but by monsters, and their quests related to them become incompletable, too. In Fallout: New Vegas you can slaughter the whole factions, losing the opportunity to complete the missions which are tied to them while in Fallout 2 the whole locations may remain unavailable for you if you kill some plot-important NPCs. And don’t forget how many times you saw this in Morrowind: “With this character’s death, the thread of prophecy is severed. Restore a saved game to restore the weave of fate, or persist in the doomed world you have created”... Also, Skyrim, where many NPCs are randomly generated, is probably the most bright example. When you meet one of them, you can kill him without a single word, loot his corpse and don’t even ever know what you may get from this character if you wouldn’t do this.

Unlike in Skyrim, in Exoplanet: First Contact we are trying to give players absolute freedom in their actions and decisions. It means that we are planning to make it possible for you to find another way for obtaining quests if you will accidentally or deliberately shoot, stab or beat to death one of the important quest NPCs.

In the following video you can see Jack Sharp’s encounter with Clinta, a K’Tharsian bounty hunter who gives Jack a few quests. This time Jack wasn’t lucky in his attempt to assassinate Clinta and fell dead himself but things would turn out different, would he be equipped better while the player would prefer immediate experience points and loot instead of long journey and exploration. With which exact ways will you receive the quests if you kill NPC related to them? Well, you can learn about it by yourself when the time is right.

The main point is that we don’t want to tie the players as it happens in some other RPGs, we would like to give and show them all they may want to take and see, no matter how they would wish to act in the Exoplanet’s world. We are very interested to know your opinion about such an approach. What do you think?

Not sure I followed all of that, but if you're still needing testers I can buy the game and help out. Just let me know.

Unlike in Skyrim, in Exoplanet: First Contact we are trying to give players absolute freedom in their actions and decisions. It means that we are planning to make it possible for you to find another way for obtaining quests if you will accidentally or deliberately shoot, stab or beat to death one of the important quest NPCs.
I think freedom without consequences is antithetical to a good CRPG. If you deliberately knock off someone, then you should face the consequences.(just make it hard to do so, perhaps)

Not sure I followed all of that, but if you're still needing testers I can buy the game and help out. Just let me know.

Hello! Sure, it's an option, thank you.

I don't like it when NPC's and their questlines die by chance outside of your control. Theres occasional NPC's in Fallout 3&NV that die by monster attack before the PC even meets them.

Having NPC's 100% killable by the PC but then giving the same quest by another spawning NPC reduces my investment in the story or the choices. It would feel like repeatable MMO quests or the games that have 'random generated quests' if you didn't pull it off correctly.

Take Baldurs Gate : You are ushered out of the Candlekeep by Gorion. The story has the PC knowing and being friends with Gorion. Gorion is then script killed by Ogres (or something) shortly after leaving the keep.
Wouldn't quite be the same if I killed Gorion in the keep and then still got the escape plot questline.

Gorion : You are in danger lets leave the keep. I shall tell you more while we are escaping.
PC Kills Gorion.

NewlySpawnedMonk#1:You are in danger lets leave the keep. I shall tell you more while we are escaping.
PC: Who are you?
NewlySpawnedMonk#1: Lifelong childhood friend, blah blah.
PC Kills NewlySpawnedMonk#1

NewlySpawnedMonk#2 :You are in danger lets leave the keep. I shall tell you more while we are escaping.
PC: wtf?

Hello folks! Thanks a lot for your comments!

In anticipation of the Steam update we would like to show you how graphics and the dynamics of Exoplanet: First Contact have changed during the last time. This is how the crucas hunt will look after the update. What do you think?

Crucas-shoot.gif

Back
Top Bottom