Knights of Light - AAA historical action RPG

I don't know about Elex, but Kingdom Come Deliverance cost $36m to make (including marketing of which it didn't have much), the studio had over 100 devs working on it at the end too. That game was low AAA in term of budget and team size.
36M, that's huge for a first game. I didn't knew, some people have a lot of money to lost to invest that much on the first game of a dev. Ok at end they lost nothing but it's still pure madness.

A historical RPG with optional fantasy elements?

I assume they want to implement some elements or stories from persian "mythology" which is good IMHO. Not some generic fantasy fireballs or something.

I'm wary that the goal is for early access rather than full release.

Its ok to be waried but I think its not completely fair to them. They openly said that KS goal is bare minimum. As you know many devs on KS knows that their KS goal is not enough, but they dont concede and then they have financial problems. Is it worse to tell the truth or concede the truth about KS goal?

Its ok to be waried but I think its not completely fair to them. They openly said that KS goal is bare minimum. As you know many devs on KS knows that their KS goal is not enough, but they dont concede and then they have financial problems. Is it worse to tell the truth or concede the truth about KS goal?

I actually agree with this, I prefer devs being honest. Still went back it, but that's because out didn't look orsound like a game I would be interested to play, but because their first goal is EAcc.

I assume they want to implement some elements or stories from persian "mythology" which is good IMHO. Not some generic fantasy fireballs or something.

Hopefully they'll clarify some of these points in a future update.

Backing this one, At least their are trying to do something original amidst all the fantasy stuff.

Despite Kickstarter Failure, Knights of Light Heading to Early Access
The promising historical RPG Knights of Light is set to fall far short of its crowdfunding goal, but Rumbling Games Studio aims to move ahead with an Early Access release nonetheless.

Though three days yet remain until the Kickstarter campaign officially closes, the team has conceded defeat, as the project has raised little more than 10% of its total funding goal. However, the failure will not spell the end of the ambitious game, as Rumbling Games will instead move ahead with its “back up plan” of an Early Access release on Steam. Knights of Light will also be available via the Xbox Game Preview program and “PlayStation paid alpha.”

Further details on the upcoming releases—including pricing and launch window—have not been revealed.

Back
Top Bottom