Pricewatch!

You (pun intended) keep asking this I keep saying yes. :) The first game requires 3rd party program and a lot of fiddling but the 2nd and 3rd work out of the box.

I’ve beat them all with M&K on PC. I’ve also beat the 2nd and 3rd with a controller on PS4 and I’d say both inputs work equal well.

Hum. Interesting. I could never get the first one to work well with kb/m; maybe i should try again. Been 'fraid to go past the first one given my lack of success.
-
One question - at some point I thought the developer declared it to be cheating to use mods with dark soul and put some sort of stop working code in it ? Is this true and still the case - will it work with mouse fixer mod or is that considered cheating ?

That XCOM shooter is a decent game. Worth a look.

Fanatical is having a big sale on Total War titles. Total War: Warhammer is 70% off. What's the opinion on that one?

https://www.fanatical.com/en/latest-deals

It's like all the other Total War games. A little light on strategy and heavy on real-time warfare. It's got a nice fantasy flavor - and it's pretty good if you're into the genre.

Personally, I prefer games to have more depth in the strategic layer - and though the tactical engine is very nice to look at, there's only so much war I can take before getting sick of it.

Most fans of the franchise seem to agree it's the best of them, so far. Well, except for the sequel that was recently released.

My problem with the games is they sell the base cheap but then have 1000 dlc. Kind of annoying. On the really old ones you can get the complete deal but they currently have four under 'active' development (rome ii emperor; atila; and the two warahmmers.). I'd pick up Atilia (which is said to be much better than rome ii) but only once they offer the complete package for one known price.

That's why you should buy only complete editions (example Dishonored 1) or where the complete DLC package is supercheap too (example Saints Row 4).
Also you shouldn't skip games where DLC is just cosmetics (example Trails of Cold Steel).

No, you don't have to buy every game out there. I know, someone should tell me that too. :D

Yeah any game that has the stench of dlc's I just wait for now, and get the full edition on a sale. However, since I find myself often playing either niche games or older ones, it really isn't a huge issue. And I avoid bloat filth ridden platforms like ubijunk and origin like plagues.

Back
Top Bottom