Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Tip and Tricks -

Warning: until it is patched, do not complete the Robber Baron side quest, all your post-completion quest will be corrupt.

You sure? Nothing seems corrupt on me. :)
But the thing is, I persuaded the baron to leave. Didn't fight there.

You sure? Nothing seems corrupt on me. :)
But the thing is, I persuaded the baron to leave. Didn't fight there.

Some people reported it. Going by an updated post from someone who reloaded an older save and retried the quest doing things a bit differently, it doesn't get corrupted in all cases.

Last edited:
Time doesn't seem to pass in the first village, so take your time. You can raise herbalism to max here and there are several benefits to doing so: Raise your strength through picking herbs, raise charisma through carrying herbs, raise the selling price of herbs you pick, etc.

Not that this is really necessary though.
There are much easier ways to earn money, also I found it quite annoying at start that you are neither able to store the stuff (you get the chest later) and also I think the vendors money was rather limited. Your carrying capacity was limited, so you probably need to throw stuff away.
I mean you can have much more entertaining gameplay than picking herbs for a bonus you don't really need.

However: By picking herbs and first chosing to also gain strength by doing so, you can easily reach strength 4 which gives you the option to add to your carry capacity.
The extremely low carry capacity was extremely annoying at the start of the game, so this is a nice live improvement advantage.

70kg is a extremely low carrying capacity. lol

For general information:
Bianca has 20 groschen and a book you probably wants to buy for ~40 groschen, She doesn't buy herbs. She buy food. Note, don't ask for the pitcher until you are done trading stuff with her. She can't be interacted with afterward.

The grocer buys food and has 40 groschen (so pick everything in your house and sell it to her, just eat from the pots instead of eating food).

There are two general traders with 80 groschen, these two buy herbs.
The tailor, charcoal burner and "smith" don't buy herbs.

The next person you can sell stuff to in the prologue past that part only has 10 groschen and he buys basically anything. But there is more interesting stuff to pick up than herbs in that place so don't bother carrying herbs too much.

We're still about prologue? Don't keep more than 30 flowers on you. The rest of herbs sell till all merchants are dry or trade for food (so you can sell that foor in the tavern). If you still have more than 30, drop them all BEFORE bringing nails for a girl.

Or wait till someone makes prologue save with everything possible maxed there done. I ought to make one, but am kinda lazy. :(
I still don't think you can max herbalism there, didn't try it though.

crpgnut just started to play the game it seems.

I saw a post-prologue save on nexusmod, but I don't know if it is maxed or not, but then fully maxed might be game breaking. I saw a dude on Reddit who chocked guards, stole their equipment and then beat them up with it to raise his combat skill super high. He was a top fighter and thief after he was done with the prologue.

I personally succeeded in choke one of the Cumans assaulting Theresa and steal his stuff. Can't sell any of it and the prologue can provide you with some gear too so it's kinda pointless.

Weirdest feature of the game: you can apply any potions to food and weapons (not just poisons/deadly stuff) and they still works.

I'm still trying to understand the grindstone (to not crap my weapons) and repair kits (difference between small and full kits).

Weirdest feature of the game: you can apply any potions to food and weapons (not just poisons/deadly stuff) and they still works.

I'm still trying to understand the grindstone (to not crap my weapons) and repair kits (difference between small and full kits).

Yep, if you found the answer to the last question, let us know. ^^

I went hunting for information.

For the grindstone, reading the related section (improve sword's sharpness) here should help (explains using a controller, but I think it's easy to understand if you have seen the grindstone controls on kb/mouse).

For the kits, seems what you can repair is tied to your skill level, which means I'm still not quite sure if the kits (small vs full) have a difference outside amount of repairs done with it. I guess I'll have to buy the not-small ones and try.

Hmmm, I sold enough herbs to clean everyone out in town. I had my herbalism skill up to 13 too, which gives you 3 of the choices, iirc. You can choose the strength choice unless herbies are over 10. Ergo, pick TONS of herbs and get that free strength stat climbing. I didn't choose strength during character creation and mine is 4 now.

I'm at 4 STR, 1 AGI, 4 VIT, 3 SPEECH, 15 Charisma and 17 Speed as I wake up at the Millers. Of course some of that is clothing (Charisma). Lots of restarts and replaying areas though.

I think you put too much emphasis on skills and attributes. I mean...you can do that.
But in this game I honestly don't see the point. Haven't come across anything where I thought like "if I just had a higher skill".

That is excluding the weight capacity.

Actually I did and that's those guards buggering me frequently to check my belongings and always when I forget to move stolen items on the horse, never when I'm "clean".
Thankfully, now I just speech them off.

Weight capacity? What's that? ;)

that's those guards buggering me frequently to check my belongings

Bouhahaha.

You're reputation is too low with them. It's something that I like about the game, act suspiciously, be treated like it.

Also, today I tried alchemy and I have to say is OMG. It's basically its own game.

No. My reputation is 100 and I have high charisma.
I steal a lot and I believe that guards AI, because I "cleaned" too many containers and pickpocketed too many people, checks "everyone" which includes me. And that is in fact logical - a mechanic similar to Gothic 2 where if you steal too many items in a settlement, it goes hostile on you. And I actually like it because the whole thing persuaded me into caring about speech. Which means talking to everyone about everything and getting certain speech perks. Which again is rewarding on it's own, you never know where you'll learn about a new, rich, "victim". :evilgrin:

Another tip. Finding roe deer is like getting a jackpot, those seem too rare in the game. When you get a quest to "smuggle" it's meat, just buy it from a butcher (Ledetchko store has plenty of it, but you can buy it elsewhere).
Note that different questgivers asking for wild animals do not care about meat quality, only about number of pieces you give them. Which means during a certain main story quest where you hunt hare, just store the meat in a camp trunk to grab it later when needed. It's quality will be 0 of course, but since questgivers don't care, neither should you. ;)
Additionally, since you'll have to bring tons of meat in some cases, I strongly suggest getting tier 5 horse, best saddle (with 4 saddlebags) so your overall capacity doesn't pose a problem.

Another one. Stealth mechanics is almost completely broken.
I've posted before that people have 6th sense and sometimes will wake up if you're naked and completely silent while never reacting to clunking noise coming from a fully equipped guard or something.
Also everyone has infrared 20/20 vision and can spot you in the darkest place regardless of their distance. So if you're doing mischivous deeds, make sure noone is faced towards you.
Finally, stealth KO/kill is not silent and for whatever reason will wake everyone up. It's still a viable option to avoid hard trashmobs aggro - stealthkill the bandit boss who is the toughest then deal with his easy to kill sidekicks who all woke up although not even you heard anything.

EDIT:
Most important:
Although there are sidequests related to cumans, DO NOT kill any cumans NORTH OF UZHITZ before you finish Nest of Vipers main story quest. There is a gamestopper bug if you clear some camp(s) prior to doing the mentioned main story quest:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/2860219962095854641/

Last edited:
Strange, people only talk (on Reddit) about guards searching them all the time being tied to their poor reputation with them. The reputation for areas is usually split into different sub-groups (guards have their own), except for Skalitz.

I'm not surprised people asking for meat don't care about quality, it last one day and hunting + going back basically takes that much.

Stealth isn't that broken, it's just not an "invisibility" system like in most RPGs. You need to be methodical, do not run (even with 0 noise, running generate some, so walk slowly), makes sure nobody can see you (watch out for patrols) and do not forget that once people spot you crouching they are going to follow you around for a bit even in not "tresspassing/private areas". I think it also affect reputation. Noisy people. Dog will also bark if they spot you and wake people up (I think you can give them meat to shut them up, but I haven't tried it).

Also, you might not be doing noise, but the dude you are strangling/killing in heavy armor is. It's not just about your noise level.

Forget reddit, try it sometimes.
I can upload my current save if it matters, rep 100 yet guards still stop me sometimes. Maybe stripsearch is their fetish? :)

Stealth is utterly broken. I have dog friend perk and they don't bark at me so it's not that.
The dude I'm KOing in their sleep is in fact a female villager wearing almost absolutely nothing in her sleep. Yet someone on a distant bed wakes up.
Try it somewhere. Maybe the best example is the second exectutioner quest, during night KO one of his helpers where each is sleeping almost naked in separate tents so you aren't even in their line of sight. As soon as you KO one helper, the other two will instantly wake up.
But even in this broken state still has it's uses so definetly improve it a bit, even if you're not roleplaying a theiving bastard. ;)

Guards do not accost me, ever…and I stole stuff a little everywhere (including from the Rathaus), my reputation with them isn't even high (~40) and my charisma haven't changed much (at 9). Maybe it is what you are wearing?

The only time I KOed someone while another was sleeping, the two NPCs were right beside one another. I was able to KO both. The second one didn't wake up fast enough.

ok guys, a question to both of you: you both seem to be doing a lot of stealing. Now, I'm not a paladin sort of guy but I'm curious if it's difficult/impossible to progress without stealing or you are doing it just for fun of it?

Back
Top Bottom