Obsidian Entertainment - Leonard Boyarsky Joins

Couch,

I am enjoying my full second replay of o POE with both DLC I wish:

1- it wouldn't end, I have been dragging it out over the last few days. Almost finished The white March part II.

2- PoE was ready to go right now.

Also nice to see you back Aubrielle.

Couch,

I am enjoying my full second replay of o POE with both DLC I wish:

1- it wouldn't end, I have been dragging it out over the last few days. Almost finished The white March part II.

2- PoE was ready to go right now.
I still have to play both POE expansions, but I just started playing Banner Saga 1&2. After that I'm going to replay the new Baldur's Gate editions with the latest patches.
Also nice to see you back Aubrielle.
Me to but I talk with her on Google+ were she also shares links.

I still have to play both POE expansions, but I just started Banner Saga 1&2. After that I'm going to replay the new Baldur's Gate editions with the latest patches.

I don't think I will have much time to play anything for sometime unless it is replay of something. A new game if I really like it I know it will become all consuming.

I am doing some custom work to our home right now. I just got half of my custom cut live edge pine today. Pick up some 4 foot by 2 foot tiles I had to order in after work.

MCA said there is no chance Obsidian would work on another Fallout game. And not because people in Obsidian don't want to do it.

MCA said there is no chance Obsidian would work on another Fallout game. And not because people in Obsidian don't want to do it.

Avellone's also not there anymore, so it's hard to say whether this remains true. I gather he meant that the decision was entirely on Bethesda's side, but maybe a different relationship would happen post-Avellone.

Between the clunky engine, ridiculously short development cycle, a payment bonus based on a meta-critic score(!?), and behind-the-scenes restrictions (no more than X amount of [spoken] dialogue lines per DLC!), I hope any such statements were simply momentary sentiments based in frustration.

I sincerely hope no bridges were actually burned… because if all I have left to look forward to is Bethesda's When Zombies ATTACK! version of things, then I'm done with Fallout. And it would be a travesty if Leonard & Tim didn't get to work on their baby one last time.

Avellone's also not there anymore, so it's hard to say whether this remains true. I gather he meant that the decision was entirely on Bethesda's side, but maybe a different relationship would happen post-Avellone.
Avellone sounded pretty sure bridges were burned. There was an interview where he said directly that he has no chance to work on another Fallout as part of Obsidian which meant that Obsidian has no chance to get another Fallout game to do.

Where and when did he state all this doom and gloom? An Escapist article as recently as 2013 has him stating the opposite, in high hopes.
After he left Obsidian. I don't know which article exactly. I read it on Codex, they are crazy about following everything MCA says anywhere.

Well, I'll believe it when I see it :p In this case, I'll be clinging to hope for some sort of FO 4.5 announcement from Obsidian in 2017/2018. And if it doesn't materialize… well… RIP Fallout - I have no interest in a vapid, homogenized zombie game with boobs.

I have no interest in a vapid, homogenized zombie game with boobs.
I agree as the Fallout 4 Nexus site consist of 80% boob mods.:lol:

Avellone sounded pretty sure bridges were burned. There was an interview where he said directly that he has no chance to work on another Fallout as part of Obsidian which meant that Obsidian has no chance to get another Fallout game to do.

Does that really surprise anyone? When they did their PoE Kickstarter, they basically said that publishers all suck and how it was horrific to be held back and oppressed by the pure incarnations of evil all the time.

So... why would they ever seek business with Bethesda again or why would Bethesda ever offer them business again if it is so terrible to work under those conditions?

It seems to me like both parties should be super-happy that they no longer have to do business with each other.

I thought Tramell Ray Isaac designed Vault Boy?

Maybe just terminology, Boyarsky designed him and Isaac actually drew him?

a payment bonus based on a meta-critic score(!?),

So is Todd Howard receiving bonus based on meta critic score? :p
Anyway this is great news...what does azarhal.wikia say about Boyarsky? The name sounds familiar.

Back
Top Bottom