|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?

Default What games are you playing now?

August 2nd, 2018, 00:24
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Finally playing Tides Of Numenera and I hope to finish it this time. I'll replay Tyranny next as I never played it with the DLC and small expansion Bastards Wounds.
I really enjoyed Tyranny. I sided with Graven Ashe first time round. Its one of the rare games I then replayed, nearly immediately, siding with the Scarlet Chorus. It was interesting seeing the different ways the story developed, and I'd happily play it again.

Bastards Wounds is poor though. It feels unnecessary, and I found the port key puzzles got old really quickly. I found it to be a bit of a drag to be honest.

Pongo

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2018, 00:33
Mucking around with D:OS. I've played it a few times already (4 or 5 or 6 or who knows); I don't intend to complete it this time - just wanted to check something out in the first chapter.
-
Btw for folks complaining about pre-made companions in bard tales iv; that's all they have in divinity and like bards tale iv you have to find them and add them to your group - do you have the same complaints about ds ?

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2018, 01:43
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Thanks. Currently being sucked in. Very lovecraftian.
Should I get the DLC too?
Couldn't say since I don't have them. Adds two more "side quest" zones and a few more hero classes. Don't really need the extra zones and there's already a few classes that I haven't bothered with so for now, my vote is "No" but I've got them on the wishlist so if the price ever gets ridiculously cheap I'll probably go ahead and grab them.

Did my usual approach- Fire up, played ~20 rounds (game weeks), started over, and now over 120 weeks in. Playing on easy because I'm lazy. Finished all the side stuff (4 areas x 6 bosses each) and I've gotten thru the first attack on the Darkest. Kinda nervous about that second attack so I've been putting it off.
--
Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Beware the Wolf Hunter / / Detroit Red Wings: Tear it down

dteowner

Shoegazer

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2018, 03:21
I have numerous complaints about Divinity: Original Sin, and yes, the characters you are allotted to play are among some of my issues with that game, most notably the second. However, the problems I have with the characters would be far down in my list of issues.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2018, 13:26
Playing Stardew Valley multiplayer. It runs smoothly and there are so much new contents!!!
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)

August 2nd, 2018, 14:22
Subnautica. Pretty great!
--
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be manners."
- George Carlin

vurt

serial 𝓶𝓸𝓭𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓻

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

August 2nd, 2018, 16:34
Yea. this is on my list of games to try - peopel say it is great…. just a question of when…

Originally Posted by vurt View Post
Subnautica. Pretty great!

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 3rd, 2018, 08:04
Gathering allies for a big battle in W3.

Looks like the end is relatively near. Story remains interesting and engaging. Gameplay remains dull and almost like an afterthought - but at least I don't have to invest anything to get to the next story exposition sequence. I haven't upgraded my gear in ages - and I haven't needed anything else in terms of power. I just blast stuff with Igni or roll around a bit. Quite the "Death March"

Even so, it's a strangely pleasant experience. Almost like watching quality TV with the occasional interaction bits.

Tons of little quirks and glitches are starting to add up, though - but it's not a big deal. I had an extended sequence with two Yennifers at her Megascope - with one of them examining it whilst another one was talking to me. At another time I had Geralt say he would go talk to the baron again and ask for Uma:

Spoiler – Story spoiler

Considering the impact of that particular character moment - that wasn't the game's finest hour.

I'm really, really annoyed that CDPR have decided to turn Geralt into such a wuss where Yen is concerned.

Is he that submissive in the books as well?

The Yen/Geralt interactions are really the first time I've felt absolutely counter to the character I'm playing, which isn't great in an RPG.

Also, some of it feels inappropriately modern and almost like a soap opera.

Anyway, I'm probably nitpicking a little. It's just a little weird considering the praise this game is getting in terms of the overall story.

That said, the vast majority is still good - but not THAT good.

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)

August 4th, 2018, 03:14
Played a few minutes of 3030 Deathwar Redux. I was a fan of Star Rangers 2 and this seems like that game at times, on steroids + Food of the Gods growth hormone. It has a lot more of everything yet much of the artwork is charmingly retro, heavily influenced by the old Lucas Arts point and click adventure games (space traveling and battles are top down view a la Space Rangers 2 or maybe closer to the old Mac game Escape Velocity style but with much MUCH more happening, on screen and otherwise. I think I saw one screen with at least 200 elements/other ships/space stations buzzing around my craft). Been playing it with my Xbox One controller on my 43" smart TV. It works well as something to just chill on your couch with.

JackOfOwls

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

August 4th, 2018, 03:26
Witcher 3 has some really great, haunting music. I especially found the soundtrack during the 3 witches stuff, especially in cut-screen showing close-ups of their portraits (when they're in babe form), good. The title screen music when you have all DLC installed is memorable and dark.

Also wanted to mention that 3030 Deathwar Redux has a great original soundtrack too, mostly consisting of dreamy Jap-pop-esque songs with female vocals.

JackOfOwls

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

August 4th, 2018, 04:32
Originally Posted by Darth Tagnan View Post
Gathering allies for a big battle in W3.

Looks like the end is relatively near. Story remains interesting and engaging. Gameplay remains dull and almost like an afterthought - but at least I don't have to invest anything to get to the next story exposition sequence. I haven't upgraded my gear in ages - and I haven't needed anything else in terms of power. I just blast stuff with Igni or roll around a bit. Quite the "Death March"

Even so, it's a strangely pleasant experience. Almost like watching quality TV with the occasional interaction bits.

Tons of little quirks and glitches are starting to add up, though - but it's not a big deal. I had an extended sequence with two Yennifers at her Megascope - with one of them examining it whilst another one was talking to me. At another time I had Geralt say he would go talk to the baron again and ask for Uma:

Spoiler – Story spoiler

Considering the impact of that particular character moment - that wasn't the game's finest hour.

I'm really, really annoyed that CDPR have decided to turn Geralt into such a wuss where Yen is concerned.

Is he that submissive in the books as well?

The Yen/Geralt interactions are really the first time I've felt absolutely counter to the character I'm playing, which isn't great in an RPG.

Also, some of it feels inappropriately modern and almost like a soap opera.

Anyway, I'm probably nitpicking a little. It's just a little weird considering the praise this game is getting in terms of the overall story.

That said, the vast majority is still good - but not THAT good.
Yeah, I also had a number of glitches as well. People sleeping under thier beds and other weird stuff. It didn’t bother me too much. I just ignored it like I did the occasional flying horse in skyrim.

As for the main quest I thought it was just ok. Gather 3 allies and fight the bad guy, pretty much. Maybe some of the side quest were just so good that the main quest didn’t stand a chance.

The romance stuff though was terrible imo. First,

Spoiler – Spoiler

Second, the way it played out felt like when I was in grade school and a girl would send me a letter that read ‘ do you like me? Check yes or no. It felt very amateurish compared to some of the really good side quests in the game.

As for geralt turning in to a wuss, I’ll cut them some slack on that I’ve seen some pretty macho guys turn to mush when their in love.

As for what I’m playing, nothing unfortunately. Too busy. Going to grab EA premier soon though. A number of games I want to play on there. Madden, the surge, ME andromeda, battlefield 5, tyranny and a few other I don’t remember right now.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

August 4th, 2018, 04:43
Originally Posted by sakichop View Post
The romance stuff though was terrible imo. First,

Spoiler – Spoiler

Second, the way it played out felt like when I was in grade school and a girl would send me a letter that read ‘ do you like me? Check yes or no. It felt very amateurish compared to some of the really good side quests in the game.

As for geralt turning in to a wuss, I’ll cut them some slack on that I’ve seen some pretty macho guys turn to mush when their in love.
Yes but the scene where you……

Spoiler – Spoiler

Cant believe I'm using spoilers for a three year old game.
--
"Praise be to the gaming gods and their holy avatar CD Projekt" - Couchpotato

Check out my RPG News Thread usually updated daily.

Couchpotato

CD Projekt Fanboy

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
+1:

August 4th, 2018, 05:34
Still meandering my way through Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, Second chapter. I just got past the Divine Penguin fight, which for me serves as a serious gut-check, not sure when I'll get back to the game but looking forward to starting the next chapter soon.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

August 4th, 2018, 08:10
Oh, definitely - it's not unrealistic. But let's just say Geralt's approach to Yen is not who I am - or a character I want to be

There's a reason my relationships don't last

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

+1:

August 4th, 2018, 11:40
Just shed a few tears at one of the most touching reunions in gaming history

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

+1:

August 4th, 2018, 14:28
Oh, definitely - it's not unrealistic. But let's just say Geralt's approach to Yen is not who I am - or a character I want to be

There's a reason my relationships don't last
The drawbacks of premade characters.

I struggled with that the entire series and especially the 3rd game.

I felt like the game was really pushing that geralt should be with yen but that wasn’t what I wanted so it created another disconnect.

sakichop

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor

August 4th, 2018, 14:38
I was playing some Bioshock Infinite… but don't think I'm really in the mood for it. It feels like it's going to be a fairly linear game - am I completely off on this?

The graphics are also pretty horrible for an FPS only released a couple years ago! Don't typically pay attention to them, but the game bores me enough to make my mind wander and latch on to 5 polygon window flower boxes.

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

August 4th, 2018, 15:08
Just shed a few tears at one of the most touching reunions in gaming history
Which one is that? I don't remember a reunion after the great battle in W3, which I believe you've already mentioned. Make sure to use spoiler tags.

Damn, I'm starting to get a W3 itch.

danutz_plusplus

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

August 4th, 2018, 16:16
One of the two DLC is really really good. Mostly just a story but a good story

Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
I was playing some Bioshock Infinite… but don't think I'm really in the mood for it. It feels like it's going to be a fairly linear game - am I completely off on this?

The graphics are also pretty horrible for an FPS only released a couple years ago! Don't typically pay attention to them, but the game bores me enough to make my mind wander and latch on to 5 polygon window flower boxes.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

August 4th, 2018, 16:29
Originally Posted by danutz_plusplus View Post
Which one is that? I don't remember a reunion after the great battle in W3, which I believe you've already mentioned. Make sure to use spoiler tags.

Damn, I'm starting to get a W3 itch.
Spoiler – Spoiler

Darth Tagnan

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » What games are you playing now?